Sky Complaints

Jordan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am not a sky customer but I keep recieiving emails from them addressed to someone else all about their sky account. I've recieved emails about installation, direct debit where I've been given their information (very wrong) and their my sky id account information. Because I'm not a sky customer I cannot seem to find a way to contact them to tell them to stop and find the correct email address for their customer. There are no email addresses or phone numbers available for me to tell them as their help and support section of the website is useless to a non sky member. This is not good for the customer as I keep getting their information which in the wrong hands could've been abused. Anybody out their help if possible.

try these zepsis

I fired off emails to the following 'top dogs' at sky

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

I recall one of the emails bounced back, cant remember which one sorry so just try all 3.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I am not a sky customer but I keep recieiving emails from them addressed to someone else all about their sky account. I've recieved emails about installation, direct debit where I've been given their information (very wrong) and their my sky id account information. Because I'm not a sky customer I cannot seem to find a way to contact them to tell them to stop and find the correct email address for their customer. There are no email addresses or phone numbers available for me to tell them as their help and support section of the website is useless to a non sky member. This is not good for the customer as I keep getting their information which in the wrong hands could've been abused. Anybody out their help if possible.
[email protected]

Try this it goes to their ECO and mark it Personal and then explain first of all although you are not a customer you are receiving other peoples letters and phone calls meant for another customer. Tell them another person's emails are coming to you and that you are going to report them for breaches of the data protection act. Also report the matter to your phone company and to the mail: they can also take action. Tell them that you want to know how and why Sky have your details in the first place and why they are sending things for someone else to your address and demand that they delete these details within 7 days and that if they contact your phone number or email again: you will also report them for breaching the above act and intrusion of your privacy. They do not have the right to hold on file any details that you have not personally given them permission to hold. If they do not comply complain to OFCOM. This is your privacy and they have no right to get any of your date mixed up with another person and it is a worrying breach of someone else's security. There are people that you can report them to, but I do not have the full details. Get on the phone to OFCOM and ask how to report a breach of security from a telecommunications company; they will give you a complaint reference and point you into the next thing to do. But if you feel that you have been put out by this, and it is annoying you: you are actually entitled to compensation. Demand it!

Hope they stop. If you get letters: keep them, bundle them all up together, put them in a large envelope, put a large label on it, RETURN TO SENDER NO CONTRACT DO NOT SEND ANY MORE POST HERE AGAIN in large black letters. Also wrap all of the letters in a large piece of paper stating; I AM NOT A SKY CUSTOMER: STOP SENDING STUFF TO MY ADDRESS: DELETE MY DETAILS NOW OR I WILL REPORT YOU FOR A BREACH OF MY PRIVACY AND ABUSE OF THE DATA PROTECTION ACT.

I am sure that they will get the message.

Good luck.

Lyn-Marie

Thank you, I have been contacted and they are offering me a free H D box and no extra costs on my monthly bill. I may have to pay £15.00 to install it, but they can credit that back to me. Accessible Customer services have been contacted by a manager and told to sort it out next week and they are monitoring the account personally. Now all I need is my £105.00 missing payments found and I am laughing.

My telephone was cutoff by Sky. My Service Provider, Sky told me to contact BT. BT told me to contact myService Provider. Sky’s own regulatory body, Otelo suggested: “a BT networkupdate simply knocked out your service”. Eventually they wrote to me finding “evidence ofpoor customer service” and said Sky “should accept responsibility for the problems (I) subsequentlyexperienced when attempting to resolve this matter.” Theyrecommend a letter of apology and £75 compensation! Ofcom contradicted Otelo’s findings and made Sky wholly liable advising:“The information showed that after the line had stopped. Sky still hadthis.” I never did get my old number back. Please DON'T get tangled up with SKY!!! If you already have a contract with them. END IT!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just managed to cancel my Sky account in sub 18 minutes!!! The first 4 attempts I abandoned while testing the system but I thought I'd share the lessons I learned:

1. Don't select 'cancel account' (3>5 when I wrote this) from the phone menu. Select 'increase services' (3>3). Initially response (3>5) I was told there was a 20 minute wait; selecting (3>5) I got through IMMEDIATELY; then only had to endure a 4 minute wait while ibwas transferred.

