*** Let's Start Fighting Back - With 1 Penny Cheques ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why only if a CCJ ?

Surely the point is the same, pi$$ them off into submission.

Making payments when the account is in dispute????

Why do this?????

The account is in dispute until they resolve the dispute you do not have to make payments, not even payments of 1p

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they DO NOT INTEND TO RESOLVE IT !!!!

So, if it starts to cost them money each month, what do you think they will do ?

Seriously, I don't think you guys are getting the point.

I get your point, but also everyone elses.

They may well get fed up and stop chasing the debt however they most likely wont remove any data pertaining to it and as you are making payments it gives a longer window for them to pass it on etc.

However your happy doing it and you must do what you feel right, so best of luck with it.

Sorry, maybe I should have made it clear from the start but they don't have a credit agreement agreement and have admited it, they are not going to chase the debt BUT they will continue to report this on my credit file. So as they are adamant that they will continue to report the balance on my credit file, they must of course accept the payments else the balance would be incorrect and I would have a case against them via the ICO.

As for 're-setting the clock' I am sure that I will have sorted this rather than waiting SIX YEARS.

Surely being pro-active and getting rid of them is better than waiting for over half a decade for it to 'drop off' your credit file.

I have used this process in the past with another company and they buckled after the 3rd batch of cheques. Closed the account and never heard form them again (It was not a credit account so didn't have any issues with the credit file), but they still closed the account and confirmed that there was nothing to be paid (they'd had enough of the penny cheques).

Sorry, maybe I should have made it clear from the start but they don't have a credit agreement agreement and have admited it, they are not going to chase the debt BUT they will continue to report this on my credit file.

Why pay them a penny then - let alone thousands of pennies?

I can see the point of this, to a degree, if you have an enforceable agreement and when I first saw your post, I thought about doing this to Capquest. I really can't see the point of doing it on an unenforceable agreement though.

I'll reserve judgment though - you may be right.

By the way, how do you go about printing your own cheques?

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Why pay them a penny then - let alone thousands of pennies?

I can see the point of this, to a degree, if you have an enforceable agreement and when I first saw your post, I thought about doing this to Capquest. I really can't see the point of doing it on an unenforceable agreement though.

I'll reserve judgment though - you may be right.

By the way, how do you go about printing your own cheques?

Regards.

Fred

Also, do you actually sign the cheques or can you print your signature electronically?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I'm paying them pennies to make them lose money, so that they give in and either accept a very low full & final or write it all off and clear my credit file.

I use a template in word that prints the payee and amount to make it take up less of my time, but I use proper cheques.

No they are signed, but it's not from my account i.e. I'm not giving them my signature to copy.........

That's not what I'm thinking of. I'm thinking about the arse ache of signing 1,000 cheques. How do you get around that? Also, how do you print the things? Does your bank accept this? Don't cheques have to be numbered?

Fred

As I sad, I use proper cheques I just print the payee and amount in. All are manually signed.

I don't understand. How do you use Word to print the payee and the amount? In what format are your cheques? Do you have them in a list format? How long does it take you to sign 1000 cheques?

Fred

I made the template in word (just a matter of spacing it correctly) to print the payee and amount in the correct places on a normal cheque from a cheque book, I just run it through the printer. As for signing them, they only get done in batches of each cheque book so not sitting down and signing 1,000 in one go, it will probably be 25 a month by the time they get & cash them and then a new cheque book is issued.

I made the template in word (just a matter of spacing it correctly) to print the payee and amount in the correct places on a normal cheque from a cheque book, I just run it through the printer. As for signing them, they only get done in batches of each cheque book so not sitting down and signing 1,000 in one go, it will probably be 25 a month by the time they reach them, clear and then get a new cheque book issued.

Well I started off quite liking the idea but this seems to be much more trouble than it's worth. For a kick off, I only get 150 cheques in my cheque book so to make a payment of £15 would take 10 chequebooks. Then I would have to feed the bloody things through my printer (it would be quicker to write them out) and sign them - all 1,500 of them.

This is not a practical option at all. I do like it in principle though.

Regards.

Fred

Err, cannot see the point?

Every time you make a 1p payment, you acknowledge the alleged debt!

That was my concern too. Why give them anything at all if no agreement exists? :confused:

Better perhaps to charge them admin fees and vastly more profitable too.:D

Halting payments also starts the 6 year clock towards it being statute barred.

Sometimes it's worth a bit of time and effort to cost DCA's money. The more we question them and use the law to our advantage, then the less profitable their "business" becomes, and the sooner it will die out.

Look at the amount of hours I have spent just to take the pee out of them. Time well spent as it's helped loads of people realise that a DCA is nothing to be scared of, and now loads of people are now laughing and are no longer scared of them. CAG debt section is a far different place in 2010 than it was when I first looked for help and advice on here. Now there is a very positive attitude and we know the DCA's are scared for the future. Something a few years ago we would have never thought possible.

Yes, writing tons of cheques takes time, but it's perectly legal to do, and if it costs the DCA's money and causes them to give up, then I see it as a positive thing. Fight them with every legal thing we can. Then we can change the future for the people who aren't fortunate enough to discover places like CAG.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Sorry, maybe I should have made it clear from the start but they don't have a credit agreement agreement and have admited it, they are not going to chase the debt BUT they will continue to report this on my credit file. So as they are adamant that they will continue to report the balance on my credit file, they must of course accept the payments else the balance would be incorrect and I would have a case against them via the ICO.

As for 're-setting the clock' I am sure that I will have sorted this rather than waiting SIX YEARS.

Surely being pro-active and getting rid of them is better than waiting for over half a decade for it to 'drop off' your credit file.

I have used this process in the past with another company and they buckled after the 3rd batch of cheques. Closed the account and never heard form them again (It was not a credit account so didn't have any issues with the credit file), but they still closed the account and confirmed that there was nothing to be paid (they'd had enough of the penny cheques).

Do keep us informed as it is interesting, good luck.

Well my question remains. Can you print your own cheques? I'm certain that you can. I've heard of stories in the past of people writing out cheques on dead fish, so why not print them? There must be a minimum amount of information required for a cheque to be legal - sort code, account number, name of account holder etc.

That leads me to the next point. I've had cheques in the past where the signature has been printed. So what's the difference between that and putting your own copied signature on a cheque?

If I could do that, I would be quite happy to send Capquest 1,500 cheques as my next payment just to annoy them.

Fred

Yes, apprently you can print your own cheques, but I'm not going down that route as it's not my bank account that the cheques are written from and I don't want that person getting into trouble with their bank.

As it is at the moment, nobody is doing anything wrong, well except Hillesden............

I bet someone thought chasing a refund for all charges was a bad idea or a waste of time before the first success was ever reported. I understand what ppl on here are saying about extending the 6yr time but at the same time I'm also liking the idea of making these b!!!!rds pay.

Let us know how it all gets on.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks