Charges Owed to Abbey/Lowell Portfolio

shazzyfizzle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am new to this site, i've read a few of the threads regarding the companies I am receiving letters from but i'm not sure if i've posted this in the right place, so I apologise if its in the wrong place, please feel free to move it for me.

Back in 2001/2002 I was at college and was presauded to take out a new bank account by one of the sales peoples from Abbey National Bank who were at college that day.

I opened two accounts some how, maybe one in 2001 and then one in 2002 by mistake.

I started to receive letters from Abbey regarding both the accounts being overdrawn about £150, and there was no agreed overdraft limit on either account as I was a college student at the time. At this time I was told that the debit card was used on both accounts which is why it has happened, thus being charged aswell.

I told the bank that I was not paying this as I never used either of the accounts. After this I went into the bank to speak to a manager and told them the problem too, he gave me some form to fill out to claim the charges back and get rid of the over draft that was there, but that never happened.

Now I am receiving letters from Lowell Portfolio I (The roman numerial) saying.

On this letter my name, my surname is also spelt wrong, as it was on one of the bank accounts that was made.

I've ignored the letters for awhile but they don't seem to be stopping anytime soon and i'm not sure what to do.

The current balance they are asking for is 156 for just one account, I will most likely get a letter for the other account aswell.

I would like some advice on what to do to get them to stop and just leave me alone.

Kind Regards,

Shaz

do nothing.

if you have not had any fin in/out in 6yrs they are statute barred .

just a phishing letter by some chancer after fleecing you

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey shazzyfizzle,

As Dx says ignore this and whatever you do, don't acknowledge the debt to either Abbey/Lowell or any of their agents in any way, shape or form. That would be the worst thing you could do.

Because the debt is over six years old it is statute barred and therefore legally unenforceable. In short, follow the advice you have been given and you will be absolutely fine.

Any letters/phone calls will eventually dry up when they realise they wont get anywhere.

Good Luck

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08