BT again!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 weeks ago my wife paid the phone bill (very late). Last Thursday we noticed we had no calls, come Monday we thought something was up as we could not make or receive calls. So we thought we had a fault - Broadband speeds had dropped considerably.

Tuesday morning I ring a number, the phone replies the number you are calling is not available. I ring from work - the number you are calling soes not accept incoming calls? What?

My wife phoned BT they say she hasn't paid. (wrong) and you are disconnected.

Today she gets a letter telling her to pay by 19th April or BT will disconnect us.

Aaargh!!! Wot are BT playing at? We have LLU Broadband which does not appear to have ben affected by BT, do we still have a fault on the line?

Our line rental is BT our calls package is Primus & our broadband is o2.

I am sure it is a line fault as we get a dialing tone but when we ring a number, we get the message "sorry the number you are caling is not available". where as up until my wife paid the bill and for part of last week it normally says "this call has been transferred to BT..."

So they have either cut us off early or we still have a line fault. Hopefully his won't affect Primus taking over the line rental.

Dial 151 for faults. (you should still be able to get thrugh to this number even if your line has been disconnected early)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 2 weeks later...

BT also disconnected me without warning yesterday. Despite having paid my previous disputed bill in full as soon as I was threatened with disconnection as I could not afford to be disconnected however unhappy I was with the bill. At the time the BT automated system confirmed it was paid in full.

My best guess is when the BT computer generated my new bill yesterday a small BT credit that had previously been offset against the amount I owed on the old bill was now shown as being credited against the new bill. This meant out of the blue the computer decide there was still a small unpaid amount on the old bill (not previously the case prior to the new bill being generated) and disconnected my phone.:-o

My phone is now re-connected.

Our bill was paid on Sunday last and we can now make and receive telephone calls again. I have left the complaint bit to my wife now our bank statements have arrived.

In the mean time I am trying to get Primus sales to contact me so I can transfer to them - they may have high charges to mobiles, but at least the line rental is cheaper than BT & the cost of adding Caller Display is good value @ 56p a mth.:)

Caller display with BT is free if you ask for "privacy at home" ;)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar