VW Corrosion Warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cag is about keep things on thread

not taking things elsewhere.

please as advise in post 53

don't post private details without permission.

dx

My apologies. I have only just seen both your reply and the one above and have inadvertantly added to the post. If I have contreviened any rules, then please feel free to remove the post.

My aim is not to hijack the thread, but as you say, its just a genuine offer to help others.

Once more sorry

kind regards

Stu

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you pm me the link then il post it up gladly

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a lot of Argy Bargy with VW, they finally relented and honoured their warranty. GREAT RESULT !!

Car goes into VW Sinclair Swansea Body Shop to be repaired. Three doors and a tailgate to be precise. Whilst it’s there, they notice corrosion on both front wings so decide to repair this for me also. Another GREAT RESULT.

Unfortunately, they never replaced the tailgate number plates as per the TPi, because they say that VW TPi's are "Open To Interpretation". However now that I raised the issue, they would add them to the claim and if its paid, they will order them and replace.

2nd Unfortunately, the front wings have indentation/divot like marks in them all across the wing.

Sinclair Swansea rang me to advice the claim for the tailgate lights was processed successfully and that they are on order. After looking at the images of the defects in both front wings, he concluded these are stone chips that they sprayed over. As I pretty much know every surface of the car, because I am anal like that, I know where almost every stone chip is FACT. And I know there were NONE on either wings.

I don’t know if these images will show just a small sample of the marks.

Links to the images

i.imgur.com/Smr3qXg.jpg

i.imgur.com/YDzQsgg.jpg

Well, my wife took the vehicle to a local reputable body shop just for a second opinion from a "Qualified eye". Two of them looked it over and basically said it’s just a poor quality job. May I add that they are nowhere near Sinclair and not in competition with them, so the advice is totally unbiased.

I am waiting for Sinclair to get back to me to discuss collecting the car to have the lights fitted and further inspect the quality of their work.

I am hoping it just gets resolved as I really want to just put this whole sorry episode behind me.

• 1 month later...

For those of you struggling and contemplating pursuing their claim through the small claims court, please be aware, if you are sending a "Data Access Request" to VW in order to collate evidence for your claim, VW are playing stalling tactics and being highly obstinate in dealing with other recent claims. [removed]

It’s still remains a mystery why some simply have their vehicles covered, even when their service book is full of Main Dealer stamps.

There appears to be two routes.

1.They do it without fuss.

2.The customer is sent down the damage limitations route where you will be stalled every step of the way, hurdles put up in front of you and whereby every step forward is a fight.

Edited by dx100uk
last warning before you are banned, dx

Hi everyone,

I need some help and advice..

I bought a VW Golf mk5 earlier this year. The car is HPI clear. Just like most mk5's (2005 plate) rust bubbles are starting to form on my front right wing. I took the car to a local VW dealer in loughton. Essex. During the visit they inspected the paint by placing a device on different parts of the car body and got to the conclusion that the wing has been repainted and as a result the warranty is void.

Is that correct? Or is the dealer just saying it to wash his hands off.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi there

what they have done is to take paint depth measurements on the cars bodywork. If the measurements show the paint is still in factory spec, then it should be covered. However, in your case, if the paint depth measurements are out of tolerance, it shows the vehicle has had work done at some point in its life. If the work was never carried out in an approved VW body shop, I believe they are correct in what they are telling you unfortunately. If it were done in a VW body shop, then the wing would be covered.

I am guessing you are talking about corrosion forming on the lip of the wheel arch caused by the wing liner rubbing. If so, this is an all too common issue and VW are fully aware of it. Like nearly all the other common areas that our cars corrode on, these are caused by manufacturing defects. VW and the industry are fully aware of them.

You could try another dealer to see if they come back with the same results. Or ask if they can search on the VW system to see if it went into one of their shops for the wing repairs.

Kind regards

Stu

max_gain thank you for your reply.

They have used some sort of a gauge to measure the depth. The reading on the gauge was at its lowest on the roof, like less than 110. The reading was highest on the drivers door, about 1000. On the wing it was just over 500.

Do you know how I can find out if the paint is still in factory spec?

Yes I am referring to the corrosion on the lip of the wheel arch.

If its a manufacturing defect then could I not take them to small claims court and get a decision in my favor?

Also, how can I find out if the car has had a crash before it came out of the VW plant?

I am not entirely sure what the readings should be.

I can email a guy that may know and get back to you.

Although from memory when my Passat was assessed by the local dealer, 110 does sound somewhat familiar.

All the owners that have gone down the small claims route have succeeded.

However, I am pretty sure within the anti-corrosion warranty it does specify if the cars been repaired out of the dealer network

then its null and void, or something similar.

Is the corrosion on both wings ??

I just wonder what the measurement was on the other wing.

Here is the warranty definition.

