Whiplash Compensation

Sarah_tip

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello,

I had a collison on christams eve. This was in my vehicle which my partner was driving. I am the policyholder and he is a named driver.

The accident was not my partners fault however as there were no independent witnesses this is going seems to be 50/50 liability. We are currently disputing this, as the third party has lied throughout there statement, we have even produced evidence to prove this but still the solicitors do not seem bothered and are still pushing us for 50/50 :-x.

I know that this will mean my partner will only get 50% of his injury claim, but what im wanting to know is as a passenger/policy holder will this mean i also only get 50% of the injury claim? Surely as an innocent party my claim should not be halved?

• 1 month later...

Why would there be any scepticism of genuine whiplash claims? My hubby was seriously injured following a non fault accident when someone drove into the side and back of us and as a result has a serious back injury backed up with an MRI scan and now looks forward to the prospect of losing his job, the complications of back surgery, and quite possibly a lifetime of disability.

Sounds to me that all claimants are being painted with the same brush here when it comes to Personal Injury Claims. Who else is going to pay for the loss of my husbands job, earnings, suffering & quality of life just because one of the drivers decided he was above the law and took it on himself to drink and drive.

Because like in all things, the bad and the cheats make it hard for the genuine claimant.

Just have a look around this site and there are requests for help over whiplash claims that are obviously suggestions from some moneygrabbing solicitor.

I have witnessed the lies and games played firsthand when my son was involved in a non fault accident.

If you had indicated the severity of the injury in your original post, you would have all the respect and response required from those who can help.

How is the claim going?

If you are still ongoing and would like more help, ask the mod to move this thread into the Insurance section by clicking on the red triangle to the left.

Edited by Conniff

No one is suggesting whiplash doesn't exist at all, mearly that the number of "apparent" whiplash injuries that have occurred in the most gentle of accidents are simply a product of our fast growing "claims culture".

I have had a number of small accidents (an ocupational hazard with my job I guess :D) and am disappointed to say that occasionally this has been followed by a pupil saying they have been to the hospital and had "whiplash" diagnosed. This is even when, in my opinion having been in the same car, if we had been asleep in the car, the impact of this "crash" wouldn't even have been enough to wake us up!

How is the claim going?

Its all quiet at the moment, not much happening. Our solicitor has managed to secure interim loss of earnings payments for my husband so our loss at the moment is minimal and we can continue to pay the bills, however I have another thread going in the employment forum regarding the possible loss of employment due to the severe nature of my husbands injuries.

I have had a look around on the forum and there does seem to be a lot of whiplash claims around, maybe its just me being naive, however in my defence to my personal and husbands claim we didn't make the decision lightly to pursue compensation, for us loss of employment is a serious issue in a working class family with 2 children and a mortgage to pay and feel the actions of one of the third parties was totally irresponsible.

I feel there is no way my husband will ever return to his job as an IRS engineer and commissioner which is very physical in it nature, he would fallback to his previous job as a driving instructor however he can't even drive due the pain killers he has been prescribed and his inability to supervise and operate a manually operated car. It just breaks my heart to see what was a confident & physically active man turned into a pain ridden emotional wreck.