style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Away working last week and Credit Security sent my wife a letter threatening a doorstep visit and/or court proceedings. Calmer now but still really scared of a doorstep visit,especially when I'm not around.

They are only after her as I CCA'd them a month or so ago. She declared bankruptcy in 2005 so should she just ignore them or is it worth her sending a CCA and then expect the same from another DCA in a few months time?

Does anyone know how it works as we want to put an end to any correspondence related to her. Hope someone can help us on this. Thanks

We took out a loan together and her part of the debt was included in her bankruptcy.I agreed to take it on and paid Debt Managers monthly for four years till I found this forum. Since then it has gone to Call Serve, Westcot and now Credit Security. Up until recently Westcot were calling me on a daily basis,asking for her.They suddenly stopped,and then the letter from Credit Security.Sorry to be so vague earlier...

It would be worth sending the CCA to see if it's enforceable. Also was there any PPI on it?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hang on just a moment, If your wife has gone B/R then the debt would have been covered by her B/R and the whole amount remaining fallen to you.

To answer two in one,yes there was PPI (though I have no idea of the amount) and yes,the whole debt has fallen to me.I guess that since I have already CCA'd them and they are now off my back ,then they thought it would be a good idea to scare my wife.

As I said earlier,it's the thought of someone coming to the door when I'm not around that makes her so nervous.Does she really need to CCA if she is no longer liable ? What would be the next step ? Thanks for your answers so far....

Guest Cartaphilus

Just some general advice (which is mostly always on here anyway) about someone coming to your door whilst you aren't there:

Bailiffs and debt collectors : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

I am a little unsure surrounding the BR 2005 as under those conditions, I can't understand why they are still addressing correspondence to your wife anyway? Also, they should not be now scaring your wife as she no longer has any connections to this debt? The BR isn't dispensed with eg is it 6 years before dispensation and free from the BR?

Hang on just a moment, If your wife has gone B/R then the debt would have been covered by her B/R and the whole amount remaining fallen to you.

Would the OR be of any use in this instance?

It all sounds very confusing to me, to give any kind of direct reply to anything anyway.

Yes, I am confused as to the next step .I will copy out the 'doorstep' template so she can use it if need be but she really wants to put something in writing that will make them foxtrot...

Seems like the OR is the best bet...am I right ?

I have to go away again for a few days soon and am hoping that there will be no episodes.