letter from HFO regarding a debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, I've just found a copy of the letter that I sent to the Company that I never heard back from;)

I've had to copy and paste this straight from my computer because I do not as yet have a scanner

Roxburghe International PLC

Roxburghe House

Lavender Park Road

West Byfleet

Surrey

KT14 6NA

12th November 2008

Account Number: **** **** **** ****

Dear Sir or Madam

I have been informed that ********************** have sold to you a debt that I have outstanding with Sainsbury’s Bank.

I have today spoken with two of your collection department employee’s, Chris ****on and Bruce Ch****, both of which were unable to find such records.

The debt outstanding is for the sum of £********** and is recorded at the address of **************************. It was sold to you on the 8th July 2008. My date of birth is *****************.

As per The Office of Fair Trading - Debt Collection Guidance, I request that you forward onto me ALL details and copies of documentation, including CREDIT AGREEMENT, that you may have in your possession.

I look forward to receiving your reply within 14 days of the date of this letter.

That has saved me a telephone call :D

Edited by HF whO?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of queries.

Where did 'Roxburghe International PLC' come from? Never heard of them!

That was the information passed on to me via telephone call by the Company that had purchased the debt from Sainsbury's Bank

Where did you get the sale date of 8 July 2008?

This again was details passed on by the company that sold the debt to them.

Did you include the £1 CCA request fee with the letter? It's not in the usual CCA request format

I really can't remember sending any money and at the time I was not aware of there being a CCA request format, I think I just went in off the cuff after reading something???:(

Would the appropraite route be now to send an SAR to Sainsbury's Bank, Blair,Oliver & Scott and Roxburghe Int PLC and see what comes back?:confused:

Which was the company that gave you this information then, if it wasn't HFO/Roxburghe and it wasn't Sainsbury's? Tracking this is central to finding out your true situation.

Sainsbury's gave me the details of Blair Oliver and Scott, the debt was initially passed on to them.

H,

Where do Blair, Oliver and Scott come into the equation?

When I contacted Blair Olicer & Scott they gave me the details for Roxburghe Int PLC

All these details were given in telephone conversations.

Blair, Oliver & Scott, I believe are sols for Bank of Scotland, who would have been chasing on behalf of Sainsbury,s, the debt would have then been sold to Roxburghe/HFO.

You need to speak to Sainbury,s to find out when they sold the debt and to whom.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Blair Oliver Scott is in house Bank of Scotland (BOS).

Time to SAR Sainsbury's then.

Sainsburys Bank is 50% owned by Bank of Scotland.

As DB says you need to do a SAR to Sainsbury,s, which costs £10, there are plenty of SAR templates on CAG.

• Haha 1

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Thought I would drop in as HFO seem to be my mandatory subject these days.

You're in good hands HFWho... as long as you can read and write you're already a few evolutionary steps ahead of those at Roxburghe.

:cool:

Thought I would drop in as HFO seem to be my mandatory subject these days.

You're in good hands HFWho... as long as you can read and write you're already a few evolutionary steps ahead of those at Roxburghe.

:lol

I've read your thread and I can confess that my ability is far beyond your capability but I can read and write albeit it with a few spelling issues from time to time

This is starting to make more sense now.

1) Sainsburys

2) Sainsbury's/RBOS Solicitors

3) sale of the debt to Roxburghe

So the SAR to Sainsbury's is £10, no problem I can arrange that

I will get on this immediately.:cool:

The SAR will take upto 40 days to process,any documents you receive from HFO/Rox and Sainsbury,s you will need to save envelopes aswell as letters.

You should also purchase a scanner and get a photobucket account.

All for now

BA

A recorded telephone call to the debt sale team at Sainsburys might also be in order to make sure that the assignment document HFO/Rox have provided you with (if any) is accurately stated.

The only letter I have ever received from HFO was this one very recently which was the reason I registered with the forum

I have attempted to contact you several times recently in connection with the letter that HFO had sent you regarding your account, but we did not manage to have a conversation.

We cannot resolve the matter mutually until we speak to you and I am forced to inform you that we will have to communicate through our solicitors and the Court. This will result in a substantial increase in your outstanding balance as interestlink3.gif and additional charges will be added to your account.

It's our duty to inform you that your account has now been pre-qualified for litigation. In case our solicitors commence legal action against you and obtain a judgment at Court, you will become liable for payment of the court fees and solicitors costs in addition to the debt outstanding to HFO.

This will have following consequences:

A) A county courtlink3.gif judgment against you will make it very difficult and expensive for you to obtain any credit (including a mortgage) in the future.

B) Once HFO obtains judgment against you, we will seek to enforce the judgment in the form of a Warrant of Execution. Court-appointed bailiffs will visit you at ***********************. The Bailiffs will seize your assets which will then be sold at public auctionlink3.gif in order to pay your debt.

This would be your last chance to avoid escalation of this matter by calling me on ********************* within 7 days of dispatch of this letter, or else this account will be moved from my desk to our slicitors for legal action. I would suggest you seek advice from your own solicitor if you doubt the seriosness of this situation

Yours Sincereley

The SAR will take upto 40 days to process,any documents you receive from HFO/Rox and Sainsbury,s you will need to save envelopes aswell as letters.

You should also purchase a scanner and get a photobucket account.

All for now

BA

I already have a photobucket account that gets heavily used so there is no problem there.

I am hoping to have a scanner by Tomorrow.

That is very good advice about the envelopes, I will pick up a large box file for storing EVERYTHING from this moment on.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

sign your name but put crosses through it so it can't be 'lifted'

With regards to the address in the above, I presume that I do not include this as I have had 3 addresses since the one they have on record?

Also, It has been advised that I DO NOT sign so do I ignore this and just print?

I have recently been receiving calls from the HFO 0203 number, a mobile number and PRIVATE NUMBER... Unfortunately I only answer to the numbers stored in my phone (which is PAYG) and there have been no messages left so I'm not entirely sure who could be trying to call me????

I suppose if it persists I can always put 1 of my other sim cards in;)

0203 is misleading - possibly routed from India. Beware.

Agreed, It was this number that contacted me after my email to them and the people on the end of the line did not have a UK accent. More Americanised so since hearing about the call centre in India I would must definitely believe this to be the case too.:wink:

Some place they have built there I must say:mad:

Scan away, please make sure you hide any personal info.

Indeed I shall;)

Does this include the names of HFO staff or just MY personal details such as address/account details/amounts etc.?