More crippling for the disabled and sick...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The ‘get tough’ approach to sick and disabled welfare claimants promoted by the big party players in the run up to this General Election

Worth a read!

Brown and Cameron more crap.:-(

Stop punishing sick and disabled welfare claimants | Ekklesia

Libro.

Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that “Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.”

Many people of faith also believe that injustice to the vulnerable is not only cruel but also spiritually destructive to those who are involved, and societies built on such shaky foundations may topple.

In the words of Isaiah 10:

Woe to those who make unjust laws,

to those who issue oppressive decrees,

to deprive the poor of their rights

and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people,

making widows their prey

and robbing the fatherless.

What will you do on the day of reckoning,

when disaster comes from afar?

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

I agree wholeheartedly.

There are undoubtedly some people who claim disability and sickness benefits when they could work, just as there are undoubtedly some people who claim unemployment benefit when they could get a job, but I for one am sick to death of being made to jump through hoops, repeatedly, to claim what I am entitled to claim. Why should I be made to suffer because there are, and always will be, some dishonest people in the world? And even worse, why should I be made to feel guilty every time there's yet another news report on 'benefit scroungers'?

I'm not obviously sick or disabled - there are some days when I don't even feel sick or disabled - but there are also plenty when I do. No one ever expects to have to give up a much loved and satisfying career at 41, and I'm still getting over the sheer waste of all that training and experience. The last thing I need is some jumped up jobsworth suggesting I retrain for something else, since they're sure there is a job out there that I can do.

I'm sure there are plenty of jobs out there that I can do - the difficulty is finding an employer who will give me one. I can't guarantee being able to be at work more than two days a week - and which days will be a lottery - and if I do make it, I can't guarantee being able to stay for more than an hour or two without falling asleep (the medication necessary for me to get anywhere tends to have that effect).

I for one would much rather be earning my own living than accepting handouts from the government, but realistically, no matter how much help they give me, I can't. So, leave me alone and stop making me feel like a fraud.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I agree wholeheartedly.

There are undoubtedly some people who claim disability and sickness benefits when they could work, just as there are undoubtedly some people who claim unemployment benefit when they could get a job, but I for one am sick to death of being made to jump through hoops, repeatedly, to claim what I am entitled to claim. Why should I be made to suffer because there are, and always will be, some dishonest people in the world? And even worse, why should I be made to feel guilty every time there's yet another news report on 'benefit scroungers'?

I'm not obviously sick or disabled - there are some days when I don't even feel sick or disabled - but there are also plenty when I do. No one ever expects to have to give up a much loved and satisfying career at 41, and I'm still getting over the sheer waste of all that training and experience. The last thing I need is some jumped up jobsworth suggesting I retrain for something else, since they're sure there is a job out there that I can do.

I'm sure there are plenty of jobs out there that I can do - the difficulty is finding an employer who will give me one. I can't guarantee being able to be at work more than two days a week - and which days will be a lottery - and if I do make it, I can't guarantee being able to stay for more than an hour or two without falling asleep (the medication necessary for me to get anywhere tends to have that effect).

I for one would much rather be earning my own living than accepting handouts from the government, but realistically, no matter how much help they give me, I can't. So, leave me alone and stop making me feel like a fraud.

i am in a simler situation as you "somebody who would love to work" but as i have a mental health codition all i get when i try to work is politly told the posation has been filled by somebody else.

I struggle to live on my benifits as i refuse to give them the answers i have been told to give by "frends" as i dont want ever to be called dishonist but i get realy angry when i hear "sutch and sutch" is geting money for this and that and i am turnd down every time.

i dont think we here on cag`s are the only ones not happy with esa medicals,there is another petition going on on the bbc ouch site with over 800 signatures but i dont think you can sign at the moment,iassume thats because of the general election?

I've just read on another thread that they're starting to move IB claimants to ESA from October, and I'm already panicking.

At the moment, I'm exempt from medicals. Under ESA, I won't be. What's the betting I go from so disabled I don't even have to have a medical to fit for work?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

same here RMW and i'd say 100% chance

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.