Barclaycard - Aghhhhhhhhh!!!!

monkeymad1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I wonder if there is anyone who can help me with a dispute that I currently have with Barclaycard.

Basically, due to unemployment for 12 months and then having to take a part time job on a substantially reduced income, I suffered financial difficulties and fell into arrears with a number of my creditors including Barclaycard.

I sent several letters to Barclaycard and also tried to telephone them to explain my change of circumstances but they have ignorred me completely and added substantial pentalties for late payment a, interest and other charges to my account.

I sent a CCA request in January using the CAG template but to date I have not received a copy of my agreement, just a copy of their current terms and conditions. I subsequently sent the "account in serious dispute" letter again using the CAG template and I attach a copy of their reply.

I will be grateful for any advice that you can give with regard to my next move and a suitable reply to their letter particularly with regard to their comments concerning the Civil Procedure Rules.

Monkeymad1

received Bcard letter 16-03-10.pdf

Hi

There are many more on the forum better qualified to reply in specific detail to your case than I can, but I would just like to add I have been having similar issues with BC - they simply never reply on time and to question. It is almost as if they just want to tag people along because as you have found out the hard way time is money - in their favour. The longer it goes on the more they make.

The aggression and sheer cold bloodiness with which these people operate makes my spine chill.

The only thing I can add is that they are obviously wise to people doing a CCA on them and trying to claim that the debt is unrecognized. From the feelings I get across the forums the message they appear to be that following recent judgments the fact that you don1t have the original details - signed documents - is no longer "enough".

Again the experts on here will answer more fully than I have been able to, but I hope this helps and good luck. Stick at it.

Hi Monkey,

BC and their debt collection monkeys, Mercers, Calders, etc tend to ignore you when you say you're in financial trouble and just keep on at you seeking payments.

They'll ignore your assertion that the a/c is in dispute.

You need all your statements for any period when they added penalty charges on the a/c. If you don't have them, send BC a SAR.

If you have the necessary statements, read up on reclaiming the charges and set them out on a spreadsheet.

See the Interst Tutorial linked in my signature below and read the section about claiming interest in restitution at the bank's contractual rate. This will significantly increase the amount you claim back, particularly if there are older charges.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)