BankFodder BankFodder

tnook

tnook vs. Cahoot

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2912 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just starting the process of reclaiming credit card charges against Cahoot.

Preliminary letter sent off. Anyone know how stubborn they are? Will they chase it all the way to court?

Just wondering if I should be claiming contractual interest on the credit card charges. Does anyone have any experience of doing this with Cahoot?

Got their standard reply ie "we think the charges are fair etc".

Sent my LBA today.

they ignored me twice, so i sent a third letter and santander replied. santander came back with crap about the supreme court decision. i sent a nice letter back berating them, saying they either don't read correspondence or they have little or no knowledge of the difference between credit card charges and current account charges. awaiting their reply...

They won't get another letter from me. N1 form after this. :)

Another "We are still looking into your complaint" letter from Cahoot/Santander in response to my LBA. Sigh. :rolleyes:

Got a reply, they are crediting my balance with charges from the last 6 years and they have added 8% interest a their "final" offer.

However they have ignored my request for older charges and any of the interest they have charged me on their charges.

Will write back requesting the rest of the charges and the interest.

Got a reply from Santander/Cahoot saying they will not refund older charges nor any interest on any charges they have imposed.

Time to start court proceedings.

Are there any POC templates that relate to credit card charges over 6 years?

Bump :)

Or do the standard POCs cover charges over 6 years too?

I would think it would be hard for them to wriggle out of the charges from 6+ years they form part of the same account. They could argue about the 8% interest but at the end of the day you have been paying CC interest on them since they were added. It's very interesting how they claim ignorance and use the OFT and supreme court ruling on bank charges, then fold. I suppose a percentage of people are put off at each level.

I cannot image them letting it go to court as the flood gates would open, they will probably settle on the court steps so to speak.

Good luck

Pumpytums

Really need to start court action now as Cahoot are still refusing to refund my credit card charges from over six year ago.

Is there any template for a POC for credit card charges over six years old? Any help would be appreciated.

Bump :) Anyone? Or do I just use the standard POC for credit cards and ignore the fact that the charges are over six years old?

i'm in the same boat. i believe the fos take the stance that the limitation only begins from when you found out about the unlawful nature of the charges, therefore you should take it from when you received your list of charges or first asked for a refund. they are slow, but i think you should try the fos first. i think the courts prefer it too, court being the last resort.

FOS are slow and generally useless. The limitation doesn't apply In the same way for credit card charges as it does for bank charges I believe.

After doing much reading I decided to try the FOS route first. Because Cahoot charged me so much on over limit charges and interest on my credit card I was forced to compensate my income by using my Cahoot overdraft on my current account with them. This then led to a cycle of getting charges on that account too in the end I needed to bail out and get a parachute account elsewhere. All this happened while I was out of work and my wife had just given birth to our son.

I am thinking of making the complaint about the credit card charges and link them to the problems I had with the current account as a result of their cycle of charges and try to get these refunded too.

Is it possible to make a complaint to the FOS on two accounts in this way?

I've had no luck with the FOS they claim they are unable to look at charges over 6 years old. So it looks like I'll be going down the small claims route.

Its been quite a few months since I last threatened legal action, do I need to send in one more letter giving Cahoot another opportunity to settle, or should I just start the legal process without a reminder?

Thanks for anyones help!

FOS has after long delay said they won't look at the case as I missed the 6 month window. Pity it took them so long.

Now its back to the original plan of taking this matter to the County Court. I've sent off a letter before action and will start working on my POC.

The outline is:

1. Unfair Cahoot credit card charges and interest kept building up

2. These caused me to slip further into overdraft on my current account with Cahoot.

3. Cahoot then started applying further charges to the current account.

Trying to link the two account and the Credit card charges as the initiator ih my POC. Also the current account charges happened in 2009 so might be able to apply BCOB.