vodaphone and my wife

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

around 5 years ago my wife cancelled her contract with vodaphone in writing after she was sold a contract phone by a shop sales person even though she had no bank account and gave them mine, i was in to chnge accounts to a new lower acount which i also cancelled at the same time as i had been made unemployed due to a long turm ilness and she thought that was that as she never recived any leters from them again. now cabot financial have pop up there head looking for over :eek: £700 :eek:mostley made up of a "cancelation" charge of over £600.

is this realy the amount they charge to cancell the contract that was realy a miss soled but we now no longer have any paperwork for these phones as they seem to have be misfiled as these ompanys always clamed

I think a 'prove it' letter, suitably amended, is the best way to approach this. You genuinely have no knowledge of any sum owed to Vodaphone, so it's up to Cabot to prove how the debt arose and how the sum has been calculated.

• Haha 1

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I'd say if you want Vodafone to look at this fairly, try this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html

Lee is quite a regular on this forum and he has been invaluable to lots of people sorting problems. He'll probably be along soon anyway, so follow the thread I posted and maybe post any reference number you get here aswell for him to trace things and get the ball rolling.

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi lenny100,

Cancellation fees will vary depending on what price plan the customer had agreed to when accepting their package together with how long was remaining of their minimum contractual commitment at the point at which their account was cancelled.

As locutus has suggested if you could get in touch with me via the steps in our pinned thread. Once you've sent it could you update your thread with the email reference number you'll get when you receive our automated reply so I can make sure I get it and I'll come back to you as soon as I can?

Thanks,

I'd say if you want Vodafone to look at this fairly, try this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html

Lee is quite a regular on this forum and he has been invaluable to lots of people sorting problems. He'll probably be along soon anyway, so follow the thread I posted and maybe post any reference number you get here aswell for him to trace things and get the ball rolling.

Thanks for the glowing reference here locutus - it's appreciated as always.

Take care,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Might also be useful to see what your credit file says - and that of your wife. Who pays for it is immaterial, if your wife took out the contract, then defaulted - then it will be her file that has been affected. After 6 years, the information will become inaccessible.

so £600 to cancell a contract is fair....... all because a sales girl got her hooked on a phone the talked her into geting a contract phone, when she knew my wife did not have a bank account, just wish we still had the paperwork ..

well all she can offer is £1 per mounth as she has no income and= we live on my disability benifits..

I wouldn't worry. They dont raise court actions, simply mark the default on her credit file, then sell on the debt so they still get paid something for it. So assuming she doesn;t plan to get another contract phone, or a loan, there's not much else to worry about if having an outstanding debt soesn;t worry her.

A payg phone is always the best way to go if on limited means (and if you;re well off too) as there are no surprises.

so £600 to cancell a contract is fair....... all because a sales girl got her hooked on a phone the talked her into geting a contract phone, when she knew my wife did not have a bank account, just wish we still had the paperwork ..

well all she can offer is £1 per mounth as she has no income and= we live on my disability benifits..

Hi lenny100,

Essentially the higher the price plan and the longer that customer has remaining of the minimum contractual commitment the more expensive it becomes to cancel an agreement early. However, it's worth bearing in mind that cancellation fees are VAT Exempt.

As promised in my email yesterday as soon as I have more information on the specifics of your wife's case I'll be back in touch with her.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

I dont think I am alone here but

i woulds love to see how these costs for cancelling a contract are made up, and the justfication behind them, as to me this is amounts to daylight robery

we are geting at least 4 calls a day from cabot and they have so far ignored our leter to them to stop calling, and we will deal by letter only, so i am rarther mad with this whole situation

Edited by lenny100

Pretty straightforward Lenny. You afree to a free or discounted phone (the 'inducement'). To get this, you agree to a minimum term in which the network bundle in 'value' based on line rental and inclusive minutes.

The networks know that almost 80% of users no not make use of all their inclusive minutes, so profit from any shortfall. On terminating early, the costs are based on, the 30 days notice period, plus the remaining months until the contract could terminate, plus any brought forward charges for calls not part of the last month, LESS a small percentage because on termination you cannot use the bundles minutes - usually 2% or thereabouts.

The trouble is, you AGREED to all this - so complaining about these costs as unfair having signed to be bound by them makes you lose the moral argument. Don;t sign up for services that are legally binding unless you evaluate and have a contingency in place should your circumstances change.

well today no phone calls but recived this in reply to our prove it letter

2010-05-06-1618-47-1.jpg

now as sugested i hae looked at the bank acount for one week either side of the date and NO payment was taken or payed out from the acount! so how was this payment made.

so what now??

Hi lenny100,

As this will most likely be the date on which we received notification of the payment I'd may be cast your net a little further a field (upto four weeks prior to 18th June 2007) to see if you can locate the payment Cabot have mentioned here.

As promised, I'll be coming back to your wife later this evening with an update on her case.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...

All hot air as I'm sure you know. Just drop them a note saying you are disputing this with Vodafone directly, and action from them will be considered vexatious and you will defend any action that they decide to take. (also take solace in the fact that it would cost them more to actually take you to court than they are likely to gain from it, so it's a bluff!)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lenny100,

It's certainly never a nice job to have to provide bad news to customers but if you'd like to discuss things further with me you're welcome to either reply to my last email or send me a PM with a contact number on which I can reach you and I'll get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK