• Tweets

• I've an idea that what this is is clearing out stock of old tech panels as there have been signs of major breakthroughs in solar tech - inc what is effectively solar paint   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

How on earth do Welcome calculate their interest

hybrid77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, they call it CAPITALISATION, but it's interest. On my statements it says calculated on the daily outstanding balance, but every which way I try, NOTHING adds up! My plan was to get their miscalculations printed out before tea, but I'm going to be sitting here all bloomin night. Does anybody have any insight into Welcome mathematics?

I'm arguing with them over some old arrears but they can't tell me the exact figure. From my calculations on the contractual paments and actual payments, even after their charges and additional interest, the arrears are cleared (plus some), yet I'm still being charged a 'default sum fee interest' every month and their advice is to carry on overpaying ... stuff that!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hehe

welcome [pun intended]

to the great world of welcome fleecers ltd.

i'd have a read of a few thread

that will give you most of the info you need.

but you are not alone!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nice link

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, I'd already tried regular amortization ... way out.

I'll let you know if mine is the same .... just inputting the inital figures doesn't work, but it might get me a bit closer.

I can get the figures to £5.50 a month out with amortization and a bit of fiddling.

ok, mines definately not rule of 78s, my interest rate is going up by a tiny amount every month rather than down, but not by the same amount, not on any form of scale, and not by the number of days in the month.

hallelujah!!!!!

My loan started on 30 nov, 1st payment on 1st jan. They've added the .5 month to the inital inital loan amount (doesn't show this though) then capitalised some of it. After 60 months regular payments, we'll still owe that half month. Nice little money earner for them, that nobody spots.

Now I've worked this out, where do I go with it?

but until the end of the agreement, they could argue that the monthly interest rate will get adjusted later on to take account for it ... if there's any charges or arrears by then, it would be very difficult to argue with them and prove they've done otherwise.

Interest rate on the loan is supposed to be 21%, but the statement adds up to 21.3% in the first 12 months of on-time payments. I can't find any laws which say the statement has to tally with the agreement.

I've sent a letter asking for an explanation and I've to send my letter and their reply to trading standards and FOS.

• 3 weeks later...

Can any one* help. I am a bit confused with rule 78.

Can Rule 78 be used when calculating the original figures as stated on the loan agreement or is it purely for calculating the repayment figures. Any supporting legislation ect most appreciated. *Why have an APR if Rule 78 calculator used?

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

to further confuse and rip off the punter.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Apparently use of rule 78 was considered unfair since may 2005.

Surely, if they (the sc*m) have issued loans since that date and are being repaid under the use of rule 78, then surely the agreements are unenforceable??????

Anyone agree?

I had the same issue I thought my Total amount of credit was incorrect due to certain members on this forum not knowing how welcome work there agreements out. Welcome and the FOS informed me this is how they do it.

They charge interestlink3.gif to Interest bearing Loan agreements based on a monthly flat rate which is calculated on the outstanding balance.

(AIR)This is the monthly Interest rate x12 which gives you the annual flat which is proberly stated on your agreement somewhere.

The APR is a compounded rate that includes the charge for credit (Acceptance Fee, MIF) as interest.

If you read my thread you will see I was informed that my figures were incorrect and Challenged this with the foslink3.gif for 6 months to be told the above and my complaint wasnt upheld.

This was how welcome worked my agreement out, wether everybodies elses is the same I would'nt like say.

Hi Emanevs

OK so interest is calculated on a monthly basis in my case 1.8% which means AIR is 21.6 % this is just 1.8 x 12. The 23.9 % interest as stated on my ageement is 23.9% This is the annual rate that includes the effect of compounding, which is interest charged on interest.

So my agreement was

18591.90 loan and ppi

interest charge 29610.17

acceptance 235.00

mif 1625.45

total charge for credit 31470.62 and monthly payment 417.19.

That's right, but it's my MONTHLY interest rate that's reducing each month when I look closely at the capitalisation each month. On the face of it, everything looks as it should, but by the end of the term, I'll still have an outstanding balance. The only way I get the same interest rate applied each month is if I increase the initial loan amount.

5476.27 94.71 148.39 1.7295%

5422.59 93.68 148.39 1.7276%

5367.88 92.73 148.39 1.7275%

5312.22 91.75 148.39 1.7271%

5255.58 90.76 148.39 1.7269%

5197.95 89.75 148.39 1.7266%

5139.31 88.73 148.39 1.7265%

5079.65 87.68 148.39 1.7261%

5018.94 86.62 148.39 1.7259%

4957.17 85.54 148.39 1.7256%

4894.32 84.44 148.39 1.7253%

4830.37 83.32 148.39 1.7250%

I would'nt like to comment on yours Hybrid77 its took me 6 month to get welcome to admit how mine is calculated.

Whats your opinion emanevs ?

I can think of a couple of things:

1) The use of using rule 78 is unfair - FACT.

Perhaps someone can think of what law we could use against the **** in this respect giving us a loan of which has unfair contract or term?

2) The way in which the loan is paid off makes a whole mockery of the interest amount stated on the loan.

3) If the interest rate is incorrectly stated on our loan agreements, then clearly schedule 6 (prescribed terms) will mean that a court must declare the agreement unenforceable.

4) Once the agreement is delcared unenforceable, then they have an invalid security of which must be removed.

Can anyone help with (1) case law??

Rule of 78 only applies to the calculation of rebates if you pay off the loan early. Welcome work out actual interest in the way the BB described above. If you want to understand how this is done, have a look at my interest turorial which is linked from my signature.

I suspect that the interest is correctly stated on your laon, it's just you haven't understood it.

More to the point, did you have PPI on the loan or other insurance. We now know that Welcome pay themselves a massive commission on insurance on their loans which they dodn't tell you about. This is very very naughty indeed and renders the loan void. Without prejudice to it being void, the loan amount, charge for credit and APR are also then all wrong, which would render the loan agreement unenforceable if it wasn't void.

I'm not sure about mortgage indemnity fees - do they count as insurance? who underwrites them, that is the question.

With 'proper' insurance, like PPI for example, Welcome act as insurance broker. As such they are allowed to pay themselves a commission but only if they tell you and you agree to it. If they don't tell you, it means the commission is secret and case law views that as a type of fraud. Given then that the agreement is fraudulent, it is void. That is, the agreements is deemed not to exist.

I found this. Have a look.

With my agreement my problem is also this:

I signed for a total amount of credit - £25000

the duration was 121 months

the payment was xxx

the interest rate was 14.00%

Yet,

I had my annual statment:

total amount of credit £27,985 (inc. MIF and acceptance fee)

a minimum duration term of 121 months

payments remained the same.

interest rate was 13.20%

SURELY UNENFORCEABLE?????

If so, How could I put this to a Judge - Politely

Many thanks,

Welcome MIF letter page 01.jpg

Welcome MIF letter page 02.jpg

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks