Link Financial......Yikes!!!

Shelbs!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Please help!!!

Guess what, I have not received anything from Link & need to submit a defence to day. Do you think I need to go with an embarassed as have received no info.

All help very very gratefully received

Hi all

Please help!!!

Guess what, I have not received anything from Link & need to submit a defence to day. Do you think I need to go with an embarassed as have received no info.

All help very very gratefully received

Have you prepared for this eventuality...do you have an embarrassed defence ready to submit?

Hi,

No not yet. a dear friend died very suddenly of cancer last week & I had to travel to see there for a few days for the funeral etc & then had work commitments.

I am not usually so unorganised. I could cobble something together but could do with some help.

Ok, first off you just need to have the dates to hand of anything you've done.

EG

SAR DATE Sent

CPR Requests DATE Sent

CCA Request etc etc.

Once you have these you can then state on your defence what you've tried to do to obtain the info in order to respond to the claim. Can you post these first and then we'll add a few bits here and there.

You'll be asking for permission to amend the defence once the claimant responds fully so for now it doesn't need to be hugely detailed, just needs to explain what you've done so far and why you cannot respond to their claim.

More important that you get something submitted or you'll risk judgement by default. Will await your posting...

In the INSERT County Court

Claim number INSERT NUMBER

Between

Link Financial Ltd - Claimant

and

INSERT YOUR NAME - Defendant

Defence

1. I INSERT NAME of INSERT FULL ADDRESS WITHOUT POST CODE am the defendant in this action and make the following statement as my defence to the claim made by Link Financial Ltd.

2. Except where otherwise mentioned in this defence, I neither admit nor deny any allegation made in the claimants Particulars of Claim and put the claimant to strict proof thereof.

3. I am embarrassed at pleading to the particulars as they fail to comply with civil procedure rules, in particular part 16 and practice direction 16, in particular paragraph 7.3 as the claimant has failed to supply a copy of the original document under CPR request which forms the basis of this claim.

4. The claimant has failed to set out how the figures which they claim are calculated nor do they set out the nature and scope of any charges contained within the figure claimed.

5. The claimant has failed to provide a true copy of any regulated agreement and any applicable Terms and Conditions. The defendant also requires copies of any varied Terms and Conditions in the event of any unilateral variation in such terms throughout the life of any agreement. The claimant should also declare without delay any intention to rely upon a reconstituted agreement.

In the event that a reconstitution is relied upon because the original application has been lost or deliberately destroyed and if the court, all other matters aside, accepts the submission that a photocopy of an application is admissable I would expect the claimant to produce the following as a responsible keeper of data with reference to the Civil Evidence Act 1995.

Documents in Court - Civil Evidence Act 1995

[e) if copies of any of the above documents are to be relied on in court rather than originals, a copy of the Notice of proposal to adduce hearsay evidence required under s2(1) of the Civil Evidence Act 1995 together with proof of the authenticity of the document(s) as required under s8(1)(b) of the Act, including but not limited to

(i) a copy of the procedure(s) used for copying, storing and retrieving documents.

(ii) a copy of the relevant log entry showing the time and date of the scan or copy, the name of the member of staff making the copy, the method used for copying, storage and retrieval and time and date of destruction of the original document(s).

(iii) copies of internal and external audit reports covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedures have been complied with.

(iv) copies of Quality Assurance accreditation certificates covering the entire period from the date of the copy to the present to demonstrate that the procedure(s) and audit process(es) comply with the appropriate quality standards.

6. The claimant has failed to also attach a copy of the Default Notice which they claim has been served under s87 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974. The claimant should also provide proof of postage given the importance of this legal document. I put the claimant to strict proof that any default notice sent to me was valid.

I note that to be valid, a default notice needs to be accurate in terms of both the scope and nature of breach and include an accurate figure required to remedy any such breach. The prescribed format for such document is laid down in Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) and Amendment regulations the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 (SI 2004/3237).

7. The claimant has failed to produce any applicable Termination Notice.

8. The claimant has failed to produce a comprehensive set of statements detailing the history of any debt. As such I have been prevented from auditing such statements and am in no position to comment on their accuracy or otherwise.

9. The claimant has failed to supply any Notice of Assignment, a copy of which the defendant would request in order to ascertain their legal standing along with proof of posting under Section 196 of the Law of Property Act 1925. The defendant would note that such a notice should have been issued by the original creditor and should accurately describe the assignment (W F Harrison & Co Ltd v Burke & another [1956] 2 ALL ER 169).

10. The claimant has failed to supply a copy of the true Deed of Assignment or to make any effort to allow inspection of the same. Consequently, I require the claimant produces the Deed of Assignment to show that it is indeed valid and compliant with the Law of Property Act 1925 and further more I require the claimant disclose proof of posting per s196 LoP Act 1925.

It is further averred that I am entitled, in any event, to view the Deed of Assignment as a matter of law (Van Lynn Developments v Pelias Construction Co Ltd 1968 [3] All ER 824). The claimant should therefore make immediate preperations to disclose this document and make it available for inspection.

11. Consequently due to the claimants failure to supply the documents required under the civil procedure rules and the fact that the claimant has failed to sufficiently particularize the claim I deny all allegations in the particulars of claim that I am indebted to the claimant in any way and put the claimant to strict proof thereof.

12. I respectfully ask the court to use its case management powers to order the claimant to disclose all of the information requested within this defence document as it is vital to allow me the opportunity to defend this action properly and would be unjust and totally unfair to allow this action to continue without allowing me the opportunity to view the documents which form the basis of this claim.

I am happy to travel to a reasonable location given by the claimant in order to examine such documentation at my own cost. It is anticipated that the defendant will then have an opportunity to determine the credibility and right of this action and to plead accordingly.

13. Alternatively, I respectfully request a stay in proceedings with a deadline for their production. I will then be in a position to file a fully particularised defence and counterclaim and will seek the courts permission to amend my statement of case accordingly.

14. In the meantime I further ask the court to consider striking out the claimants’ case as it fails to comply with part 16 and practice direction 16 insofar that very little documentation in support of the claim has been supplied and fails to show any consideration to the overriding objective to allow the court to deal with this case justly. Clearly the defendant is having his right to defend needlessly prejudiced.

15. In addition, if the claimant cannot produce an original credit agreement in the prescribed form signed in the prescribed manner by debtor and creditor, the court is precluded from making an enforcement order under s127 (3) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and it is requested that the court use its powers under section 142 Consumer Credit Act 1974 to declare the agreement unenforceable and strike out the claimants case accordingly.

16. In addition it is drawn to the courts attention that schedule 3, s11 of the Consumer Credit Act 2006 prevents s15 repealing s127 (3) of the 1974 Act for agreements made before s15 came into effect since the agreement is alleged to have commenced under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which is the relevant act in this case.

17. The defendant will consider any counter claim and provide details of this with permission from the court in my amended and fully particularised defence once the claimant has produced the currently missing documentation they intend to rely upon.

18. For purposes of total clarity the defendant is embarrassed.

Statement of Truth

I, INSERT NAME, believe the above statement to be true and factual.

Signed

Date – 12th May, 2010.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, the above will do you. You need to read through and amend the INSERT bits accordingly. Run a spell check too, haven't had time. Insert the extra info you have and state what you've done to date in order to try and get the info you need. Put this up at the start, (you will need to change the numbering to account for this).

This will explain to the court that you've:

1) Attempted to examine the claim against you and have used the 'tools' available for you to use such as the CPR, CCA,SAR etc.

2) That the claimant has not bothered to elaborate their claim against you resulting in you being unable to plead accurately.

3) That you now need the court to get involved - hopefully the court will now order the claimant to provide you with all that you've asked for. You cannot enter any kind of real response until the claimant has provided you with the documentation you need.

In the mean time read up where you can - the more you know the better ok? If you can tip my scales (if you haven't already ;)) that would be great, I'm really close to getting another green blob and I like green blobs :D.

Remember also that your court office is likely to close at 16:00 so don't get caught out and get there too late!!!

All the best.

• Haha 1

Wow emandcole...that is something else.

Is there something I could add to let the court know that they have not even given an agreement number or the original creditor from whom they bought the debt, on the claim form.

Or is that not necesary at this stage?

Thank you so much

Wow emandcole...that is something else.

Is there something I could add to let the court know that they have not even given an agreement number or the original creditor from whom they bought the debt, on the claim form.

Or is that not necesary at this stage?

Thank you so much

Given the fact they've not provided anything (I believe) this doesn't make any significant difference. This would also be resolved with the production of the documents you've requested, which the court should now demand the claimant provides so I wouldn't bother for now.

As for the online submittal great, would consider posting a paper copy as a secondary as well which doesn't need to be done today unless you're passing a post office. Online is just fine, I just like to be thorough that's all ;).

Hi emandcole,

Got a bit of a problem, for online submission, it must not exceed 120 lines & no matter what I do it is at least 50 over. Any ideas?

Great, typical court system eh?

Perhaps cut out the details relating to the Civil Evidence Act, the Documents In Court bit.

Also, get rid of 14, 15 and 16 as needed. The court won't throw the claim out as Link appear to have some kind of hold over the courts.

Despite being told by a judge in the past that they (the judges in general) have grown sick and tired of Link starting claim after claim, frequently without documentation and rarely without good cause from the outset, the court appears reluctant to actually throw these claims out as a warning to Link and others that their paperwork should be in order from the off.

So, remove those bits. That should be enough I think?

Hi DonkeyB,

Flaminscoty this is a standard ploy that link send out to make sure that they get their interim charging order

by automatic default and they re-lie on this I know because that is exactly what they did to me

and lied to the CAB as well and we can prove it

I made a complaint to the OFT and guess what sweet fanny Adam's happened

thats what this comes up time and again on this subject

LINK MUST BE STOPPED AND NOW!

I am in the process of writing to my MP!

CAB had the opportunity to bring a major complaint against LF to OFT

handed to them on a platter and bottled it!!!

See

I am getting some first class help with the fatherless ones called LINK FINANCIAL.

we need to all get together and produce as many of these letters from link requesting

sending your defense to them instead of the court that issued it as possible

and the give link both barrels up the rear end where the sun don't shine!

My thought for the day

"alone we are but a grain of sand but together when can hold back the oceans!!!!"

Flaminscoty....

emandcole,

YES YES AND yes again link did it to me when they did their bulk mail shot months ago

and I made a formal complaint to OFT and heard nothing.

They lied to me and they lied to the CAB to get their interim order by default

they really do think that they are above the law of the land.

I am sure with a little bit of people power we can see an end to these parasites once and for all.

I refer to the art of "being very helpfully and we will look after your defense until after the hearing for you !"

ha ha ha haaaaaaar!

Flaminscoty

PS my sol'r at the Legal action group is looking for exactly this kind of evidence against LF.

the bigger they are the harder the fall when they hit the ground!

See

Flamenco xxxxxxxx.

PS my sol'r at the Legal action group is looking for exactly this kind of evidence against LF.

I have the letter from TS here if that's any help? Quite simply this would prove that Link have been at this before and have already been subject to OFT intervention. It appears Link have ignored both TS and the OFT and clearly need to be exposed for the cheating bathtubs they are.

Hi all on the thread,

Flaminscoty here, phoned Halifax yesterday to see if they had heard anything from Link Financial....

I could not believe what I was hearing there is now a charging order against my house courtesy of LF!!!!!

OK so how can this be as the final charging order is listed in June Colchester County Cort????????

I Have now lodged a formal complaint with FOS on Monday I will be talking to my local trading standards office and my local MP.

I have asked site team to start a thread for me "the end of Link""(don't know how to start my own thread)

as there is no way this can be legal.

A charging order in place before the final hearing no fnnnn chance!

Flaminscoty..

flaminscoty,

It is an interim charging order on your property, not the final charging order. That is something you do battle with when you have your hearing in June.

You should certainly have received a copy of the application notice from the Claimants and also a letter from the Land Registry showing the office copies with the interim charging order on it.

HH