Dodgy 'link'..........................

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/251309-very-urgent-help.html

Halifax took this cagger back to court to have the original decision overturned. cagger now has to repay the monies awarded in respect of charges to Halifax :confused:

It asks " click here to help CAG", but then refuses access (by order of the site team)

What the hell's the problem ?

LSP

LSP,

What 'click here to help CAG' are you talking about ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

This is where it takes me..............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=191&a=182

Is it not working for you ?

This is where it takes me..............

Is it not working for you ?

This is what I get on that link:

"luckysandpiper, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

LSP

ok, thanks, I'll get it checked.

yeah i got the same, and my original thought at the time was

"SHAME ON THEM THEY BANNED ME FROM THE SITE" "WHATTTTTT...... WHYYYYYY" lol

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

This is what I get on that link:

"luckysandpiper, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

LSP

Same with me :confused:

Try post #255 CitizenB

LSP

Same with me :confused:

And me!! LOL:confused:

Try the link again, alternatively, copy and paste it into your browser.. both the link below and the one in my signature work ok !

Cos this is what you should get...

XX

Please help us

You can help us and it won't cost you anything

Would you like to help us?

Our donations and book sales are very down.

You can help us a lot - and it won't cost you anything.

Install our toolbar and use our searchbox for all of your searches.

Whenever you use a sponsored link we will get a few pence.

It's as easy as that.

Compatible with Internet Explorer and with Firefox.

It will also help you to keep an eye on your CAG messages

xx

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Something was definitely wrong with that original link as I had the same messages as above when I originally tried it.

I have now downloaded the toolbar and will endeavour to use it regularly. When exactly does CAG get paid? Is it whenever the toolbar is used or when a link is clicked from the result of a search?

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

yep still doesnt work even if i copy the link location and paste it in my browesr i still get the access denied page.

Maybe it only works for you mod's meaning that for some reason the site is denying access to alot of us members.

Of your just working on banning the lot of us from one thread at time lol :p

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I can tell you what it is:

when admin put up the link, they were working from wherever they were at the time, which would be restricted access, and for some reason, that means the link is only accessible to people who have elevated permissions, ie admin, site team, webmaster (which is why CitB doesn't see what the problem is, lol). Hence us plebs only get the "you have no access" message. It's a bit like if a non-registered person tries to access the templates, they will get that message too. Or if an ex-team tried to access threads from restricted forums having kept the URL. I've never worked out of it's a glitch or an addtional security measure to avoid prying eyes, but it happens. It needs to be changed at upper permission level.

Once that's sorted out, maybe all our OT posts on the topic could be moved to a different thread so as not derail this thread further? ;-) :razz:

us plebs

Once that's sorted out, maybe all our OT posts on the topic could be moved to a different thread so as not derail this thread further? ;-) :razz:

:lol: Ok, moving ot posts to the Bear Garden :)

Try this link here:

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Hopefully that should do it (unless I have secret permissions no-one told me about, lol).

Cheers bookworm that one works a treat!

Sorry but after running the plug-ins etc, I still get this

Mightyacorn, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Lol the original link was to a page for us to download the plugin, thats all.

Read citizenB's post, including the part in the qoutation, and you'll see what i mean.

I can tell you what it is:

when admin put up the link, they were working from wherever they were at the time, which would be restricted access, and for some reason, that means the link is only accessible to people who have elevated permissions, ie admin, site team, webmaster (which is why CitB doesn't see what the problem is, lol). Hence us plebs only get the "you have no access" message. It's a bit like if a non-registered person tries to access the templates, they will get that message too. Or if an ex-team tried to access threads from restricted forums having kept the URL. I've never worked out of it's a glitch or an addtional security measure to avoid prying eyes, but it happens. It needs to be changed at upper permission level.

:oops: thanks Bookie, you have identified the problem correctly. I will change the link to the one you have provided and promise to be aware of this next time :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D