Rent arrears

roadkill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i changed from Jobseekers allowance to Sickness benefit for a 3 month period of illness. I was given the forms but they never gave me the form for housing benefit. And never informed that i had to reclaim housing benefit now i am over 600 pounds in rent arrears. I have yet to contact the DWP about this. I am at a loss as to what to do. My question is if the DWP knew i was claiming housing benefit and never informed that changing benefits would effect this claim for housing benefit. Is there anyway to get it back dated as the DWP knew i had to claim housing benefit yet never even mentioned it. And has left me in the position that i may be evicted and put on the street. Because i never filled in a housing benefit form

You always need to inform HB of any changes to your circumstances. You should make a new application for HB and enclose a letter asking for backdating from when it was stopped and your reasons why you did not tell them. But I wouldn't bet on it being accepted as ignorance of what you needed to do is not usually accepted as a good cause. Is there anyway you could play on the fact that you were ill?