Bank of Scotland Irleand Summons Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I received an Irish Draft Civil Summons from a firm of solicitors in Ireland on behalf of Bank of Scotland Ireland (who had been retailing as Halifax Ireland & before that as Barclaycard in Ireland).

I'd sent a CCA request to the DCA they'd previously engaged last year and all went quiet.

What is my position with regard to this firm of solicitors - they did reach me by phone (which I don't know how they got my number a few days ago following up on their initial letter - & once I realised who they were didn't continue the conversation). Since that call this draft civil summons has arrived on Harp headed paper for the district court saying that if I don't pay they'll proceed & if I don't show a judgement will be made against me & costs as well.

They mention a judgement mortgage against my home here in the UK (which is in negative equity anyway)....

I'm very worried - I don't have the money to pay them due to a drastic change in my circumstances. Can I end up with a judgement against me in the Ireland or the UK?

How should I approach this - they've given me 7 days to reply which is up today (I only received the letter yesterday 21st). Should I CCA them too (they seem to be more advanced in their recovery proceedings than the DCA or do I simply write to them telling them that I cannot possibly pay / would that undo the CCA dispute I'd put in place?

Any help would be much appreciated. Very stressed :-(

Skeeks

Hello

I received an Irish Draft Civil Summons from a firm of solicitors in Ireland on behalf of Bank of Scotland Ireland (who had been retailing as Halifax Ireland & before that as Barclaycard in Ireland).

I'd sent a CCA request to the DCA they'd previously engaged last year and all went quiet.

What is my position with regard to this firm of solicitors - they did reach me by phone (which I don't know how they got my number a few days ago following up on their initial letter - & once I realised who they were didn't continue the conversation). Since that call this draft civil summons has arrived on Harp headed paper for the district court saying that if I don't pay they'll proceed & if I don't show a judgement will be made against me & costs as well.

They mention a judgement mortgage against my home which is here in the UK (which is in negative equity anyway)....

I'm very worried - I don't have the money to pay them due to a drastic change in my circumstances. Can I end up with a judgement against me in the Ireland or the UK?

How should I approach this - they've given me 7 days to reply which is up today (I only received the letter yesterday 21st). Should I CCA them too (they seem to be more advanced in their recovery proceedings than the DCA or do I simply write to them telling them that I cannot possibly pay / would that undo the CCA dispute I'd put in place?

Any help would be much appreciated. Very stressed :(

Skeeks

Hi

I hope that wasn't breaking any forum rules... just wasn't sure that I'd posted the original thread in the most expedient place on the forum.

Good to know you're looking at both though ;) Let you know how I get on for any others in a similar position.

:)

S

I hope that wasn't breaking any forum rules... just wasn't sure that I'd posted the original thread in the most expedient place on the forum.
It's easier to keep to one thread & then people don't have to repeat themselves + they can see what advice etc has already been given.