Reversable CCJ - Unenforceable?

maxmoore

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I remember reading a couple of months back that you can get a CCJ over turned if the court thinks it was enforced unfairly? Is this true?

Basically Bryan Carter who were acting for EGG got one against me a couple of years ago. But at that time I had only just lost my wife suddenly and I was only 26. It was on our 1 year anniversary which made it even harder. At the time I didn't know what to do with this debt and BC didn't have a caring bone in them!

I had suffered really bad with depression and attempted suicide due to my loss. Is this something you think could be over turned in some way?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, its just something I though I read a while back or maybe I have got it wrong?

Anyway thank you for reading,

Adam

My view is that it would be difficult to get overturned after a couple of years. The judge would want to know why it took you so long to get back to court. I think the only way they would look at it is of you got a medical note stating you were suffering from depression at the time following your wife's death and that depression has been ongoing since then.

Hello Pinky,

Thank you for your reply. I am going to try as got nothing to lose. So do I contact the court or is there some official channels to go down?

Ta, Adam

use our search in the blue bar above for

set aside CCJ

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just trying to get you some info off the net, and there's tons of it.

Google

I would like to think that all courts in the land would show you compassion and either get this redetermined or overturned.

BC really does need to be struck off.

Have you thought about making a formal complaint about him to the SRA;

Solicitors Regulation Authority - For solicitors

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi maxmoore, I do hope you are able to set aside the CCJ but you would not only need to show good reasons for the delay but also show that you have a very good chance to defend the origonal claim as the set aside will if successful just remove the CCJ and start the claim from the begining. I have recently done just that with a CCJ that good old Bryan got by default but will add that the judge at the set aside hearing was on the side of BC to begin with even though we had good reasons for both the set aside and a very good defence against the claim itself.

sleepingdog