• Tweets

• Hmm yes I see your point about proof of postage but nonetheless... "A Notice to Keeper can be served by ordinary post and the Protection of Freedoms Act requires that the Notice, to be valid,  must be delivered either (Where a notice to driver (parking ticket) has been served) Not earlier than 28 days after, nor more than 56 days after, the service of that notice to driver; or (Where no notice to driver has been served (e.g ANPR is used)) Not later than 14 days after the vehicle was parked A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales." My question there is really what might constitute proof? Since you say the issue of delivery is a common one I suppose that no satisfactory answer has been established or you would probably have told me.
    • I would stand your ground and go for the interest. Even if the interest is not awarded you will get the judgement and the worst that might happen is that you won't get your claim fee.  However, it is almost inevitable that you will get the interest.  It is correct that it is at the discretion of the judge but the discretion is almost always exercised in favour of the claimant in these cases.  I think you should stand your ground and don't give even the slightest penny away Another judgement against them on this issue would be very bad for them and they would be really stupid to risk it but if they did, it would cost them far more than the interest they are trying to save which they will most likely have to pay anyway
    • Yep, true to form, they are happy to just save a couple of quid... They invariably lose in court, so to them, that's a win. 😅
    • Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
    • The sign says "Parking conditions apply 24/7". Mind you, that's after a huge wall of text. The whole thing is massively confusing.  Goodness knows what you're meant to do if you spend only a fiver in Iceland or you stay a few minutes over the hour there.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Is this medical negligence ?

MissAlexandra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year i went into hospital at 30 weeks pregnant after my waters broke.

For 2 days i was put on drugs to help babies lungs develop and also to stop any contractions coming.

After 2 days your not allowed to take any more medication to stop contractions and my contractions kicked in.

Late on a sunday night i informed the midwife looking after me on the maternity ward that i was having contractions, she saw them on the monitor i was attached to, and then moved pads on my stomach and they were no longer showing up.

I told her again half an hour later i was still having contractions, she told me if i was she'd know about it and the monitor said i wasn't.

After being in agony for another hour i told her i needed gas and air or something to take the pain away and at 1.45am she acted like she was sick of hearing me and she took me over in a wheelchair to the delivery room.

I was in the delivery room and got measured by a dr and midwife and found to be 3cm, i got given the gas and air but no nurses buzzer.

The dr and midwife closed the door after they measured me and i was on my own in the room and unable to get off the bed due to being in full blown labour.

Within a minute or 2 of being measured and being left alone in the room i could feel baby in my birth canal (this was my 2nd pregnancy), but with noone in the room and noway of getting anyones attention (no nurses buzzer), baby stayed in my birth canal for 15/20 minutes.

The midwife came in after 20 minutes and from one end of the room shouted over "are you alright", i shook my head (saying no) and said i needed to push.

She said "if you need to push just push" (she never came anywhere near me), and she turned around and shut the door again.

I couldn't hold on for any longer as he'd been in my birth canal for 15 minutes and alone in the room i pushed my baby out.

I seemed to of either passed out or went into some sort of daze after i gave birth, and eventually came around and screamed for a midwife.

She came in and saw my baby inbetween my legs and she started screaming "emergency code the doctors, crash team" etc etc, ive never seen someone go so white or in shock in all my life.

She couldn't pick up the umbilical cord clamp to cut the cord because she was shaking so much, eventually she was pushed out of the way by a dr and my baby was taken away.

My husband arrived just after this all happened.

The dr said "did you hear that the baby crying", which i said no because i didn't, the dr also said he's really healthy and well and fine and there's nothing wrong with him but he'll need to be put on a ventilator to help him for a little while.

After 10 hrs in the special care baby unit, our son died after the dr's said it was best to remove his breathing tube as he wouldn't survive.

In the post mortem we were told he died due to fluid on his stomach area and his liver didnt work properly, also that he had brain bleeding.

I was told when i was 20 weeks pregnant he had a problem with undiagnosed fluid on his stomach area, and we was told he could go one way or the other when he was born, but they didnt know what it was causing the fluid, some doctors even said everything was going to be fine.

I lost alot of blood during the delivery and told i'd have a blood transfusion but after my baby died they just hurried me up and told me to go home that day and no blood transfusion was done.

Also i found out in the post mortem my babys apgar score was 2 or 3, meaning death was very highly likely to happen very soon, so why did the doctor who did the apgar score tell me at the time he was fine, healthy and perfect ?

Im left with nightmares about everything now, i now know the midwife came in and saw my baby not moving between my legs (which was probably why she screamed so much and went white as a ghost).

I havent been able to return to work on nights, where i work i work alone and im not able to have music (as a distraction) and when alone my thoughts take over my head and i end up a wreck so i cant return to work yet.

I dont know if this is negligence/gross negligence, im not legally minded.

I put in a complaint with the hospital and ive got a meeting in a few weeks with directors, i dont know if i should have legal representation or what.

All i know is i want answers as to why my baby never stood a chance in that hospital, why i wasnt looked after properly in labour and especially in delivery, i was just left alone to deal with it.

Any advice anyone can throw my way would be greatefully received.

Thank you

UK

PS I also forgot to mention what i feel is damaged to my vagina regions after baby was there for 15 minutes, i wont go into details as its too embarassing, but i also feel the unassisted birth contributed to these problems as i never had them beforehand, or had these problems after my 1st pregnancy.

Edited by MissAlexandra

MissA, this is such a sad account you have shared with us.

Firstly welcome to CAG it's a great community and hopefully we can get you some advice on this.

I'm appalled at your account of events and as a mother can offer you my deepest sympathy. As an an NHS worker I really think you have a very strong case for medical negligence. You really do need to seek medical legal help for this. Citizens Advice may be a good place to start.

For the meeting with the Directors I really think you must take someone with you. This will be very emotional meeting and you will need someone, if possible, not emotionally attached to you as you need to make the most of this meeting.

I'm sure someone with some legal knowledge will be along to offer you some advice soon. I will dip in to this thread and see your progress.

I really do wish you the best of luck.

Also you must seek medical advice from your GP for any birth damage and inform him of the trauma you have been through so that it will be documented in your notes and you can get the support you need from a Gynacologist.

Please keep us informed of your progress and I will try and do a bit of research to see if I can find more support for you.

If you don't get any replies of help here hit the red triangle to the far left and leave a message for the site team.

Best of wishes and good luck. x

Edited by Night Owl
Rubbish spelling! It was 05.00!

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi Miss Alexandra and welcome to CAG. I am so sorry for your loss.

Like Night Owl I'm appalled at what happened to you. In all honesty I don't really feel that I can add much to the advice that she has given. All I can do is say what I would do.

See your doctor. Apart from the obvious grief of losing your baby, your treatment (or lack of) has clearly had a profound effect on you, possibly mentally and physically. There may be treatment that could help you and counselling may also help.

Here's a couple of links that you may find useful.

UK Sands: Overview

This one contains a number of other useful links including to PALS and ICAS.

NHS and local authority social services complaints

Please let us know how you get on.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello Miss Alexandra and welcome from me too. I found your story very touching and you stayed on my mind all yesterday evening after I read it. I didn't post immediately because I didn't want to say the wrong thing, and hope I don't now.

I can only imagine what you went through and I also find your account of the professionals' behaviour appalling, but I think you've been incredibly brave. I hope you have supportive people around you.

I hope your meeting at the hospital achieves what you want, because you seem to be acting more in sorrow than in anger. Please post again if you have further thoughts and I'll watch out for you.

My best, HB x

Illegitimi non carborundum

MissA please come back and talk to us............I'm worried about you and I really think that you may be suffering. x

Got Debt problems?

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Thanks everyone so far for taking the time to answer my questions.

I've still got another week or so till the meeting with the directors.

I just think there going to say something like "it was a fast labour and it was unforseen that you would give birth quickly".

But i know this still doesn't excuse the midwife who when i told i needed to push, didnt check me and just shouted over to me "push if you need to push" from another end of the room and then walked out shutting the door.

Im definately taking my husband to the meeting, he is still more upset about everything whereas i havent started the being upset process because im still so angry about the birth.

I just think there going to fob me off with medical jargon and say it was unforseeable what happened, even though i was in a delivery room, legs apart ready to push.

I dont know whether to see how this one meeting goes and then if i dont like the response i get and feel im being fobbed off, then involve legal representatives, i dont know if it would be too late though to involve them after the meeting.

I feel like im a bit in limbo at the minute, not knowing if what happened to me happens all the time to others and i'd be making a song and dance about it if i involved legal representation, and i'd just look stupid for kicking up a fuss about it.

I'll get my head around what i want to happen in the meeting in the next few days.

Thanks everyone for caring and answering, it really means alot, and anymore wise words given will be greatfully received, sometimes its better for others on the outside looking in to give advice, whereas im on the inside looking in and alot of things dont make sense to me.

Thank you

Why not see if you can find a legal representative who may be willing to give you a free initial consultation before the meeting. Even if you phone a solicitor before the meeting and ask if you should get representation first. You could ask for a postponement if necessary.

Whatever is said at the meeting, I would urge you to listen to what is said, but don't commit yourself to accepting anything. Just tell them you want time to consider what they have to say, and may seek advice before making any decisions.

I would suggest that you take a tape recorder if possible. At the very least take your own notes, and try and make sure that the meeting is minuted. If things are said that you don't want to be forgotten in future, don't be afraid to ask for it to be minuted at the time.

Don't be intimidated, and if you need clarification, ask for it.

Let them know that you won't be fobbed off and are in the driving seat.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you MissA for coming back.........please keep in touch here.

Your grief will play a large part in what you personally get from the meeting. Like you say you haven't had time to grieve and this meeting will open those wounds as you go over the incredibly sad events at the meeting. It will be painful and you may not remember all that is said, you may not be able to ask anything in your grief. I'm glad you are taking your husband and I'm sure he is grieving too.

I really think you need a legal representative to keep accurate notes and support you and your husband in getting a fair meeting. They can also make sure that you understand what is being discussed without feeling intimidated by the medical jargon.

"But i know this still doesn't excuse the midwife who when i told i needed to push, didnt check me and just shouted over to me "push if you need to push" from another end of the room and then walked out shutting the door." Your baby was not full term by dates, 30 weeks, and you were already on medication to help develop the babys lungs, you should have had a midwife with you at all times and she should not have left your side.

This is not my speciality but I now midwives are stretched to look after their mums but this is no excuse to leave you alone as what should have been classed as a high risk delivery.

As a mother with a baby being born early and with predicted breathing problems the midwife should have been with you at all times, even with a second quicker birth she should have had equipment and possibly a doctor on standby to help the baby when delivered.

The nurses call buzzer should have been by your side AT ALL TIMES when you were alone, the midwife should have made sure that you had it for when she was out of the room. Thats basic nursing care.

Did they do a blood test on you after the birth to check your haemoglobin level to tell if you were anaemic after loosing alot of blood at delivery. If this is low then this may delay your recovery, feeling faint and weak.

Please keep updating your thread here and we will all try and help you though this by holding your hand.

Take care. x

Got Debt problems?

Also another thing which i didn't mention above, i was classed as high risk because of the problems which were found when i was 20 weeks pregnant.

After 20 weeks my local hospital (where i had the baby) moved me to a specialist hospital 1 and half hours away and after 20 weeks all my appointments were there and i was looked after by the highest consultant at the that hospital.

So when my waters went when i was 30 weeks pregnant i instinctively went to my local hospital as that was only 5 minutes away and when i got there i told them (along with all my maternity notes) i was high risk and should be in the specialist hosptial but they wouldn't move me by ambulance to the other hospital as they felt "everything would be alright and this whole business regarding a problem with the baby was one big anti climax and everything would be ok with the baby", so they never moved me from my local hosptial and for 3 days i was just kept on a ward at that hospital.

I've only just been thinking even more deeply about everything that happened just after the birth, and i realise now not even a consultant was called in the middle of the night when i gave birth to look after him.

I gave birth at 2.15am and no consultant was brought to look at our son until 7.30am when his shift began (there was no consultants working throughout the night at the hospital).

Our son was just "looked after" by a regular doctor (SHO) for the first 6 hours of his life, even then all they did with my son was observe him for them 6 hours and watch him for changes, by the time the consultant arrived things had got too far with our son and there was not the slightest chance he would of survived because nobody did anything for him in those first crucial hours.

All i was being told the whole weekend i was in my local hospital was how short staffed they were, it was in the height of the swine flu epidemic, and there wasn't enough midwifes about.

I feel that when i got moved to the delivery room from the maternity ward, that the midwife who was there on maternity ward probably (i feel) told the midwife in the delivery room that i was maybe a bit "nurses buzzer happy" (if you know what i mean), i mean on the maternity ward no midwife looked after me and i did have to buzz quite a bit (probably 4 times in an hour) for me to tell them how much pain i was in. Im guessing thats why i wasnt given a nurses buzzer. Even the midwife who found me after i'd given birth couldn't even find the buzzer (the same midwife who was there when i got measured earlier), so she cant say she gave me the buzzer because she couldn't even find it herself.

