The Maverick vs Egg/Collect Direct

the_maverick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Middle of last year I got into financial trouble and was hit with lots of charges on my Egg credit card (balance £3k). I sent a CCA request and got the usual egg online agreement which seems to be ok, except for the amount of credit which I understand is being debated right now by other members on its legality.

Anyway. A couple of months ago I received a message on my experian report saying that this account as been adjusted to zero. Yippee I thought...but was somewhat surprised. Just checked again though and the account is still there showing the £3k debt. But the overall total I owe has reduced by 3k. Little confused to what this means?

But I have now received a letter from Collect Direct (UK) who are offering a "substancial discount" to clear this debt. Not contacted them yet as I am very dubious and think this is just a ploy to get me to contact them.

Or have Egg written off or sold the debt and are just happy to get whatever they can?

Would be grateful for any help in what to do next.:confused: