employment rules for apprentiship

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi my daughter who has just turned 18 has started 3 months ago an apprentiship at a nursery..she has asked for her contarct since then and just recieved it 3 days ago ( joke )..they are saying that during her time there she is not entitled to any sick pay...4 weeks holiday when they are closed and no other time and she worked 2 months before april 1 and they are saying she is not allowed the 3 days in holiday built up...any help wll be useful..thanks paul

Hi,

She is entitled to 20 days holidays per year, plus bank holidays... she is, therefore, entitled to enjoy last year's accrued holidays.

You should request clarification of the 'sick pay' clause as she is entilted to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)... are they, in that clause, stating her rights to Occupational/Company Sick pay (OSP)?

Edited by Bigredbus

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all ty for previous responses.....my daughter finally asked the question to her boss regarding her holiday,,she started on feb 01 and still working there..recd her contract 2 weeks ago and said she is entitled to 20 days + bank holidays..she asked today what about the 3 days owing for the feb/mar period as she had worked them..they have said that the 3 days are within the 20 days for this year..that i really do think is out of order and take's the p**s out of a inexperienced 18 yr old and taking her for granted,,how do i deal with this as my daughter is worried about her job...thanks paul