A quick piece of advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening people

I've used your advice a year or so ago to great effect, but I could use a piece of advice now for my Missus

We've been contacted by Mackenzie Hall in a letter saying its a personal matter and could we contact them as they've been given this address for my partner and if its her they would like to speak. So, the usual crap - by the way this always happens after one of us run a experian online check, we have joint accounts and a mortgage so is that just a co-incidence I wonder....

but I digress, My concern is finding the balance of ignoring or just tackling.

For example about 9 months ago Buchanan Clark or something wrote a series of letter of behalf of Aktiva Kapital (again not great with the name here) and I sent them a 'do not acknowledge this debt letter', followed by a second a couple of weeks later, then it went quiet and I therefore realise this could be itresurfacing

so, basically, do I ignore them or should I tackle them, probably with confidence as the missus and I have been together 5 years and its definitely before that!

thoughts or advice all welcome

many thanks

Ignore for now, they will contact you soon enough telling you what this is about. Don't what ever you do is phone them, if they phone you don't go through security with them, tell them to put everything in writing.

Once you know what this alleged debt is for come back & give us what info you have, then we can help you from there.

by the way this always happens after one of us run a experian online check, we have joint accounts and a mortgage so is that just a co-incidence I wonder....

No, no coincidence whatsoever,as CRA's are unregulated then they are paid by the DCA's to put adverse info on peoples CRF's, it is always worth obtaining the CRA's complaints procedure, as it will come in handy if there is ever any incorrect info on your file that they have allowed to be placed on there without your knowledge, the threat of suing them and the DCA for damages (currently standing at £1000 per incorect enty) will normally make them toe the legal line.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!