Registered Keeper, Not Owner

JGJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been gifted the loan of a car by a close family member and I will be reg. as keeper with DVLA and ins.

As I am only the reg. keeper and not the actual owner of the vehicle, what proof/document would I need to have, to inform say bailiffs etc that the vehicle is only reg keeper to me and not owned by me ??

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

I am not able to answer your question, sorry. However, you might find the following of interest.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2894740.html

I now really really need assistance with this Guys..

Just had a letter today from Bailiff's, i dont have a scanner at home, so will retype it:

-------------------------------------

Dear XXXX

Re Outstanding PCNs

We have received a claim from Mr XXXX that the vehicle we have removed belongs to him. As we have no authority to discuss this matter with him, I have replied directly to you, and you can show Mr XXX this letter if you wish. A copy of this letter will be sent to the Council for their records.

I have reviewed the V5 document and would firstly point out that this does not prove ownership. The document shows the registered keeper, which is what you report to the DVLA.

Having reviewed your case i can see that you have incurred Penalty Charge Notices in this vehicle in 2008, so it would appear that you either previously owned the vehicle, or at least had use of it. I feel it is important to make you aware that the Regulations direct us to seize GOODS OF the debtor and not just GOODS OWNED by the debtor. We believe that you have a vested interest in the vehicle that we have removed and we are satisfied that we have acted correctly and that the vehicle should be classed as goods of the debtor. Furthermore the bailiff believes that the vehicle was removed in accordance with the regulations. Unless we see satisfactory evidence to support Mr XXX's claim we do not believe that the vehicle should be released.

And finally with regards tovthe Ba Tu Dinh V Drakes Group Ltd (2000) case, we do not see why this is significant to your case, and would therefore ask that you explain why you feel this is relevant.

Yours sincerely

Mrs D XXXXX

Compliance Officer

post #27 if the link doesnt take you directly.

The person involved was a named driver, neither the owner or registered keeper but the bailiffs still took the car and the letter above is a response from the bailiffs when the actual owner tried to claim his car back ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi JGJ,

Do you have to register the car in your name? It is possible to insure the car in your name without being the registered owner.

There's a bit more info here on the .gov website :-

Change of name and address on your registration certificate : Directgov - Motoring

It might be worth giving the DVLA a ring on 0300 790 6802 but I wouldn't hold my breath !! :)

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.