Terminating Agreement with Welcome Car Finance?

miss_titch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a car on finance with Welcome Car in Nov 08, the car and all the insurances etc.. that they talked me into or said i had to have is costing me a total of £15,059,81, they see me coming. I have never missed my monthly payments of £307.48 since getting the car. I am losing my job at the end of the month and can no longer keep my car,:-( when i spoke to Welcome Car they told me that i had to pay £4043 liabiliaty payment if i was to terminate Agreement and return the car. On my Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 it states....

TERMINATION: YOUR RIGHTS

"You have a right to end this agreement. To do so, you should write to the person you make your payments to. They will then be entitled to the return of goods and to half the total amount payable under this agreemnet, that is £4,931.86. If you have already paid at least this amount plus any overdue instalments and have taken reasonable care of the goods, you will not have to pay any more"

So does this mean i still have to pay the £4043? I am hoping someone can help me and give me some advise on this matter Thank you :)

Hi there.

How long is the agreement for? Do you no how many payments you have made so far?

Welcome may try and tell you to return the vehicle and then have it sold with the proceeds deducted from the sale. Do not do this. You have the alternative right to return the vehicle and limit your liability to 50% of the amount financed (as per the termination: your rights section states)

this fact-sheet is really good:

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 16 How To Deal With Hire Purchase Debt

I got a car on finance with Welcome Car in Nov 08, the car and all the insurances etc.. that they talked me into or said i had to have is costing me a total of £15,059,81, they see me coming. I have never missed my monthly payments of £307.48 since getting the car. I am losing my job at the end of the month and can no longer keep my car,:-( when i spoke to Welcome Car they told me that i had to pay £4043 liabiliaty payment if i was to terminate Agreement and return the car. On my Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 it states....

TERMINATION: YOUR RIGHTS

"You have a right to end this agreement. To do so, you should write to the person you make your payments to. They will then be entitled to the return of goods and to half the total amount payable under this agreemnet, that is £4,931.86. If you have already paid at least this amount plus any overdue instalments and have taken reasonable care of the goods, you will not have to pay any more"

So does this mean i still have to pay the £4043? I am hoping someone can help me and give me some advise on this matter Thank you :)

i'd also look at reclaiming al the insurances theyhave fleeced you over with under mis-selling rules & also all the unlawful phone/letter & any other charges they have sneaked in also.

there is a very good welcome finance forum.

i'll get this thread moved there

it might well help your cause to read a few of the other threads too

you are not alone!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thread moved to Welcome Finance Forum

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT