Aquila vs xxx Recovery Services Ltd - help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am sort of new to CAG, and would really like some advice please.

I had a debt with bank ZZZ, and they sold it onto xxx Recovery Services, and now xxx Recovery Services send me a letter stating that I need to pay up now (the total amount is under £1,000), or else they may commence legal action in county court/ Sheriff Court.

What is worring me a bit more is they are saying they can instruct a Debt Collector to visit my home and collect the debt personally, can they do this?

The money I owe was a small bank overdraft I didn't pay, and they defaulted me on it.

Can they really send someone round to the house to collect?

Or can only bailiffs do that?

Can I just slam the door shut in the face of the debt collector if they do come around knocking?

I really am confused about this and need some help.

What should I do next?

They have also been calling me every morning, but as soon as they identify themselves I just hang up.

Thanks for the help,

Aquila

Can they really send someone round to the house to collect? Or can only bailiffs do that? So can I just slam the door shut in the face of the debt collector if they do come around knocking? I really am confused about this and need some help.

you are correct. tell them to bugger off

they have no powers at all, well as much as the milkman....

how old is this debt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dont talk to them on the phone, they are just bullies. Do everything in writing.

Overdrafts are not covered by the CCA so there wont be an agreement.

You dont have to let anybody into your home even if they come knocking.

Most DCA's just say that as a threat to get you to agree to some sort of payment plan with them which will, in all probability, be in their favour i.e. get you to pay more than you can afford.

Look in the library/ template section and send them the telephone harrassment letter, that should stop the phone calls.

What I would do is to write to them and tell them you are willing to pay it off at an ammount per month you are comfortable with. Tell them you will set up a standing order, not a direct debit. They will more than likely turn down your offer and try to get more out of you, but stick to your guns.

Depending on your circumstances a court wont order you to pay more than you can afford, if it does go to court. Bailiffs will not be involved unless you get a ccj and you refuse to pay the judgement.

jed