style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone i was hoping i could get some advice.

I march of this year i came home to find a hand written note from my landlord asking me to ring him. When i call he informs me i'm 3mths behind in my rent,this is a big shock to me as i'm very prompt at paying it, i apologies and the only thing i can think is i had problems with my bank account and had to change banks.

I agree to get it sorted out and work to pay back the arrears.

I get back from work today to find him and two big burly blokes breaking into the house.

Once we managed to get into the house because i was on my own and intimidate by him and the big blokes i manage to fire of a text to my sister to call the police and then when i had chance i ran upstairs and called them myself.

When the police turned up the two big burly blokes left pretty sharp leaving me with the landlord and police officer, the landlord then starts say he has given me warnings ect has phone and sent letters even a section 21 which i have never received. and when i challenged him he said he sent it by recorded delivery, i have never received and thing through my door of the sorts, he says he can provide proof(which i would like to see as i would like to know why the post office hasn't put a notice through my door to say i need to sign for something)

after reading on here i have reason to believe my deposit isn't in a TDS as i have never been given any details(i'm looking for the tenncy agreement which at the moment i can't blinking find)

Any advise would be very helpfull

Felixx

ps he also says he know the lady on the corner and she has been phoning him saying i'm a nutter????

Go see the private tenancy team at your local Council. They may not be called that though. Take a look at their website as they should have info there on who to contact for help with private tenancies.

Sounds like he was trying to illegally evict you. Even if you had received a correctly served Section 21 notice if you didn't leave voluntarily by the end of the notice period then he would still have to ask the Court for a posession order.

Aviva is right, illegal eviction, do as suggested.

The other issue is obviously the outstanding three months rent:

1) whats happend?

2) Whos fault?

3) Is it now paid?

4) What was the interval between the landlords phone call and the unwelcome visit?

Is there more to this non-payment situation than meets the eye?

Aviva is right, illegal eviction, do as suggested.

The other issue is obviously the outstanding three months rent:

1) whats happend? I had to change banks

2) Whos fault? mine didn't pay full attention

3) Is it now paid? no

4) What was the interval between the landlords phone call and the unwelcome visit? 14 days

Is there more to this non-payment situation than meets the eye? no as this is the first problem i have had

see answers

Do you still have the money? If so get the rent arrears cleared.

If not then pay as much as you can to show that you are trying to resolve the problem.

I still recommend getting advice from your local Council they can liaise on your behalf, remind the landlord of his legal obligations and even prosecute if the case warrants it/have enough evidence.

Did you not wonder why you where so flush for 3 months?

Best advice now is no more excuses. Speak to those in the know i.e. the council tenancy people.

Change the locks of you feel threatened.

You are going to have to speak to the LL, can I suggest in a letter, acknowledging the problem and setting out a time scale for repayment.

If you can no longer afford the property for reasons you have told us, again you need to tackle the problem head on rather than unsuccesfully muddling through.

Kepp in mind if you are in arrears the local authority will not assist in rehousing you if/when you are finally (and legally) evicted as you would have made yourself intentionally homeless.