I have taken it from another popular site.

Unfortunately I can’t just link it, due to my pending banning on this site if I do so.

It does mention Golfs at the bottom. I think the warranty was uniform across most models back them....

Here's what my brochures and service book have to say:

“Body Protection Warranty”

“The internal body sections and panels of the Scirocco are covered against rusting through from the inside for 12 years.

Naturally, the Scirocco must be cared for in compliance with the operating instructions.

Please consult your authorised Volkswagen retailer or repairer for full warranty details.”

Sources: The Scirocco Issue: 1 August 2011 PVW287NSF, and PVW248SCPL The Scirocco price list effective 3 January 2012

Replace “Scirocco” with “Passat Estates” in above statement

Sources: The Passat Estate Issue: 1 August 2008 PVW205NPE, and PVW206NPP The Passat Estate price list effective from 28 May 2007, and 1.7.2008

The Passat Estate Issue: 1 August 2007 PVW205NPE, and Issue: 1 June 2006

Replace “Passat Estates” with “new Passat Estates” in above statement

Source: The new Passat Estate Issue 1 November 2005 PVW205NPE

“Paintwork and body warranty

Volkswagen dealers provide a warranty on the paintwork and bodies of all vehicles purchased from them.

In addition to the warranty conditions for brand new Volkswagen vehicles (as detailed in the purchase contract),

Volkswagen guarantees its vehicles will not be subject to paint faults and body through-rusting for a specified period:

· The additional warranty on paint faults covers the first 3 years following delivery

· Perforation rusting will not occur on the body during the first 12 years following delivery.

However should this type of damage occur, it will be repaired free of charge for parts and labour by any Volkswagen dealer in Europe.

Warranty claims will not be accepted in the following circumstances:

· if damage is caused by external influence or insufficient care, or

· faults on the body or paint are not repaired quickly enough according to manufacturer regulations or

· the original cause of through-rusting is due to body repairs not being carried out according to manufacturer regulations

If the body is repaired or painted, your Volkswagen dealer will confirm your warranty against through-rusting for the repaired section.”

Source: 1.1 Service Schedule Golf, Golf GTI, Golf Plus, Touran, Passat, Passat Estate, Eos The Volkswagen service page 15,

print status 09.2005 Art.-Nr.: 262.553.PNL.20 Englisch 11.2005

Not only are these statements part of a contract (to purchase) they're also an inducement to purchase as they're publically available advertising material.

Including the service schedule, I mean you don't buy a car without checking its service book first do you?

As such, a complaint could also be made to the Advertising Standards Authority, as well as Trading Standards. The advertising is misleading.

It amazes me how many vehicles you see advertised on eBay who’s owners omit any details on service history. I wouldn’t touch a motor whose history was questionable or missing personally. Service history at its least is a prime indicator how the things been maintained and outlines previous owners attitudes towards the vehicle whilst in their care.

It’s a real issue when it comes to bodywork because most insurance companies specify where your vehicle goes to be repaired in the event of an accident. You can almost guarantee it will not be a dealer shop so you buy a second-hand motor and are oblivious to the fact it’s been repaired in some way. Not unless its blatantly shoddy work. I don’t know if either AA or RAC carry out bodywork checks as part of any vehicle assessment.

max_gain thank you for your reply.

They have used some sort of a gauge to measure the depth. The reading on the gauge was at its lowest on the roof, like less than 110. The reading was highest on the drivers door, about 1000. On the wing it was just over 500.

Do you know how I can find out if the paint is still in factory spec?

Yes I am referring to the corrosion on the lip of the wheel arch.

If its a manufacturing defect then could I not take them to small claims court and get a decision in my favor?

Also, how can I find out if the car has had a crash before it came out of the VW plant?

Hi there, we believe the paint depth measurements to be between 80 - 120 microns

• 1 month later...

In light of the recent emissions scandal, VW appear to be on lock-down in the UK. A lot of the UK media have naturally focussed their attention on Volkswagens dealings with their cars and customers. This was brought to the attention by SKY NEWS who broadcast this news report at the bottom of the page I am not permitted to show.

VW are now “Silencing” customers who have fought to get their vehicles repaired under the VW 12 yr. anti-corrosion warranty.

Once the customer in question has managed to gain the offer they are happy with, VW stipulate they will only carry out the repair as long as they DONT contact either two websites I am not permitted to show or make it public on any website or forum.

VW literally threat to withdraw the offer in the event the customer goes public in ANY WAY !

It’s somewhat amusing the lengths VW go to in order to keep us all ignorant to the FACT that by questioning them, sending them Data Access requests in preparation to take them to the small claims court and sticking to your guns, you WILL get the result you are happy with.

