Would I be entitled to wedding deposit back?

scedminc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Last year I visted a wedding venue and was given a package price which just before I left was told they may be able to do something with the price. The only information I was provided in terms of price at that time was basically venue hire, hog roast, chair covers, marquee hire etc. The next day I received a call stating that they had relooked at the price and managed to knock off £1000. At that time I asked if nothing had changed and all was the same and was told yes everything was the same. Based on that I paid over the phone £1000 deposit as this is what they asked for. I then later received by email a new list and it excluded the chair covers so I called and asked about this and was told not to worry and they will add them back on. I never received another confirmation and kind of took their word for it.

Anyway it transpires that this venue has got very, very, very bad reviews online for various reasons and I had heard from friends and family that it was not a good place. I called them a few days ago as it is getting close to the wedding and thought it was strange I hadnt heard nothing and wanted to finalise some stuff. When I called I was told the woman that dealt with it originally no longer worked there and I had to deal with someone else. I went for a meeting the next day and mentioned about the chair covers and they said they cannot add them back on but will do them at cost if I wanted them. It also turns out that the other woman didnt allow for drinks or extra food to go with the hog roast. They have now added all this but not added to the cost which I guess wouldnt have incurred an extra cost anyway. I mentioned the bad reviews and was just told that it is the same person doing it and that they have it in for them (pretty poor excuse if you ask me).

I asked again for a full breakdown of everything we are getting as this has never been provided plus what we are to expect at various stages throughout the day. I was told they will email it to me but again has never arrived and it is almost a week ago now.

Due to the catelogue of things which I have experienced and the bad reviews I felt our wedding for good reason would most likely be a disaster so have now managed to book another venue for the same price but will be getting more for my money and it is far more organised and has excellent reviews.

I really want my £1000 deposit back and wonder if I can get this back even if it means taking them to court. I thinking along the lines of breach of contract or the fact I have never been provided with anything detailed that I will be getting for my money or the day. The way I see it is According to the sheet I have I will get a hog roast and if they suddenly decide not provide any of the extras then they will just say that all my sheet says is hog roast. Also I am paying for an evening buffet but havent got a clue what that includes and without a breakdown then could just include a couple of jam sandwiches.

Any advice would be great as I am not good on this subject.

Cheers

Sced

Hi sced

you should put the whole thing in writing pretty much as it is here. Tell them that you have no confidence in their ability to organise this very important event for you and you are claiming a full refund of the deposit. You expect their constructive responder within 14 days. That gets the ball rolling but this is clearly going to claim further down the line. That's when they will bottle out. Try the misleading provisions of the unfair consumer practices directive 2008. Don't mention court yet but do mention the relevant parts of the directive. Keep some powder dry for your LBA!

Good luck. Should be a relatively straightforward one. Or you could just go a head with the wedding with them and then sue their arses into oblivion! (lol) not really...!

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"