Hsbc overdraft cancelled

georgesdragon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

It's abit of a long story but I will try and condense it down...

We had an overdraft with Hsbc for £2000 and in nov 2009 they cancelled it and requested the full amount to be paid back. I spoke to the call centre and advised them that we couldn't do that and would only be able to pay £50 a month.(I have been off work for 6 months due to ill health & I'm back on reduced hours)

We have been doing this since then but at the begining of April we received a letter that we had to contact them with regards to a repayment plan to suit them.

The letter stated we could call in to our local branch and speak to someone, which we did only to be told that they didn't deal with that sort of thing in branch and we would have to call the money management dept but to get all facts and figures together first and call at our leisure (Managers exact words).

we did this a few days later only to be told that we are too late and its been refered to a Debt collection agency!

What sort of thing are we too expect, My husband is in the Armed forces and works away, so I will be here to deal with it

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

sorry once again for a long post

:|

Hi georgesdragon , I seem to remember your name from before ...... welcome back . :)

First of all I wouldn't worry too mch , they're doing this with lots of people , trying to scare them into making foolish decisions . The DCA is probably Metropolitan (their in-house collection branch ) which is in the same building and uses all HSBCs facilities ... except their headed paper :rolleyes:.

They are the bully boys and will try to scare you with all sorts of threats of bailiffs and visits ........ hee ...hee bit difficult if you're in Cyprus !

My advice would be to keep paying what you can comfortably afford GD , no court is going to make you pay more than that ...

1. Write and tell them what you will continue to pay towards clearing the OD

2. Tell them that you will only deal with them in writing , in case of future court action (by you or them ) when you will need hard copy of all documents .......

3. Don't answer their security questions if they phone you ...... that way they can't hassle you , because they have to be sure it's you ..... :)

btw,,,, don't forget to keep copies of all correspondence and send letters 'Recorded Delivery'

Did they give any reason for foreclosing on the Overdraft ?... maybe that will give more ammo to hit them with .....

The main thing , as I said GD, is ..don't let it worry you .... that's what they thrive on ....hassle ! you can be sure they're not losing sleep because you haven't succumbed to their threats .... :rolleyes:

If you need more help , just come back and ask .... someone will answer ,and we're user -friendly on here...... :)

PS. I'm an ex -regular soldier myself , so I know what your pressures and priorities are -so don't be stuck ..... just ask ..... :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D