Jump to content

PR boss to appeal tribunal ruling

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3276 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

A mentally ill PR manager who was sacked by VisitScotland vows to appeal after losing his disability discrimination case.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • We will have a look at your story and try to give you some advice. However, it is very difficult to read a solid block of text in the way that you have presented it. Please will you present your story spaced and punctuated. It makes it much easier for people to follow and they will be much more likely to give you the advice that you are looking for
    • Personally I would suggest that we might examine the possibility of you getting your refund and then proceeding arteries to get the outstanding money. There is a principle in law that payment of a lesser sum cannot be satisfaction for a greater debt. There are exceptions to this rule – but the general rule is a very well established principle. I think it might be better not saying anything to the dealer about any outstanding sums - although it may be rather late because I gather that you may already have sent a letter to the dealer. Get your refund and then come back here.  
    • hi, i'm kind of hoping someone might be able to help me out with this issue, i don't have money to go and see a solicitor so i'm doing it myself,,  i recently looked up my credit file on a web site and was shocked to see a CCJ, i had no idea what it was about so i called up the court and they gave me the company it was a water bill from a house that i never lived at, it was in fact my ex partners home where she moved after we split up, i moved out and on to a friends flat for about six months and she, my ex, went to live in margate with our two kids, i stayed on london for the next six months while i was awaiting a transfer from work and eventually found a flat near to where she lived so i could she the kids, i asked her if i could have my bank account registered at her house as i didn't trust the comunal post box, she said it would be ok, then after about 7 months my ex said she wanted to go back to london and made a mistake moving there, she left the house after seven months, and she said she never got a water bill while she was there, the water company apparently sent me bills to my exs new place back in london, addressed to me, i'm now living with a new partner, and knew nothing about it all, i had enforcement "men" threatened to come into my house and take my stuff, i went to court and got a start of the writ with the intention of arguing my case, mainly being that i didn't live there, and i'm not responsible for the bills, i have some letters with my address on from the time in question but what would i need to conclusively prove to the judge that i never lived at her address, she has even written a letter to the judge stating that she was responsible and that i didn't live there, but i'm sure it's not going to be enough, the water company won't answer my emails, i've called up on the phone and got nothing except they are "looking at it now" it's been two months, they won't respond, any ideas or help would be appreciated 
    • don't want images one multipage PDF ONLY please read upload
    • i'd p'haps concentrate on your claim only...IMHO? you are very green and don't seem yet to be taking in or understanding a lot of the necessary information. stop using the 'internet'   only use the cag Google custom search top right here pcn claimform.   the 2 or 3 line std defence on just about any PCN claimform thread is ALL YOU NEED.   as for the rest its not for you to act as policeman toward the landowners..not your problem   yes as already advised before the claim prove VCS have no contract no PP etc etc but the results of that will be for your witness statement IF it gets that far...  
  • Our picks

    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.
      I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
        • Like
      • 0 replies
    • 30 Day Right To Reject - Vehicle Casualty Report. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415585-30-day-right-to-reject-vehicle-casualty-report/
      • 57 replies
  • Create New...