Welcome to Take My Car - But they Wont???

chrisgc1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a car on guaranteed finance with Welcome - have had it about 3 years now (i know i should not have) but they have now sent me a letter saying the amount owed has been passed onto a debt collectionlink3.gif agency.

My Situation is this:-

1) I have requested they come and collect the car on several occasions as long ago as 3 months ago Yet they have still not collected - (the plan was that they collect and sell at auctionlink3.gif then offset the amount against what is owed).

2) They have now said that the account has been passed to a debt collection agency.

3) As the car is not mobile (due to needing a new gear box) the car is parked on my friends driveway and declared sorn.

4) To give them a kick up the back side to collect the car I have got my friend (where the car is parked up) to write to them giving them 2 weeks notice otherwise they will start incurring parking/storage fees of £35.00 per day.

SO AM I IN MY RIGHTS TO DO THE FOLLOWING:

5) Basically am I in my rights to to get my friend to start charging them parking/storage fees as they are the legal owners especially as i have requested in writing to collect car and spoke to them on phone.

6) If they have passed the amount owed onto a debt collection agency am I in my rights to ask them to take their interestlink3.gif off as a finance company so I can sell the car (as they have only passed the debt to an agency and I take it are not interested in having the car back).

Where do i stand as the problem is the longer they are taking to come and collect the car and fulfil my request the car is depreciating in value so when they effectively come collect the car and auction off it will be worth less now than say several months ago.

Please can someone lead me to some info as this has dragged on so long now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

Hi,

I'll move this thread to the Welcome Finance Forum, you should get help in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert