• Tweets

• The UK's inflation rate surged to 0.6% in December from 0.3% in November despite Covid curbs. View the full article
    • Fears had grown over the Alibaba founder's whereabouts because of pressure from Chinese authorities. View the full article
    • I felt outmatched to be honest. Lowell probably did identify me on here and decided to send one of their more experienced. The guy they sent to last hearing didn't sound half as competent. The solicitor and judge were pretty much talking amongst themselves. That's how it felt. The Judge understood and accepted what the solicitor said at every point. She accepted fresh start as a brand name only. She accepted all the evidence were copies. She accepted I entered into a valid agreement. She accepted the error on the default notice was a typo. Felt like I lost before the hearing. If not, I wasn't able to express my points well enough. Not like the claimant who I'm sure was giving a law lesson. Completely out of my depth. I didn't ask to appeal. I'm upset understandably but grateful for all the help and support I received here. I've learnt a hell of lot but hope to never need it again.
    • FAW counts Red Flag limousines, used by China's communist party leaders, among its products. View the full article
    • Thanks for your reply...much appreciated. Last payment date was December 2018. She had been paying £50/month from July, and they wanted £150/month, despite my partner losing her PIP (which was eventually reinstated after appeal). She stopped paying anything after they failed to supply a true copy of the original CCA (which she took out in 1981). Her name and address were different in 1981 due to marriage (and subsequent divorce!). Again, no mention of that in the “reconstituted” agreement which they supplied. Once again, many thanks and we both appreciate you putting time in to helping with this, especially due to the increased financial pressures of Covid on many people who also need your help.
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Alliance & Leicester CCA received today!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3910 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

:confused:Hello,

I'm wondering if somebody could help me. I'm not sure if i am writing in the correct thread so please accept my apologies!!

I had a loan with Alliance and Leicester taken out in 2005 and have had financial difficulties for the past few years and problems in paying back what i borrowed. Not good, i know.

They have since passed the debt to Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd from whom i requested a copy of the signed CCA. They didn't respond within the allocated timescale so i sent the dispute letter.

Today, i receive a letter from Moorcroft with a copy of the signed agreement with copies of the terms and conditions of my loan agreement.

Unfortunately i am not able to scan the documents in for you to view due to lack of technology!!

Moorcroft have said in their letter that i have 14 days before they commence their normal collection methods.

Could somebody advise? I know that now they have sent me the agreement that i am liable for the debt, so i assume i would have to come up with a payment plan with them?

Any information or help anyone could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks! xx:confused:

Is there any way you can get it scanned and posted here?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I had a loan with Alliance and Leicester taken out in 2005 and have had financial difficulties for the past few years and problems in paying back what i borrowed.

In which case even if the agreement is enforceable there will be charges on the account which you can claim back to reduce the amount outstanding.

If you can't scan the agreement could you possibly post the contents of the agreement. Obviously leave out any personal information.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

No worries, we'll look at it over the weekend for you :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

I can't give you a definitive answer sorry but the penalty charges are too high and the PPI is astronimical! Were your coerced into taking the PPI option? A quarter of the total loan amount in insurance is scandalous!

SAR them and start a charges and PPI reclaim.

Did you sign this at home or on bank premises?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I can't see the 'right to cancel' one of the prescribed terms.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need to SAR the original creditor to find out how much there is in charges and you need to tell moorcr@p that the account is in dispute pending a charges and PPI reclaim.

How would i go with reclaiming the PPI charges? Would this be cancelled and deducted from the loan amount or would i just received the payments of the PPI which have already been made?

I will be sending my dispute letter and my subject access request tomorrow.

Thank you for your help so far. I will keep you informed of any progress :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

So i've sent my SAR and the £10 fee, however, moorcroft have now written back stating that they need identification from me such as a copy of a driving licence or my passport to ensure that i am who i say i am.

What should i do?

With regards to the right to cancel, see pages four & five.

3. Consumer Credit (Cancellation...cuments) Regulations 1983..pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The SAR should have gone to the original creditor not Moorcroft, write back to them stating that according to ico guidelines proof of identity is not required if they have been corresponding with you previously and that you expect Moorcroft to forward your request to the original creditor or return your SAR fee.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]