Alliance & Leicester CCA received today!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused:Hello,

I'm wondering if somebody could help me. I'm not sure if i am writing in the correct thread so please accept my apologies!!

I had a loan with Alliance and Leicester taken out in 2005 and have had financial difficulties for the past few years and problems in paying back what i borrowed. Not good, i know.

They have since passed the debt to Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd from whom i requested a copy of the signed CCA. They didn't respond within the allocated timescale so i sent the dispute letter.

Today, i receive a letter from Moorcroft with a copy of the signed agreement with copies of the terms and conditions of my loan agreement.

Unfortunately i am not able to scan the documents in for you to view due to lack of technology!!

Moorcroft have said in their letter that i have 14 days before they commence their normal collection methods.

Could somebody advise? I know that now they have sent me the agreement that i am liable for the debt, so i assume i would have to come up with a payment plan with them?

Any information or help anyone could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks! xx:confused:

I had a loan with Alliance and Leicester taken out in 2005 and have had financial difficulties for the past few years and problems in paying back what i borrowed.

In which case even if the agreement is enforceable there will be charges on the account which you can claim back to reduce the amount outstanding.

If you can't scan the agreement could you possibly post the contents of the agreement. Obviously leave out any personal information.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I can't give you a definitive answer sorry but the penalty charges are too high and the PPI is astronimical! Were your coerced into taking the PPI option? A quarter of the total loan amount in insurance is scandalous!

SAR them and start a charges and PPI reclaim.

How would i go with reclaiming the PPI charges? Would this be cancelled and deducted from the loan amount or would i just received the payments of the PPI which have already been made?

I will be sending my dispute letter and my subject access request tomorrow.

Thank you for your help so far. I will keep you informed of any progress :D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

So i've sent my SAR and the £10 fee, however, moorcroft have now written back stating that they need identification from me such as a copy of a driving licence or my passport to ensure that i am who i say i am.

What should i do?

The SAR should have gone to the original creditor not Moorcroft, write back to them stating that according to ico guidelines proof of identity is not required if they have been corresponding with you previously and that you expect Moorcroft to forward your request to the original creditor or return your SAR fee.