How on earth do Welcome calculate their interest

hybrid77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As i have said I would argue it does not matter wether it is Variable the figures at the start point must be representative as required by the CCA 1974

YOU ARE CORRECT

LOOK HOW THE AGREEMENT IS HEADED

FIXED SUM LOAN AGREEMENT

YOU CANY VARY THE APR

ITS FIXED

ok,

how do i put all this to the court, including the legislation to back up the unenforceability?

or is it an unfair relationship?

I will get my accountant to go through the figures, but once he agrees with me what then???

Just Ask Them To Run The Figures On The Agreement

Confirm The Apr

Total Amout Of Loan

Amount Of Interest To Be Paid

They Will Know What To Do

ask Them To Do A Full Audit On The Agreement Figures

Em

What is your rate of interest per annum on your original agreement please. This is the one one they put in small writing. You have to work out your annual flat rate to work the interest out.

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

They are allowed to vary the interest rate but not under the section i have quoted where the intervals and amounts of repayments are specified. (s10) of same Regulations allow variance but it still has to be quoted on a per annum basis. They operate the accounts as more akin to running account credit (credit/store cards) and the like. I am convinced that is how they operate and I would say it is absolutely not compliant with the CCA 1974

Ask Yourself

Its A Fixed Sum Agreement

All The Charges, Interest Rpayaments Are Front Loaded

That Is, Paid Up Front So It Works Like A MOrtage

For The First Three Quarters Of The Loan, All You Are Paying Off In Interest, Only Then Will The Capital Reduce

I MAKE THE Apr At 14 % SO WHY THE 17.30 % QUOTED

I too questioned the above but my agreement didnt even state the correct annual flat rate on it. From what i can see on Ems agreement the 14% seems to be the annual flat rate and when calculating this i more or less match the figures on your agreement i am only a few pence out. The annual flat rate as WFS confirmed to me is the monthly interest rate x 12. The APR which on ems agreement is 17.30% is a compounded rate that includes the charge for credit.

I struggled on my agreement to work this out because my annual flat rate was different to the one that was actually used to work out the interest i was charged. I am sorry em but i cant see what your issue is. If its just thats its worked out on 14% rather than 17.30% i believe a accountant will only say its right. The APR is different to the flat rate used.

I too questioned the above but my agreement didnt even state the correct annual flat rate on it. From what i can see on Ems agreement the 14% seems to be the annual flat rate (14/12 = 1.6666667 per month, which is correct) and when calculating this i more or less match the figures on your agreement i am only a few pence out. The annual flat rate as WFS confirmed to me is the monthly interest rate x 12. The APR which on ems agreement is 17.30% is a compounded rate that includes the charge for credit. (my annual interest rate is 14%)

I struggled on my agreement to work this out because my annual flat rate was different to the one that was actually used to work out the interest i was charged. I am sorry em but i cant see what your issue is. If its just thats its worked out on 14% rather than 17.30% i believe a accountant will only say its right. The APR is different to the flat rate used.

To illustrate the error with the figures see attached files.

27985 @ 14% @ 419.47 (see total payment) takes 130 months to pay off

27985 @ 17.30 is £490.18 per month to pay it off at 121 months

27985 @ 14% @ 432.86 per month is needed to pay it off at 121 months.

Sorry, but I agree with Postggi.

There is no way that my agreement as set out will ensure that the loan is paid off in full at 121 months.

Any thoughts anyone???

Loan Interest Calculator 27985 14.0 interest 419.47 month.pdf

Loan Interest Calculator 27985 17.30 interest.pdf

Loan Interest Calculator 27985.pdf

here is the agreement.

My statement is different as per the post above.

it says 'total amount of credit' is 25,000 yet my annual statement says 27985.

the agreement says 14% interest rate, yet my annual statement says 13.20%

The agreement says the APR is 17.3%. I have checked it using the OFT DualCalc program and the stated APR is correct
If they stuck to my agreement, then this would be the repayment schedule (as far as I can work out?, perhaps I am wrong?)
Sorry, but you are wrong
Clealry this agrement is WRONG!!!

can anyone put me straight, or advise how I put this to a Judge

The agreement is not worng, I'm afraid. Please do not go to court on these grounds.

Welcome do lots of things wrong but getting their sums wrong is not one.

I wish you had posted that on my thread Steven as it took me a long time to figure out the interest on my agreement. Luckily i have not gone to court.

13.20 is the AIR annual interest rate which is the monthly interest rate x 12 . You can work out the AIR by using the annual flat rate which in your case is 14%.

The examples you posted can i ask please where are they look very detailed and i havent found anything like that to use.

I have checked it using the OFT DualCalc program

ANY CHANCE OF A LINK STEPHEN

Unfortunately OFT no longer offer the program on their website.

Fortunately, I got a copy before they dropped it - http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dualcalc_installer.exe :D

13.20 is the AIR annual interest rate which is the monthly interest rate x 12 . You can work out the AIR by using the annual flat rate which in your case is 14%.
In DualCalc, AIR is referred to as the Nominal Annal Rate - this is the more usual term and is what I used in the interest tutorial. However, it is not the 'real' rate of interest. The real rate is the monthly rate quoted. The APR is not really the real rate either. It does refelct the compound nature of the interest but it also includes other charges that make up the total cost of credit.

You (all) should note that you cannot work out the APR by hand or using a spreadsheet. It can only be calculated using a computer program. If you don't believe me, have a look at the OFT description of how to work it out - http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft144.pdf

Edited by steven4064

Thanks Steven thats great.

Em can i ask what you have been using please that way if we using the same thing it might get us on the same page.

im even more confused!!!!!!

what about:

1) My calculations?

2) Total amount of credit wrong?

3) Changes in interest rates from my loan agreement to statement

4) How do I pay all of this loan off within 121 months.

Should I still see my accountant??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks