tv license and IQOR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yeah seen that cheers, but without going into detail and confusing people, that isn't Law, it's simply legislation, there is a very big difference between Lawful and Legal. Which is why I laugh at their own confusion using both words in their letters.

Agreed middxx, communicating with them simply flags you up as needing attention..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i understand what you are getting at. However, they seem to blur the meaning of both when talking about the tv license.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes, I even see it on the news, where they use legal and lawful in the same sentence, with that kind of education, no wonder people are confused by the terms.

Still, letter number 15 through the post yesterday, the same idle threats.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thats the thing, you dont have to pay it. Theres no actual law that says you MUST. It's institutional brainwashing at its finest. They have even got Joe public on their side. "The licence fee is the law.I must pay the licence fee, so if others don't it's not fair. Therefore, i must call others out."

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This is definitely a very emotive subject, I was called a 'parasite' by a BBC supporter, who seriously believed that by my not paying the BBC had somehow pushed up the price of the piece of paper he paid for, no amount of trying to educate him could convince him he was being conned.

Been brainwashed for too many years poor thing!

In the 1960s the Regiment (47) and the lads had numerous TVs in the Barrack Rooms which we hired individually some times, the Licencing people tried to charge the Regiment for each unit, a court case then envolved at Durham County Court If I remember properly (that it was Durham), our argument was that we only had one Aerial and distributed to individual sets, the case by the licencing authorities they lost. we won.

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Your not referring to 47 Regt R.A are you? My old unit....

TVL were never allowed on the camp when I was there, they would always be turned away at the gate as the RSM wouldn't let them on...

Your not referring to 47 Regt R.A are you? My old unit....

TVL were never allowed on the camp when I was there, they would always be turned away at the gate as the RSM wouldn't let them on...

New you would catch on yep 47 RA you were there later.

The hirers submitted details of TV set hired and letters arrived to indivuduals.

if I remember correctly.

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Good ole 47, pull up a sandbag (swing the lamp!)

1990-2007, each mess had one for their accommodation and the Naafi, that was it, PADs Qtrs were dependent on whether they actually believed the hype in the letters, unless of course the Qtrs were outside of the wire.

When I was associated with TV licensing, back in the '70's, when it was done "properly", not as it is today, Military Bases, Schools, Hospitals, Electricity/Gas/Water Board premises, were all "off limits".

Simple answer - they were Crown Property, and exempt from a receiving licence - strictly speaking, patients in Hospitals, who had their own TV's [in private wards], were not, but it would have been too much hassle to sort 'em out, so we sailed straight past.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

I got a letter from these idiots this morning, telling me if i didnt pay immediately they will send someone to my door. So glad i found this site.

All this for the whopping sum of £16.80.

They are welcome to send some jobsworth out and he will be sent packing.

Have you just missed a payment?

The BBC are very apt at farming out their responsibilities, if you have just missed a payment, add it onto the end of your payment plan, ignore idiot iQor, they aren't even worth responding to.

I know it is pathetic isn't it.....just add the missed payment on to the end of the agreement, don't double up the next payment, there is nothing they can do.

i missed 2weeks,im just going to continue paying it at paypoint and add they arrears to that. seems they are quick off the mark sending out these letters,its not like i owe 1000s of pounds.

Its a yearly bill, pay what you like when you like & take no notice of there threats. Have you ever given any thought of going license free , don`t watch live feeds just catch up TV . I am so glad i dumped TV from my life but Mrs Middxx took a lot longer to make the break, our lives are better for it. We do far more activities together , we attend martial art training classes & we bought a canoe for little adventures.My wife still watches her girly shows but has given up on soaps .

someone once called TV, the " class nipple " i believe TV has been a mild part of social engineering for some time now, people will vote in their millions for shi*e like Big brother or X factor but try getting them to a polling station to vote on matters that directly affect their lives.

Quite agree, a lot of nonsense for a few quid! Ignore them, just carry on with paying at the pay point and add some to it each week and try and catch up, even if they cancel the card as when you make the payment again you activate the card afresh and your payments start again. I am always falling behind as I find it hard to keep up, but normally catch up, and they also have my records wrong. After a couple of totally useless calls on the phone decided never to call them again. I now use the email to make any complaints and attempt to sort out. Last time did not get anywhere but suddenly found myself with a correct payment schedule rather than the outrageous one they sent out last year. Now had a letter from IQOR and did not even know it was a debt collection agency, but once I did, ignored them as they have no powers whatsoever.

The person on the phone has no authority to tell you that you will get a fine of £1000, that is outrageous. They only proceed if you do not keep up with regular payments and have not paid for some time, and they have to send an agent first, they have to gain permitted entrance into the house and you have to have been coned into making a statement and even then they may decide not to the first time. If one comes out, do not open the door to them and do not let them in or tell them anything; you do not have to! I also think that even if they take you to court that you may have a case as you have tried to make payments and tried to get them to accept payments. The fine is a max of £1000, and is what the court decides. If you do not have the means to pay any fine they have to agree that you can do so over time and agree a payment with you. You may also be able to ask the court to help with an agreement to cover your arrears. However, court action is a last solution and nothing to do with the do do on the phone.

Keep paying on the card and try and bring yourself up to date if you can. If not then go and see the CAB.