• Tweets

• First of all welcome to the Forum. Do not worry about Drips+ -a dead sheep has more power so do not let them bother you and never contact them. It is a pity that you wrote to PE  which would be perfectly normal, except with crooks like PE  as you may have revealed you were the driver. You have lost the protection of POF A but it is not a fatal. Please do not even think of paying a penny. The amount may go higher in the short term but when the poor dears do not hear from you they get worried ( because they think to won't pay) do they start sending begging letters and reduce the amount owed.I One of the Site Team will be along shortly and give you a template to fill in which helps us to give you the best advice should they not give up. Just complete the form and post up photos of the signs at the entrance to the hotel and others around the car park and the terms on their ticket machine if there is one.
    • HI   You took possession of the Property in 2010 but when did you end the Tenancy Agreement?   Did you give them the required Notice to end your Tenancy?   You mention you paid a Deposit in 2010, was this returned when you ended the Tenancy?   You need to know exactly what they are claiming money owed is for and surprised that solicitors letter does not mention this.   Send the Landlord a Subject Access Request (SAR) asking for 'ALL DATA'  (ensure to send a copy to the Solicitor acting for them as well. 
    • yes only court...   can I confirm this was settled via Barclaycard and chargeback as it was a debit card, rather than section 75 via a creditcard?  
    • Hi   Sorry for the delay in getting back to you don't worry we have not forgot you.   So they have destroyed ALL DATA personal to you as you did not take the Property. (really they have put there foot in it)   If they hold no personal data then they have NO evidence of what was agreed to with your Holding Deposit and the refusal to return it.   Now if it was me I would let them drop themselves in it even further by responding to there SAR response.   Thank you for your SAR Response dated XX/XX/2019   Due to this response I require clarification of the following:   1. Have you followed the Data Protection Act 2018 & General Data Protection Regulations on Destroying My Personal Data?   2. If you have Destroyed All My Personal Data then what documentation do you hold that I have signed/agreed to the Holding Deposit being Non-Refundable and to provide copies of this documentation.   3. I require a copy of your Policy on Holding Deposits   Please bear in mind the above is what I would do.   I do think it is looking like you may have to go down the court route (make sure and have a good read of that link I previously gave you to the Tenants Fee Act).
    • HI   Firstly the parking in front of your drive, do you have a pavement with a Drop Kerb in front of your property to access your driveway, if so are they infringing on the Drop Kerb? (note your can ask the council to to paint a white line with lines at the end on the road in front of the drop kerb please note there may be a cost from the council to do so)   As for the CCTV look at this ICO link: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/domestic-cctv-systems-guidance-for-people-using-cctv/   Due to the new DPA/GDPR if you have CCTV on your Property and it views outside of that Properties Bounderies they then need to register as a Data Controller with the ICO.   So I would make a Formal Complaint in writing to the Councils Data Controller, ICO (specifically asking if this individual is Registered with them as a Data Controller) & Police, you need to keep a good paper trail of this individuals actions.   I hope this individual knows the Law on Harassment as from your thread that is the impression I get is no matter what you do they will find something else to complaint about.  
  • Our picks

Duracy

Resolvecall for capquest - old EGG card debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3070 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thanks for that Pinky, do I write a letter saying it is unenforceable to cq?

Trina

Send the letter in Post 4 of that thread - Steven's letter - to Resolvecall as they were the ones who last contacted you and are (for now) CQ's agents. They will probably pass the account back to CQ and when CQ contact you again you can send them a copy of the letter.

Edited by Pinky69

Ok now I'm confused! Resolvecall sent me a letter saying they will be sending someone to my house to hand deliver a sd on behalf of cq, not that they have taken over the account. Cq where the ones who sent me the cca so the unenforceable letter should go to cq?

Trina :)

To both to avoid confusion :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I agree with Babybear. It will make them both aware of where they stand, especially in the light of an SD threat.

Dear cq

Thank you for you letter dated 14april 2010, unfortunately egg have provided you with a copy agreement which does not comply with s61(1) of the CCA 1974 and the associated regulations and is therefore only enforceable by an order of the court by virtue of s65. However, since it does not have a term concerning the credit limit (rather, it defines an "Approved Limit" - whatever that is) as required by Schedule 6 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983, the court would be prevented from granting such an order by virtue of s127(3)

Therefore I reguard as this account being in dispute.

Is this ok or do I need to add/delete anything or is there a template I could use?

Trina

Great, thanks Pinky. Shall get it posted recorded either later this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Shall update once I hear something.

Trina :)

I loathe Cap Quest. They are evil. Whenever one of my DD payments bounces they send a defalt notice and demand full payment. They then use it as an excuse to increase the monthlies I have to pay. My debt was with Egg too. I still get Egg statements despite CQ's involvement, which is confusing.

It is reassuring to read that there are others out there who are sharing my suffering. When I can I am definitely going to donate to CAG.

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

Posted the unenforceable letter(s) off yesterday recorded so lets see what delights they come back with!

Mozz - Have replied via your thread :)

Will keep you all updated on this. Thanks so much for the support again all. I am starting to feel stronger against these bullies

Trina

Yes, they ARE bullies and at some future point their activities will become illegal. In my opinion someone should do something about CrapQuest under the Human Rights legislation!

Mozzone

Hi all, so far I have heard nothing since the letters where sent off and recieved. This morning I recieved a letter in the post. The amount they are asking for now is 2000 more than what the original debt was for the cheek! Any ideas on where to go from here or should I sit tight and wait for them to come back with something? No idea why it has taken them so long to get back to me http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo150/jojo1147/cq.jpg

Trina

Are you paying them at the moment? Could it be interest?

Mozzone

Nope, paying them sweet FA! I gues it would be interest but I just thought, what a cheek!

Trina

Hmmm....I have a C rapQuest dispute on too (Egg). Keep us posted.

Mozzone

That's soooo similar to my case. Interesting.

I would have thought it completely irrelevant that you / we have had X many years to dispute the account. The fact is we are disputing it NOW and either there was a valid CCA or there wasn't.

For starters I would go back to them and say just that.

Mozzone

Oh, and its irrelevant that we were sent a CCA at the time. The ToB to be compliant, I believe, should be referred to in, and attached to, the CCA?

Mozzone

Hmm I did'nt get anything else with my cca request. All I got was the agreement which I have posted. I really wish I could find my orginal docs, I feel I threw them out a long while back which annoys me to a point. Did you get the same letter Mozz?

That letter is rubbish and can be ignored. What you received or didn't receive when you opened the account has no relevance to your CCA request whatsoever.

No but I feel its on the way. CapQuest have been adminsitering my Egg Loan since 2006 and Egg must use the same argument. I gather because yours account is so old they probably haven't got a good CCA and I think their letter is trying to fob you off and hope you go away. Since when has it been a defence to say that you have impliedly agreed to accept a defective CCA simply because you have been paying like a good 'un all these years? Tell them to go take a jump. Say you still dispute the account, that the ToB should be with the CCA (which it wasn't), that they have no argument that you have impliedly accepted the agreement as you are disputing it now) and that you are minded to go to the OFT with a complaint.

Hopefully someone in the know will start posting here and help us both out soon! Fingers crossed. But I do think its worthwhile you enetering intoan exchange of tit for ta letters and keeping things in dispute as it should slow things down.

Just out of curisity, are you in a position to make them any sort of f&f offer?

Mozzone

CapQuest have sent their second letter to me now flatly REFUSING to send my CCA request onto Egg. Yhey have returned my letter and my postal order again (twice now).

They also returned the letter in which I denied any commitment to pay them.

Its quite disgusting, but where now? Who do I complain to if they are, indeed, obliged to pass on this request? All they've said is "our client has requested you send your CCA request direct to them." Any ideas? The OFT or something?

Mozzone

They're wrong. Tell them so. In writing of course :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Babybear, I have. I wrote the following last week (in my second letter)

"Your letter of X June refers. You are obliged to pass on my request for a true copy of the original agreement to your client, Egg Banking plc. Your obligation arises under s175 and s189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

"I therefore ask that you pass on this request to Egg and I return speficially for this purpose:

"1. My letter dated X June [the first letter I sent them]

"2. My postal order in the sum of £1.00"

They replied today saying that their client Egg had requested that I write direct to them for the CCA. Nothing else said. Both my original letters returned with that response + postal order.

They may be wrong Bear, but I need to know what I can do about it, as they clearly don't give a damn about being wrong.

Mozzone