I know there are mothers out there who do scream blue murder when they are giving birth, but i went through all my labour with zero pain relief (because they wouldn't give me any) right up until the last 20 minutes when i was just given gas and air.

Im also unsure whether or not they gave me a blood test after i gave birth, they could of done, im not sure.

I also got diagnosed (after my waters went) with cardiomapathy meaning my heart rate was 130+ bpm, the consultant diagnosed me with this, it means i had a weakened heart just before the birth and is potenitally life threatening i believe. I told the midwife about 2 hours before i gave birth that my heart rate was 140+ (i'd taken it myself as nobody else was bothering), her response was "if that was your heartbeat we'd know about it and you'd be having a heart attack on the bed now". I told her to check if she didn't beleive me, and she just looked at me like i was a pain in the neck and said sternly "we'd know if it was" and she never checked.

Neither me or my son were looked after, its just i survived and he didn't.

Sorry im just rambling now, thanks again for listening, everything your saying to me is really helping me.

Thank you.

Edited by MissAlexandra

Hi MissA, your doing a very brave thing here.......remembering everything.

It sounds like that up to 30 weeks you were under good care.

You were identified as a high risk birth and referred to a specialist hospital. You did everything right and they should have transfered you to that specialist hospital were you and your baby would have been monitored closer.

Your care would have been under a consultant but he personally would not be at the birth, it's usual to have a more junior, yet very experienced doctor, to actually help at the delivery if needed.

Even when a baby is born if they deteriorate or cause concern they can be transfered to a higher dependency unit by ambulance for further care. It would be down to the observations done following birth.

Birth IS PAINFULL (I rememeber it only too well!) and you have every right to adequate and effective pain relief. Gas and air would have been in the room and you should have had access to it. Don't ever worry about what others think of you in labour, if you needed medical help you should have had it.

Your notes will have a record of blood tests done to you after the birth if you did loose alot of blood.

You say you were diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy after your waters broke, was this not picked up during your pregnancy? Have you had any tests to confirm this, ie ECG Electrocardiogram where they stick stickers to your chest and a machine will read out on paper your heart trace. Are you on medication for this? Sorry lots of questions but you, and your heart, may have been put under a huge amount stress during the birth and they should have been aware of that.

Sorry, I can see you lurking (at the bottom of this thread it shows Currently Active Caggers Viewing this Thread!!) so I will let you read this before answering anything else.

Don't apologise for rambling, it's good to ramble! I'm here to listen along with others to help you get the right help.

Take care. x

Got Debt problems?

Regarding the cardiomyopathy, when my waters went on the friday afternoon and i went into my local hospital, the consultant (who delivered my 1st child) just put the stethoscope on my chest and told me i had what was called cardiomyopathy. I definately didnt have any ECG done or any heart traces. Im sure he said it was brought on by the medication that i had to have to develop babys lungs in the womb.

I dont recall being on any medication speficially for that, i just remember having needles with something in it to help babies lungs develop more.

I'm guessing the consultant put it on my notes about him saying i had cardiomyopathy, but it was never mentioned again in the 3 days following my waters breaking, until i mentioned it to a midwife because as i was worried as it seemed to be going faster than 140 bpm, nobody seemed to be checking me and i didnt want to have a heart attack on the table so thought it best to mention it, even though they didnt pay the slightest bit of attention to what i was saying.

Ive not had any kind of follow up for this either, but upon checking myself, my heart rate appears normal now.

About not being moved to the specialist hospital, the consultant said he didnt want me giving birth in the ambulance (even though they'd given me medication to stop any contractions), and also added in his words "everything is going to be an anti climax and nothing will be wrong with baby at all".

I trusted the local hosptial consultant and i believed him, i guess i could of screamed and stamped my feet for them to move me to the specialist hospital which had a high dependency specialist baby/childrens hospital next door, but when a consultant tells you everything is going to be alright, you believe him.

Also i used to work at this hospital i gave birth at, and i used to see the helicopter take prem babies and very ill babies to the specialist baby hospital, but obviously they didnt do that with mine.

I'll get my head around everything before the meeting im sure, thanks again x

Hi MissA.

I think you need to go to your GP and get your heart checked over. Any medication you took for the baby that has an effect on you should be followed up so that you can be given the all clear......for your peace of mind.

You're right, we put our trust in the doctors who care for us and the advice we are given and we never think to question them.........until things go wrong.........then we question everything! It was down to his experience and knowledge to continue your care at that hospital.

Please go and see your GP (female if poss!) to get an internal examination to make sure everything is normal since the birth. If you have had pain or bleeding with or without sex, you must get advice. By seeing your GP it will be noted on your notes if a problem is identified that has any connection with poor management of the delivery of your baby and may go towards any claim legally.

Staff member or not, at that time you were a mother in need of effective maternity care and you had every right to receive it.

Write down everything, for the meeting, you would like answered in questions so that if you have trouble at the meeting with your grief your husband could continue to ask them. Write down the answers if possible and question everything that you don't understand.........don't be intimidated, you have done nothing wrong, you are just there for answers and there explanation of the events.

Take care x

Got Debt problems?

• 2 weeks later...

Wishing you all the very best MissA. Keep your cool.

Good luck x

Got Debt problems?

Well they've all covered there own backs, and lied through there teeth about the actual events of what happened.

They've said 2 midwifes were in the room present (as per there regulations they said), and they've said they delivered him and that they were also present in the room in the 20 minutes after i got measured, when in reality i was left alone with no nurses buzzer.

Unfortunately i couldn't keep my cool and sobbed uncontrolably, then said if lies are going to be told then im involving a legal team about this.

They said they left the room to get more pain relief of some kind (even though that pain relief was never given to me on my notes), but said they may of gone for 2 minutes at the most.

There now conducting a clinical (review) ? it was a clinical something review, which will take 6 weeks.

Ive said if lies are going to be told then solicitors have to get involved now.

The shift manager on shift at the time on the ward has also said she was in the room during delivery.

There all backing each other up.

I explained at the time all the midwifes following the delivery said how unacceptable it was that i gave birth alone, and im in touch with someone who works on the ward and they've all said what happened to me has caused a huge stink with midwifes on the ward.

Ive also discovered through internet research im not the only one at this hospital who has gone through this, but there baby survived.

Im stressed to the max now.

I told them you tell this midwife who is lying that its bad enough having your baby die and then to be told im lying about what happened, has made this whole situation 10 times more traumatic than it is.

Mad as anything....6 weeks to wait now for another meeting.

Any advice anyone can give (or hugs) are appreciated.

Thank you

OMG MissA........lots of big hugs {{hugs}} {{hugs}} x

Deep breath.

Now I really think you need to seek a legal medical representative.

I'm not sure of the process in Midwifery when a baby dies and a complaint is made.

I know that there will be an internal review of all of the circumstances. Each person involved in your delivery will have to make a statement of the events.

Did you have any witnesses that you can call on who may have been on duty at the time you were in the delivery room?

You really need legal help with this one. x

Got Debt problems?

My husband arrived around 4 minutes after the birth, the midwifes were in the room at this stage and i told my husband what had happened (as in no midwife was there), and the midwife in question heard me explaining the events to my husband and just hung her head (in shame).

Even afterwards when i spoke to other numerous midwifes and when they were asking how baby was, i was telling them i gave birth alone in the delivery room, and they all said they'd heard about it.

I wasnt angry with the midwife in question before today, as i assumed they'd been overstretched and it wasnt her fault i'd been left alone (as she may of been attending to lots of other patients), but now she's lied and i know who she is by name, im going for it and naming and shaming her.

As soon as this clinincal investigation is held and if she's still lying, then im going to national newspapers.

Who is the burden on now to prove the events actually happened ?

Surely midwifes and nurses could do this all the time and babies will die again and again if they are able to lie and give negligent care to patients, as is what happened in my case.

Still so mad.

I cant see the midwife now admitting she's lied (its her career at the end of the day), so the legal route is the only way to go.

x

MissA, you were identified as an at risk pregnancy and it was the Consultants decision ultimately to keep you at the local hospital and not get you transfered.

The midwives would have been aware of this and should have been set up for this birth and the potential problems with the baby. No excuses of understaffing etc...........your baby was identified as high risk. They had a duty of care to you and your baby.

You should have had effective Maternity Care and you didn't, obviously, because very sadly your baby died.

Write as much as you can down, events up to the birth and in the delivery room and after, dates, times, names etc. You may need this for any legal bod. This has all the bells and whistles of negligence.

I hope someone with legal knowledge will be along here to help you soon.

XX {{hugs}} XX

Got Debt problems?

Ive just thought of a way i can prove there lying.

On my notes it says 15 minutes before i gave birth that there was a heart monitor trace of 125-160 bpm of the baby.

I am 99% sure i wasnt put on a baby heart rate trace machine in the 15 minutes leading upto delivery.

The midwife in the delivery room definately only came near me to hand me gas and air, she never hooked me upto the heart monitor.

And baby was in the birth canal for 15 minutes leading upto the delivery, so no heart rate would of been seen on the monitor, making alarms go off on the nurses station.

No midwife came in for 15 minutes, so no alarm was going off, because no heart monitor trace was put on me, so they are lying in the notes about 125-160 bpm of the baby as no reading was taken.

So im requesting the heart trace print outs that they have to keep by law, to prove they are lying.

They also said i lied about what the midwife screamed when she found baby delivered inbetween my legs. The midwife screamed towards the nurses station pull the blue cords, today in the meeting they said no such thing exists as blue cords, i was explaining the events to a worker on the ward after it happened and explained about her screaming blue cords and the worker told me emergency blue cords do exist on the ward.

If i was anybody else, this would tip them over the edge and make them be admitted to a mental unit, if i didnt have a supportive husband then i'd be in there.

I just cant believe they can lie on medical notes like this.

Ive just thought aswell, in my notes it says the midwife was there when i delivered and immediately handed baby over to a paediatrics doctor who was in the room at the time of the delivery aswell (this is according to my notes).

They will have it on there records they called the paediatric crash team to the room (she did scream code 1 delivery suite), so why would a midwife scream towards the nurses station code 1 if there was already a doctor in the room that she apparantly handed baby to as soon as he came out.

Switchboard records will show a crash team was called to the room, so i can go about requesting them.

The things with lies is you will get found out in the end, theres only so much covering up you can do before lies are exposed.

I dont know how the midwife can sleep at night knowing the lies she told.

Im glad i had the meeting today its showed up so many ways they can be tripped up and found out how they are lying and how they acted negligent in our care.

Ive calmed down now and now laughing because ive thought of so many ways i can trip them all up, and with evidence aswell.

This is going to be one huge negligent claim, like im not going through enough already.

Oh another thing, a consultant 1 day before my labour said i had cardiomapathy due to the medication/steroids i was on to make babys lungs stronger or due to the medication i was on to stop contractions.

He never wrote it on my notes he told me i had cardiomapathy, or he'd diagnosed me with cardiomapathy.

There saying the consultant never told me i had cardiomapathy.

So how was i to tell the midwife 30 minutes before delivery that my heart rate was 130/140 bpm and the consultant diagnosed me with cardiomapathy ?

This condition was not something i'd pulled out of the air and made up, the consultant told me i had it.

Im not medically trained, but was told today at the meeting the medication i was on does cause cardiomapathy, so how can i of been lying about the consultant telling me i had this.

I dont go around researching every single drug you can get given in labour, and finding out the conditions you can get by taking the medication, im not a doctor so wouldnt know these things, so im not lying, they are.

I have been a nurse for over 30 years and everything that happens to a patient is documented in either patient care plans or doctors medical notes. Never in my career have I witnessed a staff member "lie" in this documentation. If a staff member is guilty of this unacceptable practice then they deserve to loose their right to care, be it nurse or doctor. I for one would report any behaviour because we are accountable for our actions.

Got Debt problems?

Theres just so many ways now i can prove they have lied on my medical notes.

They've said 2 midwifes were in the room when i delivered, and they immediately handed baby over to a paediatric doctor the second he was out.

So there saying 3 people were in the room when i delivered, a doctor, a shift ward manager and a midwife.

Do all these 3 people realise by putting this in my notes the consequences of what they have done, there careers are going to be over, and i for one wont settle until that happens.

Im going to do a timeline of events, step by step, in order, not in the form of a letter like i have done, but in a timeline.

Soooo many ways they are going to trip up.

Do you have any legal cover with your home contents insurance?

If so it's a good time to use it.

I'm glad you are able to recall so much now, it will help.

Was a post mortum carried out on your baby?

Do you have the full report and cause of death?

Sorry just read back to the begining of your thread and found this,

"In the post mortem we were told he died due to fluid on his stomach area and his liver didnt work properly, also that he had brain bleeding."

You were told this, do you have a copy? have they explained the causes of these findings?

Edited by Night Owl

Got Debt problems?