Used Car Problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my tale - My girlfriend purchased a used Daewoo Matiz from a private seller on Saturday 17th April 2010, he told us that the car was given to him for some IT work that he had carried out at a local garage ( Who were unable to pay him the full amount!! ) He saw my girlfriends 'Car wanted' advert & telephoned, we travelled there, he took her for a drive around, she was happy & handed over her money, anywho yesterday she found a small ( Saucer sized ) spot of oil on the road below the engine & booked the car into our local garage to get their verdict. The car went in today & they found that the sump has a small hole in it where it has rusted through but, they also found that the Catalytic converter has recently been 'bandaged' up & will require a new one, total estimated cost of between £300-£500. The question is do i have any grounds to get in contact with the seller & either return the car or get him to pay for the repairs? or do we not really have a leg to stand on, your thoughts please.

Debt Free Since 1st September 2009:D

Target Savings For 2010 = £1000:)

Savings So Far = £700:lol:

Sorry about the late reply mangle. Unfortunately not in this case. Basically you only have comeback on a private seller is the car is dangerous or grossly misdescribed.

Check with a breakers yard for a cat.