A&L Join us and we give you £100 promo *now not paying me*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd be interested to know if anyone has had a similar issue with A&L.....

I recently changed my bank from the Halifax to A&L when they were offering a £100 incentive when you switched to them.

Today I have received a letter from them 3 months after opening my account to say they will not be paying me the £100 as I didn't meet all their requirements:

Unfortunately, as you have not switched all your direct debits using our switching service within 11 weeks of opening your account, you are not eligable for the £100 payment.

Essentially I switched all my live DD's from my old account and any new agreements I have which entail a DD I have set up manually.

Are they simply "assuming" these new DD's are old ones which weren't switched???

Any advice on which direction I should take? I really do think this is an absolute cop out!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

Basically you've been done, I am sure you are not the only one, you could start an attack by sending a written demand for an explanation, why not then send a complaint to the FOS