unfair building insurance from landlord

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have a commercial rented property with a lease. Under the terms of the lease it says that " the landlord insures the building and I have to reimburse him. I have paid this cost yearly and on a few occasions have disagreed with the amount being charged as it seems excessive. I have never seen any proof of insurance, never seen any paperwork from an insurance company.. just the bill from the landlord, what are my rights? Can I challenge the cost as being unreasonable ( I was told that the cost has to be reasonable and comparable). A few years ago I had the property valued by surveyor for the purpose of insurance, he got quotes for from £350 to £495 for landlords insurance , my insurance at the time was £1004!! The following year my landlord dropped the insurance charged to £600, but it has gradually increased to £1300 this year, the agents comment was " well it has alrady been paid, you must reimburse the landlord" and when I asked to see proof of the amount charged he just said it was part of a block policy. I feel as if I am being charged a ridiculous amount compared to other retailers in the area.. what can I do about this?:-x