02 problems....whats new!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

to cut a long story short...i got a contract phone out for 18 months with o2 for which my mum was to use... with about 4months left on the contract my mother and me have fallen out and she is now refusing to pay the contract so as i could no longer pay it off monthly i decided to cancel the contract and pay the remaining months line rental charges off by borrowing.

so i phoned o2 and asked for an outgoing bar on the phne so as my mother couldnt run up anymore call charges, and then i asked for the contract to be cancelled which i was told was all sorted and i would recieve a final bill in about a months time!

a month and a half later (yday) i recieved a 'reminder' letter that i owe them march's line rental and if i dont pay my contract will be cancelled!

clearly i already cancelled my contract. what i want to know is that will this reminder letter cause me any credit trouble in the future? and also for the fact that o2 have clearly not cancelled my contract when requested am i still liable to pay the reamining months' line rental?

i'm fuming with o2 as this is about the 4th serious problem iv encountered with them since iv been taking contracts with them.

any help would be great thanks!

How did you 'cancel' the contract? YOu would need to email or write in order to do this. A phone call only can often be overlooked and not have any relevance if the company states you have not given notice.

Did the outgoing call bar you requested at the same time actually get applied? If so, you could argue with them that as you asked for both to be undertaken at the same time they should have processed your request, but in case of dispute, writing is the only way to avoid all doubt.