CRA's Showing Incorrect Balances

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wondering if anybody else has encountered a similar problem. DH and I cleared all our current outstanding debts including our mortgage at the beginning of March. Halifax have updated the mortgage information and its now showing as settled. However, DH's credit card, overdraft and loan account and my credit card and overdraft are still showing large outstanding balances, Black Horse and Very have also not updated the details. I thought credit reports were updated monthly, they always have been when the balances have increased, perhaps I'm naive in thinking they would do the same once balances have been cleared. The last updates on all of these accounts was 28 February and we are now almost in the middle of April. I have emailed Experian and asked them to put notices of correction against all these but as yet they have failed to respond other than the standard email response.

Quick update on this....DH's credit file was updated (again) on 11/4 and low and behold Halifax Credit Card is still showing as a £9K balance...rangg Halifax who said they sent information through at end of March, rang Experian who said yes they did but with an outstanding balance of £9K, rang Halifax back and they said they will send an email/fax through to get this corrected....however I will not hold my breath! All other accounts have now been updated correctly, but its the Halifax Credit Card outstanding balance that is stopping DH getting an interest free credit card....grrrrr, bunch of muppets, the lot of them :(