• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Link Claimform - old mbna debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, can anybody help,

got a claimform from link: who i have cca'd and got a copy of my agreement with mbna: all looks ok, except for perhaps mbna signature not on it: but it might be at the top of the cca:

my question is,

do i ask for it to be transferred to my local court or just admit it:

me thinks it would be hard to prove it wasn't o.k.

should i just send in the income and expenditure form together with an offer of £1. or ask for it to be moved to my local court:

and does this mean that link can now slap 8% per annum onto the debt?

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

just reading these threads,

i too got a ccj from LINK

, i admitted the amount, as they had a water tight CCA, from MBNA,

they set a determination order for £251 per month,

i'm on pension credit,

sent them all my income and expenditure, together with a list of my creditors: and an offer they just ignored it and went straight for the jugular:

sent a re-determination letter off to the court S.Delivery, the following day:

phoned the court they said it would be about 3 weeks before i hear from them, and that a hearing would be transferred to my local court being Liverpool.

in the meantime managed to find a legal aid solicitor, going to see them on thursday: and will be taking all the info' from this forum, with me,

i sent off a Subject Access Request straight away to LINK, they got it today.

any advice would be appreciated: will keep everybody informed as to how i get on. thanks

I don't really know what you could do, i know you have sent a SAR to Link but have you sent one to MBNA as well? If not I would get one sent off and see what comes back then compare the two and check to see if there is a discrepancy in the amounts claimed as this could render any default notice on which the original case was based invalid.

But I think the first priority is to protect the roof over your head, not sure how to do this. Best thing to do is contact one of the site team and get your own thread started with all this info in one thread as things can get confusing when threads go off on different tangents.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi equinox I just picked up your thread from one I'm subscribed to.

The statutory interest should not be applied to agreements that come under the consumer credit act 1974 :

The County Courts (Interest on Judgment Debts) Order 1991 si1984

The County Courts (Interest on Judgment Debts) Order 1991

2.—(1) Subject to the following provisions of this Order, every judgment debt under a relevant judgment shall, to the extent that it remains unsatisfied, carry interest under this Order from the date on which the relevant judgment was given.

(2) In the case of a judgment or order for the payment of a judgment debt, other than costs, the amount of which has to be determined at a later date, the judgment debt shall carry interest from that later date.

(3) Interest shall not be payable under this Order where the relevant judgment—

(a) is given in proceedings to recover money due under an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974[2] ;

(b) grants—

(i) the landlord of a dwelling house, or

(ii) the mortgagee under a mortgage of land which consists of or includes a dwelling house,

a suspended order for possession.

Sink always try this one on.

Send a SAR to MBN@ as well I understand you have sent one to Sink.

Pumpytums

2.—(1) Subject to the following provisions of this Order, every judgment debt under a relevant judgment shall, to the extent that it remains unsatisfied, carry interest under this Order from the date on which the relevant judgment was given.

If the termination notice is sent on date A and the judgment is entered on date B but you don't pay up till date C, the period between A and B can carry interest, but not between B and C but only if criteria in 2(3) is met.

Edited by BuzzMan

Hi Buzzman,

as it's MBN@ it's either a loan or Credit card so they should both be covered by the CCA 1974 and hence as you pointed out 2(3a) excludes interest.

I hope that's right it's how I have always read it.

Pumpytums

Hi Buzzman,

as it's MBN@ it's either a loan or Credit card so they should both be covered by the CCA 1974 and hence as you pointed out 2(3a) excludes interest.

The statutory instrument precludes the courts from awarding interest on judgment debts not on debts themselves if 2(3) is met.

From what I understand and many others far more clued up than my self :

"The Claimant pleads that this claim concerns an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act, 1974. However, the Claimant claims interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act, 1984 which the Claimant should surely know they are not entitled to by virtue of the County Courts (Interest on Judgment Debts) Order, 1991 (SI 1991 No. 1184 (L. 12)) in particular section 2(3)(a), which clearly prohibits such an award:

· The general rule

2(3) Interest shall not be payable under this Order where the relevant judgment - (a) is given in proceedings to recover money due under an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974;"

If judgement goes against you then surely its a judgement debt. If the debt allows for it they can add contractual interest after judgement, but this should be mentioned in any default notice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/255469-new-pending-court-action.html

Pumpytums

I think you are confusing judgment as a result of debt and debt as a result of judgment.

A once a judgment debt is entered, if 2(3) is met, the claimant would not be entitled to any interest on the entered amount. However, the amount entered can contain original debt + §69 interest up to the date that the judgment is given.

I think I just confused myself too. :)

I found the following link that confuses me even more.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/252580-s69-interest.html

(4) Interest in respect of a debt shall not be awarded under this section for a period during which, for whatever reason, interest on the debt already runs.

So I think you are correct, you need to have a termination notice. If you don't have a termination notice the agreement endures and hence they could still be charging interest.

So to sum up s69 can apply providing the CCA 1974 agreement has been terminated. So from termination to judgement s69 apply's but not post judgement.

Sorry for dragging that out I have learnt something too.

Thanks

Pumpytums

So to sum up s69 can apply providing the CCA 1974 agreement has been terminated. So from termination to judgement s69 apply's but not post judgement.

That is my interpretation, yes.

• dx100uk changed the title to Link Claimform - old mbna debt