provident/c k edrupt & co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I need some advice please. I had a loan with provident that fell into arrears, partly my fault and partly the fault of the agent who stopped calling. Anyway, I currently owe £115, which has been passed to c k edrupt for collection. They have sent me a letter stating their client is prepared to accept a reduced payment of £85. If I dont respond the matter wil be referred on and no further letters will be sent. My question is, are they likely to go for a CCJ for such a small amount??

It's possible - people have gone for CCJ's for less. Have you checked your agreement to see if it is enforceable? You can post it on here minus your personal details if you need advice on enforceability.

Hi lubobab

I have had dealing with provident over an account my daughter had, the amount well exceeded what you owe offered to pay £1 amonth which they accepted, and they sent me apayment swipe card to pay it with. Try it they can either accept or decline. Only cost a stamp.:D

• 9 months later...

Tell ck edrupt that you are gratefull for their offer but at the moment you cannot afford to take them up on it,then offer them £1 pm,and send the first £1 with the letter as a show of faith.OR you could tell them to get stuffed because of the extortionate interest rates of up to 1060% (£200 settled over 14 weeks) and to take you to court,its extremely unlikely that they will take you to court ,because the amount does not warrant it.The question is..if you owe £115,why would they accept £85....reason....they do not want to go to court because the judge will take one look at the interest rate and blow them out of the water.