Although no guarantee, I know the advice given on corroding-volkswagens is still shown to be a very effective method in encouraging VW to repair our cars. Also anyone who wishes advice is more than welcome to contact the website owner. As long as everyone is getting the offer they wish for, that’s all good and well and what the website is all about.

OMG and we thought we has problems with the banks not having any customer service. Not only has VW gone out of it's way to cover up over emissions, it is denying they are responsible for something they have put in black and white as being their problem should it occur.

Publish as often and as diversely as you possibly can, lets see if the world can be put on alert for this as well as the emissions fraud.

And please keep us updated.

Edited by Conniff

I will keep this going whilst VW are playing damage limitations with those of its customers who are just lawfully trying to get their cars repaired under the terms of VW’s 12 Yr. Anti-corrosion warranty.

Just for everyone’s information, the gentleman who runs the other VW consumer related website regarding rustingvolkswagens, and who has been pinnacle in helping me in the first instance, is also seeking action against the "Independent" bodywork assessment company called PVWI, who VW always insist any customer who wishes a report uses. VW are blatant that the only report they will look at or take notice of is that done by PVWI and they insist most strongly that you use them.

This is total rubbish as if you get to this point in your warranty claim, then you are seriously contemplating court action. We both recommend that to get a truly independent report done on your vehicle that you use a company called Scotia Vehicle Inspection. It’s been proven by the other campaigner I mentioned, that a report done by the PVWI, who VW insist you use, differed vastly and was contradictory in some cases to the truly independent report the gentleman had done by Scotia. I am not affiliated to Scotia in anyway, however I generally recommend anyone who has sought help from me to use them as not only are they truly independent, but their reports are "Court Approved".

We always advise anyone considering this route to ask VW upfront to contribute 50% of the cost for this inspection. They always refuse and state they will not recognise this report due to it not being done by their recommended assessor PVWI. This does not look favourably in a judges eyes if you ever reach the inside of a small claims court room

Edited by max_gain

Yes, that was exactly my first thought when VW announced they were now seeking to make massive savings. I also hope the “bean counters” don’t cut on quality. There’s only so many places they can make these savings and its either manpower, manufacturing processes and warranty claims.

I feel warranties will be scrutinised further and they will simply make you jump through more hoops ..

At present, the threat to take them to court and acquiring a full data access request from them under the terms of the Data Protection act to gather as much evidence for your pending court case, has been enough to twist their arms.

To date I am only aware of one gentleman who took VW to court. VW settled at the last minute, just before it went into be heard. VW replaced his 5 affected panels. It’s been off the back of all his hard work, due to him setting a precedence, that the rest of us have succeeded far easier in encouraging VW to repair our vehicles. VW know they can’t win a court case. Because all the inherent issues causing the corrosion are due to manufacturing defects. These vehicles have not been sold “Fit For Purpose”.

I am dealing with a couple of other guys who have taken the court stance, yet VW relented without the need for them to start a case. They have gone silent so it’s safe to believe they got the offers they were happy with without seeing the inside of a court room.

I find the ones who don’t persist, or can’t be bothered to fight it and accept having to pay 50% of the cost to repair their vehicles tend to be most vocal. Those who get the 100% offer go off the radar and I never hear from them anymore. It doesn’t matter one ounce to me, because it indicates they are winning every time.

I agree, the Yanks will sue for financial gain for any given reason.

I did see that VW have announced the fix will involve either software, or injectors and catalytic converts. But I really fail to see how they can make the vehicles perform under the same terms that they were initially sold. Just patching the software will not suffice, nor surely changing injectors and cats. If it were an issue with injectors and cats why didn’t they just put these "replacement" ones in the cars in the first place as any cost saving would be minimal compared to what they will now have to pay out.

I heard the likes of Norway and India were seeking damages also.

VW have said what the fix is, but don’t appear to have come about what the fix does.

The chief VW boss in the US has been up against congress and it’s been suggested VW pay back all affected customers the full purchase cost of their vehicles.

This could increase VW's original estimated costs of approx. £4.7bn by ten times.

VW have been accused of arrogance in the US. This accusation of "arrogance" is a true reflection on how the VW Group in the UK and Europe treats their customers. Anyone who has been through their warranty claims process in the UK or the rest of Europe and have been forced to play hard ball with them, will have certainly been exposed to their arrogant approach.

I see they blamed, or tried to, a couple of wayward engineers. Yea, of course it was, that's why the boss resigned so swiftly.

If they are going to do as suggested, that could be the end or very nearly. No doubt Merkel will give them a bob or two.

Wayward Engineers ??? Who were working as lone wolves maybe ??? I doubt it very much.

So are we to believe that all "high level" technical decisions are made around the coffee machine in Wolfsburg during fag breaks by the ground crew ..

It’s easy for Goliath to attempt to blame the little David in these affairs. Although it does pose the question if VW management structure are actually in control of their own company ??