2. Have your password ready. Mine was my mums maiden name but they did not offer me a rinderpest until I asked th and they were not going to offer a reminder until I asked.

3. They will be chummy and ask for your first name but ensure you ask for their reference number/ID. They will not give name but have to give some sort of unique identifier.

4. Be as polite and charming as you can be but drop OFCOM into the conversation.

5. Be patient and persistent as they try and sell you different (crap) services. Be strong! Just keep insisting that you want to cancel your subscription. What could have been a 2 min call took 13 minutes talk time but now I feel FANTASTIC!!! No matter howuch that call cost, at last my nightmare is OVER!!! (well, in a month's time anyway).

Good luck!

must admit getting very close to cancelling my sky package, pay £70 a month for my broadband, tv & phone last year to promote the ESPN package they swopped the final of the rugby prem to ESPN , now i already have to have all the sports packages to watch the rugby as they swap it around between the channels, i have to have all the soccer which i dont want just to get my sport, they could easily fit all thier rugby output on a quarter of a channel,now they've moved some of it to another channel instead of giving us a choice they bundle it up as though they're doing you a favour, looking as though the best bet is cancel all my package and go back to virgin who are offering ESPN as a lossleader to new subs

anyway got back off a months touring holiday in my motorhome last weekend to find amongst my post an offer of 3 months free ESPN no finish date on offer so i rang to accept thier offer, no can do offer is closed, nowhere on the offer does it have any date/limitation , logged on to thier webpage same offer there for new subscribers, but when I click on, payments start immeadiately , once theyv'e got your signature they dont give a s**t

• 3 months later...

Hey guys.

I am actually a cancellations (turnaround) agent with sky at one of their call centres. Now while I appreciate that there are always going to be customers with problems I think that you guys need to be carefull with advice that is given here as it could actually be detrimental to anyone with a problem if it's not right.

First of all NEVER just cancel the direct debit and assume this will solve the problem. Every month that you miss that payment your credit rating is most likely taking a beating.

If calling to cancel then you would be put through to an agent like myself. My job is to ascertain why you are cancelling and to see if there is an alternative/compromise available. If for example you can't afford it (or at least say you can't afford it) then naturally we look at the cost of your sky to see if we can cut you're package thereby saving money. In some instances our systems inform us that you are eligible for offers (discounts, service call fee waivers, discounted upgrades etc)

Please be patient on the call. These agents deal with hundreds of people all with the same problems and genuinely don't want to be having these seemingly obstructive conversations any more than you do. It's their job and in the retentions team they are targeted on "saves" i.e how many customers request to cancel but are successfully talked out of it. Before we can get to the good stuff like discounts or offers we have to profile your household, asking questions like What do you watch? Who all watches it? what's recorded? Sports teams, social watching etc. Go along with it when customers are clearly not interested and are looking for discounts or have unrealistic expectations then there is pretty much nothing we can do for you. The context of the call is always created by the customer and this ultimately decides what buttons get pressed and what options the system deems to be appropriate. Playing hard ball will get you cancelled at the back end of an 11 hour shift I might not be so patient with someone being rude to me and basically thinking we're all mugs. However if I get a call from a perfectly pleasant person who is doing the same I will find myself even steering conversations to the point where I can get you a good deal. For example,

Customer: My mate called to cancel and you gave him a discount so I'll have one too please.

Agent: No can do I'm afraid.

Customer: Well that's rubbish.

Agent: soz m8

The game changer here is whether or not I think the customer is a bit of a fool or just a jumped up "I KNOW MAH RIGHTS" customer. We'll assume he's a jolly nice fellow.

Agent: Since I can't offer you a discount are you happy to continue with sky?

Customer: yes. Customer: No

Agent: Goodbye Agent: Well let's see about that discount.

