• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

How on earth do Welcome calculate their interest

hybrid77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hallelujah! Bebo finally gets a straight answer!! - Sorry beyondhope can you explain??

Its very easy to think you have cracked how the agreements are calculated and that they are off but as fos also showed me this isnt always the case and a feeling of being lead down the garden path soon kicks in!

for arguement for people reading what exactly are the 'prescribed' and 'required' terms for newbies reading?

many thanks!:)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

many thanks!:)

This post here:

Here is the response that welcome supplied the foslink3.gif, This explains in black and white what Ive already told you. at the end of the day its down to you which route you take your case. I would however advise you to look at the letter I recieved this is the facts on how welcome work agreements out also make you fully understand what myself and Steven are telling you. I think failing this an Accountant will be able to explain how you agreement is worked out.

I will again say how frustrated I was when I recieved this letter because I honestly believe it isnt clear enough for a lay person to understand and it has took me a while to grasp. I wish you the best of luck with your case.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

CONSUMER CREDIT (AGREEMENTS) REGS 1983:

Schedule 1 is headed “INFORMATION TO BE CONTAINED IN DOCUMENTS EMBODYING REGULATED CONSUMER CREDIT AGREEMENTS OTHER THAN MODIFYING AGREEMENTS”.

(PAGE 35 OF 50) Schedule 6 is headed “PRESCRIBED TERMS FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 61(1)(A) AND127(3)OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974”

a court shall not make an enforcement order (i.e. a consumer credit or hire agreement will be automatically unenforceable) where

a prescribed requirements in relation to the execution of regulated agreements

(set out in section 61(1)(a) of the 1974 Act) were not complied with or a

document containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was not signed by the debtor or hirer;

Schedule 6 that sets out the Prescribed Terms for the purposes of s61(1)(a) – the heading makes this very plain. An omission or misstatement of a Prescribed Term set out in this Schedule 6 will render an agreement automatically unenforceable. This was the position in Wilson where ‘the amount of the credit’ was incorrectly stated.

AMOUNT OF CREDIT

RATE OF INTEREST

How to discharge your obligations:

eg:

NUMBER OF REPAYMENTS

AMOUNT OF REPAYMENTS

FREQUENCY AND TIMING OF PAYMENTS

DATES OF REPAYMENTS

Schedule 1 does NOT set out Prescribed Terms for the purposes of s61(1)(a) and so an omission of any provision in Schedule 1 will NOT render the agreement automatically unenforceable.

This post here:

Here is the response that welcome supplied the foslink3.gif, This explains in black and white what Ive already told you. at the end of the day its down to you which route you take your case. I would however advise you to look at the letter I recieved this is the facts on how welcome work agreements out also make you fully understand what myself and Steven are telling you. I think failing this an Accountant will be able to explain how you agreement is worked out.

I will again say how frustrated I was when I recieved this letter because I honestly believe it isnt clear enough for a lay person to understand and it has took me a while to grasp. I wish you the best of luck with your case.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

It still does not change the fact that they did not state that interest is charged on the mortgage indemnity fee.

The FOS "APR is a compounded rate that includes the charge for creidt (acceptance fee and MIF) as interest"

NOWHERE ON THE AGREEMENT DOES IT STATE THAT INTEREST IS TO BE CHARGED ON MIF.

A CLEAR MIS STATMENT OF INTEREST.

Unenforceable.....

Edited by emanevs

• 3 weeks later...

As I understand it there are 2 different distinct types of Fixed Sum Credit and what it appears to me is that welcome have combined what they want from the 2. Type 1 Having given people essentially what are personal loans on the agreements it specifies the amount of repayments and intervals between repayments whch is under paragraph 9(a) of schedule 1 CCAR 1983. This is then qualified in Schedule 6 (prescribed terms) para 5. As I read it having specified the amounts and intervals of the repayments and the charge for credit it is a fixed agreement and should also state the total amount payable as per para 11 of schedule 1.

Type 2 This is under paragraph 10 of schedule 1 CCAR 1983 and qualified under para 4 Schedule 6. Type 2 is more akin to running account credit or a credit card agreement where you are charged a monthly interest rate. As I see it what welcome do is people having a Type 1 agreement have interest applied on a monthly basis as if it were Type 2. I cannot find anywhere any legislation that allows welcome to combine the 2.

• 2 weeks later...

The way interest is calculated on a welcome finance loan is very confusing, especially the way it is shown on a statement, interest is charged seperately on the actual loan and on the defualt sums (charges)

Compound Interest - the interest charge on the bulk of the loan

Example

I have a loan of £500, this month my interest is charged at £5 and I do not make a payment then next months interest will be charged on £505. Compound interest allows you to charge interest on interest.

Simple Interest - Charged on the defualt sums

example

I have not made my payments and have charges on my loan of £100. This month the interest is £1 and I do not pay anything off my charges. Next months interest will be charged on £100. Simple interest only charges on the initial amount and does not charge on interest that has been applied.

The interest is applied at the same rate over both the loan & the charges.

When a statement is sent it shows the total balance, the loan and the default sums and does not break this down therefore over complicating matters as it is not clear when simple interest is applied and when compound interest is applied.

If you have any queries over the interest applied the the main part of your loan or the defualt sums or want a breakdown I recommend calling your local office, or Nottingham Central Collections and asking them to explain this to you. As far as I am aware and it was certainly the case back when I did work there that we were unable to produce a statement that was broken down but the information is there for the agent to discuss with you.

just a cleaver way of hiding secret commission.

pers i would advise anyone not to call welcome but to get the info in black and white only

there are 1000's of threads on here detailing successful claims & the way it was done.

why have we never heard this stuff before ...... smokescreen to confuse and further derail members from reclaiming what is justly theirs that welcome have fleeced from them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My post was to explain how the interest is shown on the statement and how it is calculated I don't doubt you've never heard it before and even if you have you probably didn't listen but take it from someone who knows yeah?

Also I would like to know how applying interest is a way of hiding secrect commission and what evidence you have for this?

just a cleaver way of hiding secret commission.

pers i would advise anyone not to call welcome but to get the info in black and white only

there are 1000's of threads on here detailing successful claims & the way it was done.

why have we never heard this stuff before ...... smokescreen to confuse and further derail members from reclaiming what is justly theirs that welcome have fleeced from them.

dx

I agree with DX to get explanations in writing as too much can be misinterpreted in verbal communication

although i dont know what interest calculations have to do with secret commission which I know exist and there is plenty of evidence with members here

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 1 year later...

please start you OWN threads

stickie closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks