Wonga Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am in the process of obtaining legal advise. The thing is you acually have to get them to take you to court first, unless you challange the intrest yourself.

Im not to clued up on the legal side, however if you default the agreement is already over.

I currently have a dispute with these guys as they rolled over my loan without my permission. I had only expressed that I couldnt pay. As such this could be classed as an unfair relationship - they rolled-over the loan when I had informed them of problems. I was advised to send this email today, luckly I am fighting due to the principle, I have family who will provide me with legal advisors. I al willing to challange the agreement, but the unfortunate thing is there is no precident in unfair relationships, its down to individual circumstances. I have not posted their email to me, but it was one of there standard 'pay up or we will screw you over' emails.

Intrest: The intrest on a credit agreement cannot be classed as unfair in itself if they followed the rules on advertising it my legal advisor informed me.

TO: Wonga

Thank you for your email, the content of which has been noted.

I am currently in the process of receiving legal advise as I find it unfortunate that you have ignored my requests to discuss this matter by email

I am seeking legal advice due to the following, my legal advisor will be in touch in due course.

I think it is unfair to continue to add such high interest to a debt, which I was open to discuss on 25th January 2010, you will be aware of this due to an email sent from me on this date to you. I also think it is an unfair practice not to respond to my email sent on this date until 9th February 2010. I believe this put unduly oppressive to me as a borrower, as I had made you aware before the agreement to repay was over that I could not afford the amount in full. You also went on to extend my loan, and thank me for part payment in an email dated 16th February. This was done without my express wish to do so, I had only informed you of the fact that I couldnt make repayments and that I had wished to speak with you regarding this. You also thank me for my part payment - if possible please inform me of the ammount of this part payment. My advisor will be seeking evidence of this.

It is my view, that you as a lender have never taken into consideration the purpose of this loan. Unfortunately, in my view, I have been trapped in credit with you since my first loan was taken over a year ago. You willingly state that your loans are for the purpose of short term lending, however you have been more then willing to provide me with loans for over a year, in contradiction to the purpose of the loans you provide.

Also, I refer to an email sent from you 18th March 2009, in which you advised me to alter details on my application that had been refused. 'You can log into your Wonga account and correct your personal details and then reapply. ' This was sent even though I had not informed Wonga that the details I has entered had been incorrect. I believe this to be relevant as I have been trapped in debt with your company since this.

I think due to the circumstances, that the relationship we have had since my first loan had been unfair. This is email is not exhaustive of my concerns.

As such, my legal advisor will be in contact with you direct in due course.

I am sending this email, without prejudice and for the sole purpose of informing you that my position on the matter of the outstanding amount repayable will be clarified by my legal advisor.

Thank you again for your email.

Edited by Crashed767
information re intrest being unfair added

if i cancel my card with the bank saying ive lost it does that mean wonga cant take money out of my account when they try to as probably i will get a new security number on back of card and they have the old one

hi gerrard14

:mad: Sorry to say this, if it is the first time you have dealt with Wonga but they do not hide the high interest rate. But if it is a second time shame on you. Having said that if you do what you are proposing then you can be liable for late charge plus further interest charge on unpaid interest.

Iam sorry that this post might seem harsh and uncaring, somtimes tough love is needed

Edited by dragonkeeper
name insert

i dont want to not pay them but i know i wont have enough money in account when it comes to them trying to get balance out so thats why i was asking about the card just dont know how to go about it heard all sort of things about them on here dont know what to do HELP

Hi gerrard14

:) the reason behind such a strong post is as follows, on reading thread by a site team member about unusual posting possably collecting evidence to use against the forum.

Sorry i did not mean to aim post at yourself.

also thread could be read as conspiracy to commit fruad. just be careful how you word your questions.

now thats enough seemingly unfriendly banter from me

Edited by dragonkeeper
colour change i could not read prior colour

I bet you sent a photocopy of your card to Wonga, in which case they will have your bank details, see if you can get another bank account and have your salary paid into that to stop them emptying it.

I would also complain to the Advertising Standards people about their adverts, although they advertise their interest rate they do not state that they are very eager to get you to reloan with them, and paying credit for credit is against OFT Guidelines.

Report them to the Ministry of Justice as well as they are looking into this type of loan. The more evidence they have that this lot play silly idiots when you cant repay immediatey the better,

no i never sent a copy of my card and i dont get wages paid in there as i am self employed only put in account enough to cover bills when they are due so i know they wont be able to collect the balance when due

• 2 weeks later...

ive emailed these a few times to try and sort out a repayment plan but they keep telling me to ring them to sort it out should i ring them or write to them as they arnt been helpful through email

gerrard 14,

Under no circumstances ring them, companies who insist on you ringing them have only one interest in mind "THEIRS" :p

They will try to intimidate you into saying or doing actions which you will later regret, always make contact in writing only, sent by at least recorded signed for delivery and you then have a paper trail for your records and poss later for court.

I note you are not having much luck with the e-mail route but I have recently this week had (surprise surprise) :eek: immediate response and satisfactory replies from their [email protected] team. I sorted a problem for someone who had previously been intimidated by their aggressive tel manner.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

ive emailed these a few times to try and sort out a repayment plan but they keep telling me to ring them to sort it out should i ring them or write to them as they arnt been helpful through email

Below is a quote from my own thread PDUK & Credit Reports, and is an except from an email I sent them last week when trying to set up my own payment plan by email (successfully I might add).

Please feel free to plagiarise :-)

If you insist on refusing this offer, then I request that you take this

straight to county courtlink3.gif where I will defend myself at my local court, presenting this correspondence as evidence of your refusal of a fair offer.

The courts will also agree that my attempts to resolve this matter by email only are wholly acceptable.

got a letter from them asking me to rig them to sort out loan tried emailing them to sort out a repayment plan but still getting email saying to contact them as they want to work out my current financial situation does anyone know what i should do next as i see on here writing to them doesnt help either

gerrard14,

Have you read post #16? Ringing these people will be playing into their hands as you will have no paper trail to fall back on and they "WILL".

try to pressurise you into playing their games, unless you have a true call

or similar to record everything thats said.

Their e-mail address [email protected] is very proactive/reactive they might not like what you send but you have to persevere.

Remember you do not have to inform them of "your financial situation" and only offer them terms that you can "now" afford. Good Luck.

Edited by JGJ
Spell Check

gerrard14,

Rather strange tactic of them, if you want to know balance

etc. send e-mail to them requesting/demanding what you want to know

as you

cannot access your account details and you "obviously" need to know as

you wish to remit payments to them/make payment arrangement.

[email protected]

gerrard14,

Rather strange tactic of them, if you want to know balance

etc. send e-mail to them requesting/demanding what you want to know

as you

cannot access your account details and you "obviously" need to know as

you wish to remit payments to them/make payment arrangement.

[email protected]

Hi, been reading through this thread with interest. Firstly the password on Wonga gets changed automatically after so long as security feature and your new one should be email to you to access your account.

I have had loans with these before and although the interest is steep it's help me out a few times like it obviously did for you when you took it on.

My question is what happens after the final time you're able to roll over the loan?? On the site is says in my case that I can roll it over another 2 times? At what stage is yours Gerrard14?

Edited by HFwho?

Hi again Gerrard further to my last post, this might be of great help to you. If you call them and be honest about the the situation your in then they are able to set up a payment plan for the loan and interest which will then stop the interest you pay on it on a monthly basis. Obviously you want to pay it off so this will help. The more you're able to pay them each month the better.

After the repayment plan is set up, on your home page a new menu will appear under 'extend your loan' saying Repayment Plan - this is where all the scheduled repayments are set out for you to see.

Edited by HFwho?

• 1 month later...

got email from them saying broken repayment arrangement i never entered a repayment arrangement with them what are they playing at still dont get any answers to my offer of repaying loan just the latter ive emailed the main man hopefully will get a response from him