If you are calling to pretend to cancel in the hope of an offer/discount being made then fair enough. Fair play. However don't go through with it for the sake of your pride on the call. Sometimes the difference between one save in a month can make the difference between that advisor getting their bonus and thereby a decent wage. If you think the advisor was particularly annoying then I suppose you can do what you like

Complaints need to be sent in through the complaints channels. for example sky dot com/helpcentre/complaints-code here you have portal to submit any complaints required through the relevant selections. We have very limited scope to escalate things effectively. In the case of alleged mis-selling over a phone call then the only real recourse is to have the call listened to as all calls (inbound and outbound) are recorded. The only way to have this done is to explicitly ask for this to be done in the email or written complaint.

If you are in a 12 month contract you can't cancel. If you do we will charge you near enough the cost of continuing for your minimum term. Many products are contracted individually. For example you may be in contract for telephone or broadband but not for TV. You can cancel any services you are not in contract for with a minimum of 31 days notice and keep the services that you are in contract for. For example take off the TV and keep phone and broadband. Charges and procedures do apply to this and phone and broadband individual notice periods vary.

Advisors wont be difficult on purpose if they say they can't do it then they can't do it. Sky doesn't pay enough for us to actively annoy or defraud people so that sky can get a couple of quid.

I really don't know why I bothered writing all that but hopefully it'll help. I appreciate it's a very brief idea that doesn't cover an awful lot but it's some of the more common issues. Hit me with a PM if you have any more questions or just reply I might pop back.

• 5 months later...
Hey guys.

I am actually a cancellations (turnaround) agent with sky at one of their call centres. Now while I appreciate that there are always going to be customers with problems I think that you guys need to be carefull with advice that is given here as it could actually be detrimental to anyone with a problem if it's not right.

First of all NEVER just cancel the direct debit and assume this will solve the problem. Every month that you miss that payment your credit rating is most likely taking a beating.

If calling to cancel then you would be put through to an agent like myself. My job is to ascertain why you are cancelling and to see if there is an alternative/compromise available. If for example you can't afford it (or at least say you can't afford it) then naturally we look at the cost of your sky to see if we can cut you're package thereby saving money. In some instances our systems inform us that you are eligible for offers (discounts, service call fee waivers, discounted upgrades etc)

Please be patient on the call. These agents deal with hundreds of people all with the same problems and genuinely don't want to be having these seemingly obstructive conversations any more than you do. It's their job and in the retentions team they are targeted on "saves" i.e how many customers request to cancel but are successfully talked out of it. Before we can get to the good stuff like discounts or offers we have to profile your household, asking questions like What do you watch? Who all watches it? what's recorded? Sports teams, social watching etc. Go along with it when customers are clearly not interested and are looking for discounts or have unrealistic expectations then there is pretty much nothing we can do for you. The context of the call is always created by the customer and this ultimately decides what buttons get pressed and what options the system deems to be appropriate. Playing hard ball will get you cancelled at the back end of an 11 hour shift I might not be so patient with someone being rude to me and basically thinking we're all mugs. However if I get a call from a perfectly pleasant person who is doing the same I will find myself even steering conversations to the point where I can get you a good deal. For example,

Customer: My mate called to cancel and you gave him a discount so I'll have one too please.

Agent: No can do I'm afraid.

Customer: Well that's rubbish.

Agent: soz m8

The game changer here is whether or not I think the customer is a bit of a fool or just a jumped up "I KNOW MAH RIGHTS" customer. We'll assume he's a jolly nice fellow.

Agent: Since I can't offer you a discount are you happy to continue with sky?

Customer: yes. Customer: No

Agent: Goodbye Agent: Well let's see about that discount.

If you are calling to pretend to cancel in the hope of an offer/discount being made then fair enough. Fair play. However don't go through with it for the sake of your pride on the call. Sometimes the difference between one save in a month can make the difference between that advisor getting their bonus and thereby a decent wage. If you think the advisor was particularly annoying then I suppose you can do what you like

Complaints need to be sent in through the complaints channels. for example sky dot com/helpcentre/complaints-code here you have portal to submit any complaints required through the relevant selections. We have very limited scope to escalate things effectively. In the case of alleged mis-selling over a phone call then the only real recourse is to have the call listened to as all calls (inbound and outbound) are recorded. The only way to have this done is to explicitly ask for this to be done in the email or written complaint.

If you are in a 12 month contract you can't cancel. If you do we will charge you near enough the cost of continuing for your minimum term. Many products are contracted individually. For example you may be in contract for telephone or broadband but not for TV. You can cancel any services you are not in contract for with a minimum of 31 days notice and keep the services that you are in contract for. For example take off the TV and keep phone and broadband. Charges and procedures do apply to this and phone and broadband individual notice periods vary.

Advisors wont be difficult on purpose if they say they can't do it then they can't do it. Sky doesn't pay enough for us to actively annoy or defraud people so that sky can get a couple of quid.

I really don't know why I bothered writing all that but hopefully it'll help. I appreciate it's a very brief idea that doesn't cover an awful lot but it's some of the more common issues. Hit me with a PM if you have any more questions or just reply I might pop back.

I would just like to thank you Baldric for this lengthy reply. I am sure you are a reasonable person to deal with. As is the case with most jobs, there are people who let the side down and these are the ones that stick in your memory as a customer. It is the same in the job I am in.

But I do have to say that I have had lots of problems with Sky Customer Service personnel and I think that these problems arise when the customer has a problem that they can't sort out. I moved to a new address in 2007 and cancelled the Sky multi-room subscription in the house I was leaving. I cancelled it by phone, as is all that is required when cancelling an account. I moved to my new house and had Sky multi-room installed there after about a month or so. As this was pre-recession, I had more money coming in and out of the bank account and I failed to notice that Sky were still billing me for the house I no longer lived in.

I contacted Sky and informed the person who answered the phone what my problem was and they told me that they would cancel the account (for the second time) and they would have to talk to someone higher up to reimburse me. No one rang me back. After about 5 days I again rang Sky and informed the person who answered the details of the problem, who put me through to someone else that I had to go through the whole story again. I then was told that the old account STILL had not been cancelled.

I think I had to make about 12 calls to 12 different people, each time explaining why I was ringing. More than once the call centre person hung up on me. I was not in any way rude. I work with the public every day and I know what it is like to be abused. But I don't have the bonus of being able to simply hang up on the other person without any recourse. So back to my story, after another few phonecalls, eventually I was asked to send an email to a department outlining my situation. Can't remember the email address.

I received an email after about 3 weeks stating that they would not be giving me back my money which amounted to €1,500 (I am in the Republic of Ireland). They told me that it was my fault for not noticing on my bank statement that Sky were billing me twice a month. Surely, having cancelled this account over the phone, I do not need to check my statements to see if they have done as requested.

So then I asked that they listen back to the phonecall that I made on the date I moved address which would prove that I made the call. They refused to do this even though they state that all calls are recorded.

That was 2007! It is now 2012 and I have eventually got a court date here in Ireland, taking Sky to court for my money. It takes so long because their company registered office is outside our jurisdiction, ie the UK, and I could not just summons them to court like I would with an Irish company.

So my case is up in the District court on 20th July, 2012 and I can't wait! It has been a long time coming. I am sure that some of you will be interested in the outcome and I will keep you posted. I may win, I may lose, but either way, I feel it is important to take on these multi-national large companies because we have put up with too much for too long. Money is too hard to come by these days and we should not have to put up with a poor product or service.

Now while I appreciate that there are always going to be customers with problems I think that you guys need to be carefull with advice that is given here as it could actually be detrimental to anyone with a problem if it's not right. you might want to check that out cause sky don't report to the cra's

I would not recomment anyone to pm you as you cannot be verified who you are so please keep it on the open forum

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

I would just like to thank you Baldric for this lengthy reply. I am sure you are a reasonable person to deal with. As is the case with most jobs, there are people who let the side down and these are the ones that stick in your memory as a customer. It is the same in the job I am in.

But I do have to say that I have had lots of problems with Sky Customer Service personnel and I think that these problems arise when the customer has a problem that they can't sort out. I moved to a new address in 2007 and cancelled the Sky multi-room subscription in the house I was leaving. I cancelled it by phone, as is all that is required when cancelling an account. I moved to my new house and had Sky multi-room installed there after about a month or so. As this was pre-recession, I had more money coming in and out of the bank account and I failed to notice that Sky were still billing me for the house I no longer lived in.

I contacted Sky and informed the person who answered the phone what my problem was and they told me that they would cancel the account (for the second time) and they would have to talk to someone higher up to reimburse me. No one rang me back. After about 5 days I again rang Sky and informed the person who answered the details of the problem, who put me through to someone else that I had to go through the whole story again. I then was told that the old account STILL had not been cancelled.

I think I had to make about 12 calls to 12 different people, each time explaining why I was ringing. More than once the call centre person hung up on me. I was not in any way rude. I work with the public every day and I know what it is like to be abused. But I don't have the bonus of being able to simply hang up on the other person without any recourse. So back to my story, after another few phonecalls, eventually I was asked to send an email to a department outlining my situation. Can't remember the email address.

I received an email after about 3 weeks stating that they would not be giving me back my money which amounted to €1,500 (I am in the Republic of Ireland). They told me that it was my fault for not noticing on my bank statement that Sky were billing me twice a month. Surely, having cancelled this account over the phone, I do not need to check my statements to see if they have done as requested.

So then I asked that they listen back to the phonecall that I made on the date I moved address which would prove that I made the call. They refused to do this even though they state that all calls are recorded.

That was 2007! It is now 2012 and I have eventually got a court date here in Ireland, taking Sky to court for my money. It takes so long because their company registered office is outside our jurisdiction, ie the UK, and I could not just summons them to court like I would with an Irish company.

So my case is up in the District court on 20th July, 2012 and I can't wait! It has been a long time coming. I am sure that some of you will be interested in the outcome and I will keep you posted. I may win, I may lose, but either way, I feel it is important to take on these multi-national large companies because we have put up with too much for too long. Money is too hard to come by these days and we should not have to put up with a poor product or service.

Your post is confusing as you could only be billed twice if you have two accounts so i am assuming that you moved home and started a new account at the new address which means unless you fully cancelled the old account in whole then they would bill you twice.

Hi,

I am sorry if my post is confusing. I have told this story so many times that I think at this stage I try to take shortcuts and perhaps left some holes.

I had multi-room at one address which I moved from in October, 2007 and cancelled this service by telephone. Then I moved to new house and took up multi-room there as a new customer so had a new account number. I only noticed in March 2009 that Sky were still billing me for multi-room for the old address where I no longer lived as well as multi-room for the new address where I now lived. One direct debit was coming out of my bank at the start of the month and the other one was coming out in the middle of the month. If it was the present day, money is so short, they would be hard pressed to squeeze one direct debit out of my account, ha ha. But back then I had more money.

I did cancel the old addresses account but they dispute this. When I said I could prove it by listening back to the recordings for the day or in around the day I moved, they said that they could not do that. But they do state that all calls are recorded so this seems wrong. My advice to anyone cancelling their Sky service is to ring and cancel but also send it in in writing by registered post so there can be no dispute.

Not all calls are recorded - certainly you can request a transcript of the call and if there they will transcribe it - just that maybe the time is a factor now. And as its now via court it is possible to ask them for it . Please do keep us updated

• 3 weeks later...

I am wondering how many people are aware of sky tv holding onto your credit/ debit card details and even your bank account details even if you have left sky. This also applies to if your friends or relatives allow you to use their credit / Debit cards or bank accounts to make payments. My point in this is, say you don't have sky but you let a friend or relative use your payment cards etc to pay for sky and that person then runs up a debt with sky and never pays it, you then move into a property or ask for sky at your own property, sky has a team called DTH which never deals with public and will mark your file that they are conducting an investigation into you for many reasons and you can't get sky. Despite sky still takin upfront payments from you albeit you were never their customer but you allowed a friend or relative or relative to use your card or bank account for direct debits, and even if a customer or person asks for their payment details to be removed sky won't do this unless the bank instructs them to remove the details, sky won't take a customers or consumers word.

Sky are then using these details to stop genuine new customers from having sky tv. I happen to know of complaints being made to the information commissioners on this matter. This also makes me wary given sky's relation with the murdochs and what else are they spying on people with. Using the word investigation this in my opinion and experience can cause upset and alarm to people especially when this person has done nothing wrong, although sky claim to not conduct a credit search they compile profiles against people simpye because their payment details are on the system albeit the customer is no longer with sky but sky are holding onto these details. Eh Why?????

The DTH Team are based at Livingston and will put stupid messages on Sky's computer systems and NEVER speak with a customer not even by letter or email.

Send a complaint to Jeremy Darroc and to get some stuck up secretary in an office of 10 secretaries call you back and feed you with rubbish. Did you also know that some channels you pay for on sky are free on Freeview and BT VISION such as some music channels, Dave, CHALLENGE TV, and many others so why are sky charging when it's free on other platforms.

Edited by fdkdes

• 1 month later...

every thing is a joke with sky.

I have had so much rubbish from them and has taken me over a month to terminate my services

As they told me I was still in contract when my contract started in Feb 2010 this was an upgrade multi-room offer

But been refusing to terminate because my multi-room sub started Sept 2011 that's funny when all the cards for any subscription was activated with HD as it was just one fee for HD sub from then.

How could that of entered me in to a new subscription.

peee takers

Got that sorted i said i will shout and scream on public forums

Also had an issue when i had an intermittent fault from Feb 2010 and was fixed in the end Nov 2011 after various box changes say about 8 HD box swaps.

This was only fixed after the idiots come to fix my box and just told me its a card fault but on there meter shows it was a fault coming form the dish jokers. also left me a present.. Loads of wire strands on the floor of the bedroom we was sharing with our 20 month old daughter at the time. she found these because it got stuck in the bottom of her feet.

offered £25 credit as compensation jokers

there legal team said i have no case as my daughter was not taken to hospital because of this.

In the end was told i would get my money back for paying sky-protect. didn't happen free new router had to call and kick off took months to get

in the end was offered free line rental for 12months was told that go's when i terminate my broadband i was not told this when i was offered.

Also free multi-room for 12 months cancelled my HD down so i just had basic SUB they wanted to charged me for the multi-room

What a Liberty

This is why i decided to get rid of the lot. And been locked in a series of emails and calls every day for the past month.

No one will call you back like you get told

I agree with loads of people on this forum sky are all Muppet's

when I 1st had sky installed they pointed the dish at trees and that took 6 months to get moved also i was in contract then and was still given nothing back why have i put up with there crap so long I ask my self probably because I cant stand VM but thats where I am taking my custom

Just hope this makes sense to who ever reads it.

Typing in anger and and frustration dose not normally make much sense especially when your dyslectic - I had to look it up i am not that literate

• 6 months later...

Sky cancelled my account without notice. Sky told me on the phone that my account was being investigated. Sky then sent me a letter expressing regret that I had cancelled my account and offering me the chance to resubscribe without hassle. E-Mails sent-no reply. Detailed letter of complaint sent-no reply. I supplied my customer number /viewing card number. I have signed up to the online service and even have an @sky e-mail address.

I am starting to think that they do not want my custom or money.

Anyone else had this to deal with?

Can I ask for details of the cancellation under the Data Protection Act?

Cheers complainers and all power to you!

Hi MV,

Yes you can request a sar from them but surely they advised you why when you called?

• 2 years later...

There are several ways through which you can make your Sky complaints heard and all of them have merit in their own unique ways.

The most common method of making Sky complaints would be for you to call Sky’s customer care contact number

for the relevant service and then speak to their support staff.

This method usually yields quick results but its main flaw is that it will not provide you with written proof of your discussions,

in case you need to escalate your complaint.

Another method to get support from Sky would be to use the live chat facility available on their website.

On the Sky website is also available an online form that can be used to make Sky complaints.

This online form contains numerous fields for various types of information

and you must try to fill as much of it as you can for quick resolution of your complaint.

Finally, there is also the option to use conventional post to send your Sky complaints to the company.

This process while slow can turn out to be useful with contentious problems

because complicated complaints often need to be escalated before they are resolved

and proofs provided by this method are irrefutable.

You can calling directly call number 0844 800 3115.

thread is more than 2yrs old

in that time sky customer service has gone sounth badly

of three complaints put on their messaging service detailed about

all 3 were closed as soon as they were read

with nothing more than we can see no problems

must be to do with closing them down quickly to keep the resolutions database looking good on resolved complaints

none were resolved at all

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...