fashion word debt now their DCA & lots of charges

coledt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and it's not £10 per account, it's £10 for the TOTALITY of the data they hold on you. Nice try, a**holes. :rolleyes:

Thats what I thought, but because they said that it is two different named accounts, but I have to send it to the same person

Cheers

If it's the same account holder, then it's one data subject. if 2 different account holders (say husband and wife) then yes, they'd be right.

Im gonna send them this reply, but any suggestions on making it sound more professional would be great.:

Thank you for your letter dated 5th May 2010. I must point out that your information is incorrect. A subject access request (SAR) was sent on the 16th February 2010, The request was sent by recorded delivery and signed for, which I have proof of.

The subject access request that I sent by recorded delivery and signed for contained the statutory payment of £10. When this was signed by your colleague/ company representative it constitutes as acceptance of payment. As I requested all information kept regarding me from a company that holds information for both accounts I do not have to pay twice.

You have failed to supply me with my Subject Access Request in the allotted time. I will be making an official complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office

• 2 weeks later...

I am in dispute with a company and have been for the last year.

I received a letter from a debt recovery company that is linked to the original company that I have a dispute with.

I sent the standard template letter to the debt recovery company informing them that they should return this to the original company

as my dispute has not been settled.

They ignored me until I wrote to them saying that I want a copy of their complaince procedure and that I will making a complaint to the FOS.

They now have written to me saying that they will investigate my claim with the original company

but I should also supply them with the reason of my original dispute and any letters that I have.

I did not think that I had to do this as all I had to do was inform them that I was in dispute with the original company in the first place.... Is this right?

Edited by coledt

File under ignore and then copy everything and send it to the FOS.

I was going to write back to them:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxx.

I have informed you that I am in serious dispute with XXXX since XXXX. Subsequently I do not feel the need to supply you with more information then this.

I suggest that the account is sent back to XXXX, as the dispute has still not been settled. I will also be providing the FOS with a copy of all documentation/ correspondence from you.

Yours sincerely

Guest HeftyHippo

perhaps

I was going to write back to them:

I most strongly suggest that the account is sent back to XXXX ... etc

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I owe a catalouge about £600 and

after a long drawn out dispute I have started to pay them back £100 per month.

The problem is that they want me to make a high minimum payment which I cant do.

I now receive 2 letters from the catalouge company a month and 1 letter from Reliable Collections a month each

with an administration charge of £12.

Does anyone know of any help regarding how to stop them making such a profit off of me?

Hi,

I owe a catalouge about £600 and after a long drawn out dispute I have started to pay them back £100 per month. The problem is that they want me to make a high minimum payment which I cant do. I now receive 2 letters from the catalouge company a month and 1 letter from Reliable Collections a month each with an administration charge of £12. Does anyone know of any help regarding how to stop them making such a profit off of me?

If you can start your own thread on this, then it will get answered, it will go missed here.

For a start, £100 a month is far too much, they are taking the proverbial, and unreliable CANNOT add their own charges. There are a myriad of questions and procedures you should go through with them, but you need to have your own separate thread on this.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 years later...

why did you start paying them when they had no CCA?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...