E VAN Insurance Cancellation Problems Refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I rather stupidly signed up to Evan insurance for my van.I have since checked them out and its not good news.I have just tried to cancel my policy.However they are saying they need proof of my No Claims Discount before they can refund me.

Surely this is against the law?I only bought the policy yesterday and foolishly paid in full £372.I did use my visa debit card if that helps?

I was wondering if anybody has had any dealings with them or any good advice.

Thanks in advance

Jooper

Policy is not due to start untill May.

Edited by Jooper
added information

Hi Jooper, take a look at my signature and you will see that I have also had experience with ecar who are exactly the same as evan.

The bad news is that you will now spend the rest of your life trying to get your money back through their customer services department. My partner faxed, emailed, wrote and telephoned and she got absolutely nowhere.

The good news is that I found a back way in and now have the email address for one of their operations managers who got me a refund in a matter of days. I am only too happy to share this with you; however, you will have to be patient as I will have to trawl through my email inbox to find it again lol?

If your policy is not due to start till May then there is absolutely no requirement for you to evidence your ncb to them. This is total bs which is designed to delay any refund to you. They tried all these techniques with us - the effect is to p*&s you off so bad that you just give up and go away.

I will be back in touch shortly, don't worry though you'll get there in the end.

BTW, I envy you only having to pay £372 for insurance - that's about a third of mine lol :mad:

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Hi Jooper,

Back again lol I've searched my inbox and unfortunately I no longer have the address as the matter was resolved before we changed over to our new email system. I could kick myself!

That said, the email address I initially contacted was [email protected]

Try this, I think they start to panic when you contact them via this address. My advice is be sure of yourself, tell them that you require a refund within 7 days, otherwise you will have no option than to escalate the matter. Explain to them that this will include county court action and that you will be putting the contents of this email in a letter to them.

At the end of the day, company's like this prioritise the customers who they believe mean business - be polite but assertive and you will find your money will come flying back to you.

Check the bank account you paid from because your refund will just arrive without them notifying you - they're professional to the end lol

TFT

P.S. I find Nationwide and Tesco Insurance to be very good, Admiral are bloody awful!

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Thanks Freedom Trail thats a great place to start.I will send their documents back recorded delivery and see where I get.I will email to that address and give them seven days as you have suggested.

Thanks for your time and advice I will keep you posted

Jooper

I have received an email which now states if I send back my documents I will receive a full refund.I wont hold my breath for that .I have emailed them and given them 7 days notice.I have also sent the documents by recorded delivery.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Jooper