trust deed query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

In 2008 I went through the process of setting up a trust deed which became protected. However, I decided against the trust deed and never made any contributions. Last week I got a copy of my credit file and the trust deed was listed dated 2008. What is confusing me is that below the date it says discharged 2005. Does anyone know why this would be the case? And what does it say on file if you have completed the trust deed?

On another note I was recently contacted by a dca regarding a debt from 2003 offering a settlement of £500 for a £5000 debt. This debt is not shown on my file I guess because I defaulted past 6 years. If I was to pay this debt would it reappear on my file? Any ideas thanks.

The discharged date is obviously wrong so if you wish you can contact the credit reference agency and put a notice of correction on your file.

Regarding the debt from 2003, if this has not been acknowledged since 2003 then the debt would be time barred and it's really up to you whether you pay it or not. If you were to pay it then it may reappear on your file but then again it may not. I'm afraid you would just have to check and see.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.