letter from HFO regarding a debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well the calm had stormed and the concern wandered away without action from me only to turn around and bite me on the arse!

ScannedImage-1.jpg

As advised I have scanned a copy of a letter I have received Today and I have scanned and kept the envelope also.

One thing I am actually unsure of from this letter is WHO the money is now owed to because we have HFO, HFO Services and HFO Capital all mentioned in the same letter???

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear Turnbull Rutherford. WHEN we obtain judgment a bailiff WILL call.

They simply cannot state that. It is threatening. There is no certainty they will get a CCJ.

This must be reported to the SRA and, as Turnbull Rutherford actually runs HFO Services, to the OFT.

It's been a while since you posted so I'll need to re-read the thread... did you send the SAR to Sainsbury's?

did you send the Subject access requestlink3.gif to Sainsbury's?

Well I started with all great intentions but as the storm calmed it got filed to the back of my mind :(

I have a small amount of funds that I can spare for this now though so I will do it immediately:oops:

Once someone threatens you with legal action we are into pre-action protocols. It's basically saying put up or shut up. Invite them to present their evidence now, if you like - ie. anything they intend to rely on in court.

HFO aren't used to people doing that. Maybe we should adopt it as a tactic.

SAR to the OC is a priority - specifically request copies and dates on default notices, termination, date of sale to a third party, etc.

Also suggest they send a copy of the any sale agreement relating to your account, ie. the one between HBOS and HFO. I don't know if they would be obliged to provide that, but it's worth a try.

Once someone threatens you with legal action we are into pre-action protocols. It's basically saying put up or shut up. Invite them to present their evidence now, if you like - ie. anything they intend to rely on in court.

HFO aren't used to people doing that. Maybe we should adopt it as a tactic.

SAR to the OC is a priority - specifically request copies and dates on default notices, termination, date of sale to a third party, etc.

Also suggest they send a copy of the any sale agreement relating to your account, ie. the one between HBOS and HFO. I don't know if they would be obliged to provide that, but it's worth a try.

I will print off the SAR now and get over to the Post Office to include the £10 Postal Order and send recorded Today.

What do I need to send to HFO?

Do I need to write a letter back toTurnball?

Regards

I have just copied the sar letter and have realised that the address that I currently reside at is going to be different to the one that they have on their records. What is the best thing to do here? Should I just send them a copy of the letter that Turnball have sent me because that has all of the relevant details on it?

As long as they have your name, your address at the time, and your original account number, they should have the info.

To save time, and although it isn't strictly required, you may want to include some form of ID for the OC, and even sign the request (although maybe slightly differently to your usual sig - keep a copy of what you send).

Don't send them anything to do with Turnbullsh*t Rutherford.

Did you report HFO to the OFT and TS for that letter, since it's making direct threats, and not allusions to actions they 'may' take?

HFO and TR do appear to be two of the more unpleasant DCAs - not that any of them are pleasant, of course.

Please edit last letter, you have your address on it.

I don't see it?

point B ) Once HFO obtain judgment...........

Thank You, That is why I missed it:p

Really appreciate you pointing that out:cool:

UPDATE!

Just telephoned Saninsbury's bank and went through the automated procedure and once I had entered my 16 digit account number my call was immediately forwarded to Blair, Oliver and Scott.

I spoke with a young lady who came accross very helpful and said that the debt was sold to Roxburghe PLC on 8th July 2008.

I also asked when the credit agreement was taken out and I was informed that I need to contact Roxburghe PLC and they will have access to that information?

I think I need to make a quick call;)

Sold to Roxburghe PLC? Not to HFO Capital, as they claim? Call back and ask for that in writing. This is very important.

I have called back again and spoke to another VERY helpful advisor and have found out the exact date that the credit agreement was taken out, the exact date that it was passed onto Blair, Oliver and Scott and the exacct amount that had been sold to (AND I CONFIRMED SPELLING, TELEPHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS) Roxburghe PLC.

I have tried calling Roxburghe PLC on the number provided (which is the only number Blair, Oliver and Scott have) and an automated message saying that the number is not in service is given.

I called a 118 service and the Company name and address that I provided apparently uses an EX-DIRECTORY telephone number??? WTF???

I smell a rat!

Roxburghe exists OK - it's another part of the group of companies, and is closely related to HFO.

If you talk to them you will effectively be talking to HFO so DON'T DO IT!

There are other ways to get at the root of what you need.

Ask for that info IN WRITING from BOS. Tell them this information is vital and must be accurate - ask them to double check. Ask if these are the only accounts that HBOS has sold to Roxbughe. If it's the ONLY history they have with Roxburghe, then there's no reason for an 'admin error' on the systems.

This is becoming a worrying trend for HFO. I do not believe their dealings, even with the people they buy debts from, appear transparent.