Harrassment by Welcome Finance

von
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help i am insensed by the total unprofessional way in which WF bully people and other members of their family!!!!

My husband made the mistake of having a car from Welcome way back in 2004....... we paid as we should of done usually on time god help us if we ever missed a payment as they were soon on the phone to remind us we had forgotten or onto my husband place of work. We had the usual rubbish from them telling us to increase our payments but we never took any notice from them. We also got duped into paying them by debit card and on two occasions WF even helped themselves to money off of that debit card without our permission which i'm sure must be a breach of data protection and needless to say we went beserk!!!!

I have to admit we have moved around a bit and for one reason or another we lost contact with WF (what a shame) but when their compliance team finally caught up with us last year i had great pleasure in asking for sight of the original agreement before i would discuss making any further payments 3 times i had to request this and shock horror one did get sent. I was told we had accrued over £1000 worth of charges!!! After i picked myself back off the floor i asked how these charges were made up.....i was told in letters and phone calls. I said fair enough but a letter could only cost the price of a stamp and even at £10 a letter thats a lot of letters to costs 1K. I also said i wanted evidence from their telephone provider that it cost them as a company £15 to make a call to client. I don't think she liked this as the next call i had from them they were dropping all charges reducing the size of the HP agreement on the condition that my husband re-signed a fresh loan agreement with them as the HP was about to expire.

VERY STUPIDLY we re-signed!!!!!

We have recived calls saying that our payments would take us forever to pay off and could we pay more and we said no!

Over this last xmas we suffered a particularly tight patch (not due to xmas pressies!) and we let slip our December payment by the time we spoke to WF we owed December and January. My husband offered to pay them over a few weeks he re-set up a direct debit with them and we made them an additional payment. The very next week my husband started getting a number of calls at his place of work even to the point of 3 or 4 in a morning. They sneakly got hold of his work mobile number and were phoning it continously even up to 10pm at night!!!! When i answered and told them they had the wrong number.....they have been rude to my husbands work colleagues even revealing personal information about why they were trying to get hold of my husband. The girls in the office have said they find WF very rude in their manner!

When the harrassment gets this intense it puts you off speaking to a person.....

Eventually my husband has spoken to the branch manager and the conversation ended up with my husband being "offered out". He was told to go down to the local office "where we can sort it out like REAL MEN".. my husband was livid and i had to plead with him to stay in his seat!

WF have made a doorstep visit to my husband's parents address saying that he owes them money and this week have written a grubby note to his parents asking for his whereabouts????? This has caused us considerable embarrassment and my in-laws no end of worry!!!!!!

By the way they never did set up that direct debit even though they were supplied with all the banking information and did i mention we only owed them £210!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG i want to murder them what if i owed tens of thousands????? I want the calls and doorstep visits to stop especially to other members of the family and i would like to know exactly how they traced my husband to his parents address when he hasn't lived there for over 15 years?

Help please.

Thank you guys!!!

This is outrageous even by Welcome standards :mad: you need to write a formal letter of complaint to Welcome head office and send by special delivery (if you need help with the letter I'll happily draft one for you).

You then need to contact your local Trading Standards and get them involved, also report them to the OFT.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

At the end of last week i wrote a letter which i sent recorded delivery as then there would be no excuses to not having received it!!!

I told that due to their unprofessional approach to dealing with the account my husband would no longer be dealing with them.

I asked for their complaints procedure and also a contact of somebody we could talk to in a professional manner!!!! Ha ha

As yet i haven't heard......also they have phoned my mother-in-law asking after craig even though they have been told he doesn't live there.

I mentioned this in my letter as well saying that he had caused "undue stress".

I wonder if or when i'll receive a response......

did you specify a time limit on your letter

please be careful putting names and anything that you can be identified by in your posts never know who is reading

if they call again hang up/dont answer the phone you do not have to be treated like this, if they call your in laws again tell them to say they will be contacting the police for harrassment if they continue to call as they have already been told the person they are looking for doesnt live at that address or use that telephone number

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Thank you beyondhope sadly i did not put a time limit on the letter i can say that my in-laws have not heard in th elast few days however they have still telephoned my husband stating that he has had numerous correspondence from them and that he MUST telephone them by the end of the day AGAIN today another call stating that my husband MUST contact his local welcome branch urgently today......NOT the response we were after! What did they fail to understand about us not corresponding with them anymore! And i'm yet to be supplied with their complaints procedure and head office information! Sorry to rant but one of these telephone calls was received after 8pm in the evening......

Did you send the letter to the local branch or to head office? If it was the local branch then I'm afraid you have little or no chance of a reply. Apparently they are not authorised to write letters (incapable of writing them more like!).

Assuming you kept a copy of the letter you sent - take another copy and send it to the head office with a covering letter stating you have not had the courtesy of a reply (again send by recorded delivery).

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you Ell-enn. Yes i did send to local branch. Thanks for the tip can anybody give me a head office address as this was one of the things i asked from the local branch needless to say i've not had that piece of information willingly supplied to me! Ha ha

Send this by recorded delivery:

....................................................................Your Address

Welcome Financial Services Limited

Mere Way

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Date:

Dear Sirs,

Account No:

Please find affixed letter of complaint sent to my local branch. I have not had the courtesy of a reply and the telephone harrassment is still continuing.

I would appreciate your response to this complaint.

Yours faithfully,

XXXXX

Enc.

Ell funny you should say that I have had responses from local office and yep they were rubbish :lol: anyway if you get no joy von send the telephone harrassment letter from the templates section of cag :) it worked for me :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 2 months later...

OP is actually hillarious.

for one reason or another we lost contact with WF (what a shame)

So basically, you skipped on Welcome, ran up a massive arrears bill, probably incurred numerous skip trace charges, letter fees and phone calls, by making yourself unanswerable to your debts, had the charges waived, had your payments lowered, you still didn't pay properly..... and wonder why you have people trying to contact you, your guarantors, and having the boys come to your yard a-knocking for their money??

OP is actually hillarious.

So basically, you skipped on Welcome, ran up a massive arrears bill, probably incurred numerous skip trace charges, letter fees and phone calls, by making yourself unanswerable to your debts, had the charges waived, had your payments lowered, you still didn't pay properly..... and wonder why you have people trying to contact you, your guarantors, and having the boys come to your yard a-knocking for their money??

Gandalf with the greatest respect, if you have nothing constructive to say, please, be quiet :D You have no idea of the circumstances under which people post so please take your tunnel vision comments and keep them to yourself :)

Gandalf with the greatest respect, if you have nothing constructive to say, please, be quiet :D You have no idea of the circumstances under which people post so please take your tunnel vision comments and keep them to yourself :)

I couldn't have put it better myself!!! :-D

I read this and other mindless posts last night and, apart from reporting one to site team, I couldn't think of anything to say that didn't involve a multitude of swear words and obscenities :evil:

I couldn't have put it better myself!!! :-D

I read this and other mindless posts last night and, apart from reporting one to site team, I couldn't think of anything to say that didn't involve a multitude of swear words and obscenities :evil:

I did see the deleted one on my email notification but it was gone by the time I got on here, id have loved to respond to that one too :rolleyes: I thought I was quite good considering what was going through my head wasnt coming out of my fingers :lol:

Gandalf, when you understand and have 100% facts in information in front of you then and ONLY then can you make such bold statements as then and ONLY then they will be correct......UNTIL then go back under that slimey stone you crawled out of! I pay all and any of my bills that are deemed to be fair I DO NOT bow down to bullies! Cough cough.....rant over!

• 1 year later...
do u know there going into administration i have the same problem i got a car bring it on welcome

WFSL are not going into administration. At the moment they are operating under the directive of maximising collections on their loan book. They are no longer lending. They have restructured their resources in such a way to make most of their collection activities. Even their cohorts at The Lewis Group/CL Finance/Howard Cohen, have followed suit. They are no longer lending and taking advantage of people by getting new agreements or taking on new debt. Their current strategy is "get the money".

To the original poster, If you are still having problems with them and how they are harassing you and your friends and family, please let us know. You have options.

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!