co-op/smile defaul hell

bunnyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello nice people

the not so nice people of co-op/smile bank have just sent a leter to my GF that stated that they terminate her account and have registered a default notice against her.

she had a graduate overdraft of £1000 and accumulated about £900 in various bank charges which are not justified and true reflection of their costs.

I recently sent them a letter stating that the charges were unlawfull and not a reflection of their true costs and that we were happy to pay them the £1000 that we owed and expected them to refund the £900 of penalty charges immdiately.

they responded with the above letter stating that she has been defaulted.

I feel a bit bad that as a result of my letter this hapened.:-|

Does anyone have a draft particulars of claim to issue a clain against them for the unlawfull charges and for damages for registering the default notice as a result.

Please help

Yours, Bunnyboy that loves rabbits as pets.:)

did it say anywhere in anycontract or agreement that there was a service fee for going overdrawn for too long etc?

If not then its a penalty charge and you can get it back.

Wait for a few more replies for more instructions.

thanks.

tom3131

Before you take any legal action, please read through the

FAQ's, then if you dont understand something, please ask for advice ;) .

If theres a thread in which you think I could help, please PM me using the Private Messaging facility in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Advice & opinions of tom3131, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you ha

Does anyone have a draft particulars of claim to issue a clain against them for the unlawfull charges and for damages for registering the default notice as a result.

Please help

Yours, Bunnyboy that loves rabbits as pets.:)

It's all on here. Read everything first so you know what you're doing.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!